Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have a 3, you may be waiting awhile.

If 39.6 (or later) is the supposed wide releaes of V9, then at this time only S & X have it. According to TeslaFi, only 7.8% of the S & X reporting fleet has this rev.

No reporting Model 3's have it yet.

Yes, looking at TeslaFi, appears the big boy cars are getting first dibs. Model 3's will probably get it when those start to taper off

upload_2018-10-6_8-43-1.gif

Speaking of WiFi connectivity... Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, but does anybody else seem to receive a very weak WiFi signal in their car? It's almost like the WiFi antenna in the car isn't very powerful compared to other devices.
My phone gets around 50% but the Tesla shows just barely one "dot", no lines on the WiFi symbol.
I used to, but added a WiFi extender in the closest outlet in the garage. $20. Took it from 1 bar to 4 all the time

You wait. Wait until nobody is complaining about not having it but you, wait some more, then call on off hours when there isn't a long wait, but still a wait. You have a Tesla, you should be good at the waiting thing by now
Just so you understand, and not so judgmental, I am a 70 year old lady who thought I didn’t know what to do. I know I have to be patient, I thought I was not doing something correct. So before you get snippy, understand not all people are as smart and young as you may be.

Just so you understand, and not so judgmental, I am a 70 year old lady who thought I didn’t know what to do. I know I have to be patient, I thought I was not doing something correct. So before you get snippy, understand not all people are as smart and young as you may be.
Congratulations on your car, Tricia. My sweetie and I are in your age cohort. This forum is pretty high-testosertone. But further, there are two kinds of people who come here; people like you wanting to know more about the car, and others whose purpose here is to make Tesla as unattractive as possible to as many people as possible. So sometimes folks get a little impatient. Cut 'em some slack and persevere. Our Model S got V9 today, still nothing on our Model 3.

The internet is hard for some people who want to automatically assume that everyone is as short-tempered or self-centered as they are. I didn't think your message conveyed a particular negative tone, just factual and brief. Sometimes people take short (in the literal sense) to be the same as short (as in tempered).

Congratulations on your car, Tricia. My sweetie and I are in your age cohort. This forum is pretty high-testosertone. But further, there are two kinds of people who come here; people like you wanting to know more about the car, and others whose purpose here is to make Tesla as unattractive as possible to as many people as possible. So sometimes folks get a little impatient. Cut 'em some slack and persevere. Our Model S got V9 today, still nothing on our Model 3.

I don't think that's fair. While those two groups exist, there are a ton of community members who are doing really great things like sharing tutorials, offering free services, and just sharing their love of their cars with others. As with lots of reality, it's easier to pick out the extreme cases of negativity than it is to focus on all the positive stuff.

ON TOPIC: Also on a M3 with no update.

~Paik

Reactions: outdoors
And there are also owners who think new owners should do a little research on their own before posting a question, such as reading some recent posts in relevant threads and (gasp!) maybe even using the search function. It’s predictable that every time a new version comes out there are people posting that they’ve waited a few hours and they don’t have it yet. A quick search about version updates should show that we wait days to weeks for it.

The internet is hard for some people who want to automatically assume that everyone is as short-tempered or self-centered as they are. I didn't think your message conveyed a particular negative tone, just factual and brief. Sometimes people take short (in the literal sense) to be the same as short (as in tempered).

I don't think that's fair. While those two groups exist, there are a ton of community members who are doing really great things like sharing tutorials, offering free services, and just sharing their love of their cars with others. As with lots of reality, it's easier to pick out the extreme cases of negativity than it is to focus on all the positive stuff.

ON TOPIC: Also on a M3 with no update.

~Paik
Good observation, @Paik4Life.

From the TeslaFi tracker is seems pretty clear the update is rolling out to S and X first. When I checked last night it was something like 12% of x and s users were on 39 and only a handful of 3s.

That's actually not the story TeslaFi is telling us.

TeslaFi is showing Model 3's where the firmware has been rolled back from 39.6 to 36.2

There seems to be an issue with the Model 3 and 39.6

There are Model 3's on 39.5, but there are also Model S/X's on that version as well. So 39.5 isn't exclusive to the Model 3.

So I gave up on the idea of getting it this weekend. It will likely be resolved on Monday, and then the rollout will begin for the Model 3.

Last edited:
That's actually not the story TeslaFi is telling us.

TeslaFi is showing Model 3's where the firmware has been rolled back from 39.6 to 36.2

There seems to be an issue with the Model 3 and 39.6

There are Model 3's on 39.5, but there are also Model S/X's on that version as well. So 39.5 isn't exclusive to the Model 3.

So I gave up on the idea of getting it this weekend. It will likely be resolved on Monday, and then the rollout will begin for the Model 3.
Where are you seeing any Model 3's at all on 39.6? I've been monitoring TeslaFi pretty heavily since 39.6 started rolling out and I didn't see a single 3 with 39.6 installed. All I saw was the 5 with 39.5 and 4 with 39.4 (now down to 3, but my guess is that the 4th vehicle there dropped out of TeslaFi reporting).

I also haven't seen any evidence of downgrading from S&X either, but I haven't really been following that closely.

Is there somewhere else to look?