Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
18.3 release notes were the same as 18.2 which were the same as 18.1. I haven't noticed anything different yet. Hopefully they fixed the bug with the rear camera only showing black.

Fixed my rear camera turning black, I'm on 18.3 and haven't had any rear camera issue.
Just had a Bluetooth issue, icon was gray like nothing was connected when getting out of the car. Had problems in getting back into car and had to unlock android phone, open app running in background.

Fixed my rear camera turning black, I'm on 18.3 and haven't had any rear camera issue.
Just had a Bluetooth issue, icon was gray like nothing was connected when getting out of the car. Had problems in getting back into car and had to unlock android phone, open app running in background.
Had the bluetooth bug on current 14.13 and all i had to do was reboot the car and the bluetooth function recovered.

I have not gotten any updates for almost a month :)

Same here! 14.13

Received 2 updates the first week, nothing in the last 6 weeks. On 14.3.
Pretty much what I expected since trying to figure out Tesla's upgrade methodology is like trying to nail jello to a tree:), impossible!

I just posted this in the 18.3 thread, but I'm going to put it here too.

I'm going to go against the trend and say that I don't like the updates to the media interface. The biggest annoyance is that the media window doesn't stay maximized when selecting a streaming station. It goes back to the completely minimized state after each time a new station is tapped. I liked being able to tap on random stations in the media player to browse them and now instead of being able to stay on the maximized screen to do that, you have to re-maximize the media player every time. This is much worse than the previous interface.

I don't like the new way that sources are selected on the maximized interface either. Having the separate button to make sources selectable from the the minimized player is fine, but on the maximized window, there's no need for it. Instead of keeping them in tabs on the to get to each source quickly, it adds an unnecessary tap to bring up the sub-menu every time.

Reactions: CWFLY
I just posted this in the 18.3 thread, but I'm going to put it here too.

I'm going to go against the trend and say that I don't like the updates to the media interface. The biggest annoyance is that the media window doesn't stay maximized when selecting a streaming station. It goes back to the completely minimized state after each time a new station is tapped. I liked being able to tap on random stations in the media player to browse them and now instead of being able to stay on the maximized screen to do that, you have to re-maximize the media player every time. This is much worse than the previous interface.

I don't like the new way that sources are selected on the maximized interface either. Having the separate button to make sources selectable from the the minimized player is fine, but on the maximized window, there's no need for it. Instead of keeping them in tabs on the to get to each source quickly, it adds an unnecessary tap to bring up the sub-menu every time.

SDK...totally agree with you on the interface changes...not nearly as intuitive as before. Also, I really don't think these are the types of changes and updates the car needs at this point. Surely, there are more important items to be improving on and updating.

Does anyone know the email address we can send ideas/feedback to? Where does Tesla source most of their public feedback from that directly leads to changes and updates?

It appears that 2018.18.3 may be the first build to go into widespread distribution since 2108.14.13. The numbers are small, but already there are more reports of 2018.18.3 on the firmware tracker than all the other builds since 2018.14.13 put together.

For anyone not entering their updates on ev-fw.com please consider doing so each time you get an update. It only takes about 20 seconds to enter it on the website.

I only have about 4 stations I listen to, so I just scroll through them via the wheel controls to change. If you have 15 or something, then I can see how that would be annoying.

The behavior of the favorites bar didn't change, so scrolling through is still fine for those. What bugs me is that a lot of time I like to tap quickly through the different streaming stations that I don't have saved to see what's playing. In the previous version, the screen would stay maximized after going to the new station and you could pick another one right away if you wanted. With the screen minimizing when a new station is picked, it's a huge annoyance to have open up the window again every single time to go back to the grid of stations.

I agree that browsing streaming stations sucks now. I want the option of keeping the maximized view back. Did anybody else notice that your cars name(if you gave it one) only shows in top left when you're in park. I thought it used to be in the top left all of the time before?

Reactions: CWFLY
I still did not get the latest update. How long do I wait for it?
Most people are still on 2018.14.13 according the firmware tracking site ev-fw.com. Recently it’s tsken 1-2 weeks for the widespread releases to get to everyone. There are also going to be releases that not everyone gets and are replaced by new builds within days. Be patient.

• Informative
Reactions: N8Howell33