Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
got 2018.4.9
notes show...
1. Owners Manual accessible via screen
2. Phone Key assignments (for multiple phones ??)
3. Tire pressure units display
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

@smartypnz when did you get the update? My VIN is close to yours and on the restricted list, cant get updates until bugs with 2018.4.9 are resolved. If you got this recently, its a good sign for others. Will be especially appreciated by those experiencing the phone as key problems.

I'm still stuck on 2017.50.13 since delivery last week, and I've been wondering if mirror auto tilt in reverse is working well for anyone else? Mine will tilt down when going in reverse but not sideways (towards the side body of the car) which makes pulling backwards into my driveway quite difficult.

Does the new update fix this issue or is it just specific to my vehicle?

@smartypnz when did you get the update? My VIN is close to yours and on the restricted list, cant get updates until bugs with 2018.4.9 are resolved. If you got this recently, its a good sign for others. Will be especially appreciated by those experiencing the phone as key problems.

Moments before I posted it yesterday. Tracker said I was number 2 posting.

• Informative
Reactions: FreeOfPge
D4F0E141-BFA0-4C6A-A1EB-A48B39797168.jpeg
Can anyone who got the update post photo of new wiper UI and give any feedback on it. Find it very insensitive to auto wiping and would like a sensitivity control like s/X
Liuping already posted a photo of what it looks like when the wipers are on. But here is a photo of the interface when the wipers are off (note that my screen is in night mode). The lower menu also goes to the wiper menu if you push the button on the left steering wheel stalk that swipes the wipers once. Definitely much improved over the original interface!

I was on 2017.50.13 since shortly after delivery end of Jan, just got 2018.4.9 this morning and it installed while I'm at work. Will post at night about mirror-dimming and any noticeable difference in acceleration as per @DFibRL8R although if true that would be very exciting!

Can someone have new firmware test if a long trip navigation impact the responsiveness of the UI?

I found the current UI (2017.50) is very sluggish when there is a length navigation ongoing:

1. Without using navigation, Turn on rear camera and notice the video stream is smooth.
2. Plan a trip for about 20-30 miles, then drive for 30 seconds.
3. Switch back to rear camera, can you notice the video stream is stuttering/slow update
4. Play with touchscreen, scroll odometer tab, did you notice any delay, lag?

Thanks!

Quick question: Aside from the format of version numbers (which appears to be the now-usual YEAR.WEEK.PATCHLEVEL), is there any reason to believe that there's any relation between the software releases for the Model 3 and the Model S/X?

Bruce.

is there any reason to believe that there's any relation between the software releases for the Model 3 and the Model S/X?
I wouldn't think so. I mean, if a feature comes to one platform, it'll likely come to the other. However, the two vehicle platforms (s\x and 3) are running on two different hardware platforms. I have no doubt a good bit of code is shared between the two (AP but also other core code) but there are enough differences to justify two different testing groups prior to any release. They can't just toss a model s update onto a 3.

Reactions: kbecks13