Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any links to that info and what else might be there?

Model 3 software update (2017.50.10) • r/teslamotors
>>>>>>>>>
Model 3 software update (2017.50.10) (self.teslamotors)

submitted 21 hours ago * by Filippopotamus Model 3 owner

I know someone wanted to know the versions as they come.

The changes I’ve noticed so far: - the Easter Egg drawer now has a reindeer on it (haven’t tried it out yet though) - autopilot message bubble when first engage is a bit different - easy entry doesn’t activate when you put it on park anymore. It does when you unbuckle the seatbelt. Which I actually prefer.

Edit: Scheduled charging is back

That’s all I’ve noticed so far.
<<<<<<<<<<

Reactions: EscoguyS75
So I guess it's like the Model S/X updates. We just wait for an update notification.
Was notable to get the X-mas one about 10 days after Christmas but oh well!

Yes..... there have been countless threads trying to figure the disbursement of the updates.
You just have to wait till your annointment.

As always, I still believe if you align your wheels so that all the valve stems are at the 12 o’clock position, you will get the update quicker.

Tesla's software versions appear to follow this pattern: <year>.<major version>.<patch level>. From what I've seen on the S, the release notes, they tend to only reflect the major version. Patch updates typically include a line saying "Various improvements", etc. They tend to introduce new features in major version updates, and other bugfixes in the patch.
I think it is <year>.<week>.<patch level> sometimes followed by a unique alphanumeric code (maybe a hash from the build process). At least that's the way it's been on the S/X for the last year or so. Major version is still 8.

Where are you VIN-wise? I'm on 2017.48.30 (which I haven't been able to find info on). Service guy told me they roll out by date of production.
I’m on the same version as you. Vin 005XXX
Just took delivery Saturday and after asking service help, this was installed 1/24 before I picked up the car. Still has chargeport opening issue.

See the firmware tracker here: Tesla Firmware Upgrade Tracker Web App

So it seems that with 2018.4.8 (and maybe earlier) you can now adjust the sound of the navigation directions and even mute them. I'm not sure if that's been there for a while, but I just noticed it.

Also, the new pre-heat function in the app is great. I turn it on when my car is ~45 degrees and it turns on my defroster and seat heater for a few minutes until the car hits 60ish.

So it seems that with 2018.4.8 (and maybe earlier) you can now adjust the sound of the navigation directions and even mute them. I'm not sure if that's been there for a while, but I just noticed it.

Also, the new pre-heat function in the app is great. I turn it on when my car is ~45 degrees and it turns on my defroster and seat heater for a few minutes until the car hits 60ish.
The navigation voice has been there.
I have not seen the preheat function yet. All I see is the standard climate control.

I have not seen the preheat function yet. All I see is the standard climate control.

That's one interesting thing about it, you won't actually see any new buttons when you get this functionality. It only appears when you turn on the climate heating from the app and then you will see defrost and seat heater symbols appear on the climate screen.

For me, the seat heater only seems to turn on if the car is <50F and defrost if it's <60 when i turn on the climate.

You get this functionality with the latest Tesla app on your phone and if your car has either 2018.4.6 or 4.8

That's one interesting thing about it, you won't actually see any new buttons when you get this functionality. It only appears when you turn on the climate heating from the app and then you will see defrost and seat heater symbols appear on the climate screen.

For me, the seat heater only seems to turn on if the car is <50F and defrost if it's <60 when i turn on the climate.

You get this functionality with the latest Tesla app on your phone and if your car has either 2018.4.6 or 4.8
Confirmed!