Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what i said. Being on wifi doesn't help with delays (in my case, i am on wifi most of the day and all night), i mean they could push it over network for those connected overnight, wouldn't make much difference in cost. (just like to PWs). LTE is another matter of course.

What i didn't understand as it was said in the quote, why would they target X, S and performance first, as opposed to diversified roll.

There was a few days where 39.6 only went out to S & X (started Saturday through last night). My guess is there was an issue with V9 roll-out to 3s which is why there was no 3s getting the latest (39.5 was going to all three models). 39.6 to 3s started last night - TeslaFi doesn't differentiate between M3s so hard to tell which cars have received on there - but there are some low VINs (assuming RWD) so not sure they are just P models receiving the update.

Saw this tonight...

8 lane recognition?!

Screenshot_20181009_203511.jpg

also tried out the dashcam feature

coincidentally caught this idiot motorcyclist

Anyone with an early production regular old RWD model 3 (extended range) get the update yet?? It looks like there’s one person so far. I took delivery in mid-February and typically get updates pretty early but nothing yet and I’m wondering if priority is going to the more expensive versions of the M3 and the S and X. Thoughts?

Anyone with an early production regular old RWD model 3 (extended range) get the update yet?? It looks like there’s one person so far. I took delivery in mid-February and typically get updates pretty early but nothing yet and I’m wondering if priority is going to the more expensive versions of the M3 and the S and X. Thoughts?

According to TeslaFi, there were some non-D M3 that were updated to v9 yesterday but today seem to be all Ds (although still very few updated overall).

Reactions: mbranciforte

VIN in the 7000s here. No update yet, but I still think it's probably more randomness than anything.

Extremely pumped to learn that there are already "regular old" M3s in the world. :p

Not since the heady days of the roll out of AP1 has there been so much checking of WiFi traffic and back and forth on the forums. For a while in those days it was believed that if you hooked up to Tesla's WiFi connection you'd get your update faster, and owners were orbiting service centers hoping to catch the latest release.

Hang on, Christmas is coming, we just don't know when.