Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Big firmware push evident today. Thanks, Tesla.

Some big things and little things add up to a major interface upgrade. Blind spot detection is vastly improved with the expanded lane views. The added detail on adjacent traffic is transformative. Anything moving behind you right or left is clearly displayed. Climate control interface is a work of art. Music interface is much improved with new row of sources nicely spaced instead of hard to use drop down. Fewer icons on main display improves usability. Temp setting change is a home run. Just putting temp and time on the top left side was a welcome move.

A great set of improvements to enjoy. Still figuring out some of them.

What’s next?

Anyone keeping a wish list?

Big firmware push evident today. Thanks, Tesla.

Some big things and little things add up to a major interface upgrade. Blind spot detection is vastly improved with the expanded lane views. The added detail on adjacent traffic is transformative. Anything moving behind you right or left is clearly displayed. Climate control interface is a work of art. Music interface is much improved with new row of sources nicely spaced instead of hard to use drop down. Fewer icons on main display improves usability. Temp setting change is a home run. Just putting temp and time on the top left side was a welcome move.

A great set of improvements to enjoy. Still figuring out some of them.

What’s next?

Anyone keeping a wish list?

Refreshing to hear someone not complain about the update

Swapped cars with my wife for the weekend because I took my daughters camping. Apparently while I was gone, she x'ed out of the update notification twice when it prompted her. Once in Friday and once on Saturday.

Now I'm home and can't get it to trigger. Am I sent to the back of the cue?

I'm dying here. Any suggestions? She feels terrible and I'm trying to keep a brave face.

Fair warning, I have no idea if what I did had any affect on anything, BUT...

I live only 3 miles from a service center. On a lark, and based on some unsubstantiated internet rumors, I stopped into the parking lot and connected to the service department's WiFi while I was out running an errand. Low and behold, I got my alarm clock back 5 minutes later! Car is happily installing now and marriage is saved ;)

I stopped in at my SC center and the service manager pushed V9 out to me. Fortunately, Tesla is close to me, but at this point, I am pretty sure he would have done it, had I just called.

I tried to do the same this morning, first by just sitting in the parking lot and connecting to both Tesla Service and Tesla Guest. 1 hour later... nothing. While waiting I asked Service if they could just push it manually, they said they "aren't able" (riiiiight) and that my name was a ways back in the queue ~1 week away; Implying they could see an actual queue but couldn't do anything about it. That is, at least accd'ing to this one service manager.

She also said there was a pause in V9 releases this morning due to some SW bug(s), and that they were pushing an incremental patch to V9 users first before dropping to anyone new. Taking the entire response with one giant heaping teaspoon of shi..... salt.