Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only have about 3-4 miles of range loss per day, which isn't really that bad IMO

The turn signal being louder when at speed/on highway makes tons of sense. With the UI not directly in the drivers line of sight, having some more auditory feedback is a great way to help reduce reliance on the screen.

Still having some weird issues with my Apple AirPods, iPhone X and M3. Has anyone noticed how many BT Tesla related devices show as "connected" ? I have a total of 5... Anyone else seeing that ? Have not seen much improvement since the latest 2018.4.9 firmware.

Attachments

• IMG_0494.jpg
    IMG_0494.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 103
Still having some weird issues with my Apple AirPods, iPhone X and M3. Has anyone noticed how many BT Tesla related devices show as "connected" ? I have a total of 5... Anyone else seeing that ? Have not seen much improvement since the latest 2018.4.9 firmware.

There are four BLE transceivers on the car that appear to be for triangulating the distance to the phone for unlocking and locking purposes. The fifth BT transceiver is for phone and media usage.

For me, it’s been high from the beginning. I can’t wait until they release “power saving mode”

According to the owner's manual, when in Power Saving Mode (which the car goes into if the main battery gets too low) it will not charge the 12V battery, which then can go dead in a day.

I wish there were a power saving mode for when I need to leave the car unplugged for a week or two. (When I travel, sometimes there's no plug.) But it's got to be a system that does not draw down the 12V battery. Not sure that's possible with a car that's almost more computer than car.

Here's an idea: Have an actual physical key: Lock the car with the key and everything shuts down. Unlock with the key and the car boots back up. I wouldn't care if that boot-up took five minutes because I'd only be using it when I had to leave the car unplugged for a long time.

F19B8258-4F65-4DBD-BEDE-1DAD849FEB26.jpeg
830381E9-8363-4D46-83E7-27C5C6AAA207.jpeg
According to the owner's manual, when in Power Saving Mode (which the car goes into if the main battery gets too low) it will not charge the 12V battery, which then can go dead in a day.

I wish there were a power saving mode for when I need to leave the car unplugged for a week or two. (When I travel, sometimes there's no plug.) But it's got to be a system that does not draw down the 12V battery. Not sure that's possible with a car that's almost more computer than car.

Here's an idea: Have an actual physical key: Lock the car with the key and everything shuts down. Unlock with the key and the car boots back up. I wouldn't care if that boot-up took five minutes because I'd only be using it when I had to leave the car unplugged for a long time.

This feature is available on the S & X
I talked to the customer rep to ask about the model 3 and they even has this on their wiki. It’s just a matter of time before they release it in future update (just like the seat heaters and scheduled charging features that came with the latest update). Supposedly it should be under “Display” menu.

Here’s the photo from our S

I decided to make a wish list of things I want in a future firmware release, and I could only think of five:

1. Change TACC set speed from right scroll wheel.
2. Change AP follow distance from right scroll wheel.
3. Improve AP performance (which I gather has already been done for the X so hopefully it's on the way for us as well.)
4. A more positive way to lock the car*.
5. Remember music source**.

* The car will lock itself when I walk away. But it takes a minute or so to do it, and unless I stand there looking at the mirrors to fold, I never feel totally confident. What happens if someone decides to open the car after I've walked away but before it's locked itself? I could use the key card. But I'd really like something like, for example: If the car is in park and all the doors are closed, briefly pulling the handle part-way locks it. Or some other way I could positively lock the car without pulling out the key card or messing with my phone (turn phone on; find app; open app, find Unlock button and press; close app; shut off screen; put phone away).

** The car seems to remember if my last music source is streaming or radio, but forgets and tries to default to the phone if my last used music source was the USB (which is my preference).

Not bad that I could only think of five things, and only 3 of those have to do directly with driving.

How many people have actually received the new 2018.10 release for Model 3 yet?

Looking at http://firmware.teslafi.com/ it seems like Model S/X are getting way more updates than the 3 (obviously way more of them are on the road, too)

I got an update today and thought it was going to be 2018.10.4 as someone in the fb group got it with an early VIN but when I updated it turned out to be 2018.4.18. I came from 2018.4.9. Same release notes.

I got an update today and thought it was going to be 2018.10.4 as someone in the fb group got it with an early VIN but when I updated it turned out to be 2018.4.18. I came from 2018.4.9. Same release notes.

Very interesting!! To me, this would imply they are having some issues with the 2018.10 release for Model 3. Does 4.18 have any new features that you can tell?

I decided to make a wish list of things I want in a future firmware release, and I could only think of five:

1. Change TACC set speed from right scroll wheel.
2. Change AP follow distance from right scroll wheel.
3. Improve AP performance (which I gather has already been done for the X so hopefully it's on the way for us as well.)
4. A more positive way to lock the car*.
5. Remember music source**.

* The car will lock itself when I walk away. But it takes a minute or so to do it, and unless I stand there looking at the mirrors to fold, I never feel totally confident. What happens if someone decides to open the car after I've walked away but before it's locked itself? I could use the key card. But I'd really like something like, for example: If the car is in park and all the doors are closed, briefly pulling the handle part-way locks it. Or some other way I could positively lock the car without pulling out the key card or messing with my phone (turn phone on; find app; open app, find Unlock button and press; close app; shut off screen; put phone away).

** The car seems to remember if my last music source is streaming or radio, but forgets and tries to default to the phone if my last used music source was the USB (which is my preference).

Not bad that I could only think of five things, and only 3 of those have to do directly with driving.

I also listen to USB music and it doesn't play the music from where I left off...

However, if you use the app and turn on the AC remotely before you get to the car, the USB music DOES resume from where you left off....Interesting...

I also listen to USB music and it doesn't play the music from where I left off...

However, if you use the app and turn on the AC remotely before you get to the car, the USB music DOES resume from where you left off....Interesting...

Thanks for that information. Unfortunately, AT&T cell service is so crappy that when my car is in the garage that app will not connect to it 9 times out of ten. (Waiting for the update that implements wi-fi.) (My Verizon phone gets 5 bars when it's in the same garage. Even when it's in the car, in the garage, and the car has no bars.)