Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.9.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New to the forum. I've been trying to find a list of what features are dropped in what code level.

I'd think there would be a list either here or on the Tesla site that has firmware level, what product it applies to, release date, and what it fixes, features, probably some date information.

Perhaps it's out there, but I Googled many combinations and nothing really came up. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can easily believe I just didn't search on the right thing.

It's hard for me to believe it's not 'here' somewhere. ...any code release process has such a list.

I recently got an update but I expected it to have more features, thinking having this easy to find would be a real good thing to manage expectations.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
New to the forum. I've been trying to find a list of what features are dropped in what code level.

I'd think there would be a list either here or on the Tesla site that has firmware level, what product it applies to, release date, and what it fixes, features, probably some date information.

Perhaps it's out there, but I Googled many combinations and nothing really came up. Can someone point me in the right direction? I can easily believe I just didn't search on the right thing.

It's hard for me to believe it's not 'here' somewhere. ...any code release process has such a list.

I recently got an update but I expected it to have more features, thinking having this easy to find would be a real good thing to manage expectations.

No such list is maintained here on TMC as far as I’m aware. The closest thing I can think of that you’re looking for is the software update megathread in the Teslamotors subreddit: reddit: the front page of the internet

Tesla does not produce detailed release notes for each build, only cover new user visible features in general.

Performance of autopilot can change significantly from build to build with no explanation. Usually these changes are for the better however sometimes you do see regressions. I'd suggest if you're an owner that you find some nice representative local roads to use as a test track and literally test every new build you receive against that to check for unexpected changes.

I ran my battery down to under 10% a few times recently and charged up to 100, no change.

It does get confusing with all the firmware updates that have different features depending on your battery, RWD, AWD and performance model.

I got some battery improvement at 2019.8,3, but none at 2019.5.x .

I use the app STATS on my iPhone. It tracks the battery efficiency On every trip. I don’t have to go to low charge and recharge to 100%. It’s predictive and extrapolates to 100%. I’ve seen it go up recently.

In the last six month of ownership, I’ve never seen 100% of the people on the same firmware. I imagine the rollout schedule is complex for Tesla.

The Model 3s get better over time, just not at the same time.

It does get confusing with all the firmware updates that have different features depending on your battery, RWD, AWD and performance model.

I got some battery improvement at 2019.8,3, but none at 2019.5.x .

I use the app STATS on my iPhone. It tracks the battery efficiency On every trip. I don’t have to go to low charge and recharge to 100%. It’s predictive and extrapolates to 100%. I’ve seen it go up recently.

In the last six month of ownership, I’ve never seen 100% of the people on the same firmware. I imagine the rollout schedule is complex for Tesla.

The Model 3s get better over time, just not at the same time.

I use Teslafi which does something similar. My last 90% charge showed me an extrapolated range of 502kms at 100%.

Anyone get the the latest update three times? Today I got the same message, Update available, it was the same one, Dog mode and Power increase. ??
Have you kept track of your version numbers? You're likely not getting the same update repeatedly but getting minor version bug fixes. You may have received 2019.8.x and then been updated to 2019.8.x+1, and then x+2. Each of those are going to have the same release notes and will usually only contain bug fixes from the previous release.

Reactions: MP3Mike