Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 SR+ MY21 delivery wait times in Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the approx cost for this? Is it done all over the vehicle?

Yes it is done all over the vehicle (not the glass, although I believe some people do that too).

I had mine done at Opti-Coat with Opti-Coat Pro+ Multi-coat. 7 year warranty. Cost $995. They wash and detail the car before application of course. I did this only a few days after delivery, and they need to keep the car overnight. I also had the side windows tinted at the same time, they do that first.

Reactions: Abenr
Yes it is done all over the vehicle (not the glass, although I believe some people do that too).

I had mine done at Opti-Coat with Opti-Coat Pro+ Multi-coat. 7 year warranty. Cost $995. They wash and detail the car before application of course. I did this only a few days after delivery, and they need to keep the car overnight. I also had the side windows tinted at the same time, they do that first.
Thanks @Vostok how does it compare to PPF?

I had my first tesla done with opticoat+ which I thought was fantastic. Was best available at the time. My detailer convinced me to do the 2nd one a few years later in a newer technology coating, and its on another level. I had the windscreen done but had to have it removed as it caused issues with the wipers.
For the cleaning gain alone, as you mentioned already, a high quality coating is essential.
Anyone offering a cheap price isnt doing the preparation. Yours seemed about right.

What’s the approx cost for this? Is it done all over the vehicle?
All painted areas including wheels. Inside door paint is optional but i’d strongly recommend having it done on any paint that you have to clean. Give it a miss on the glass. Invest in whatever cleaning gear the detailer recommends. Insist on full paint correction first otherwise you’re not going to like the result. If they try to talk you out of that you’ve got the wrong detailer.

Thanks @Vostok how does it compare to PPF?
I never really investigated PPF, I believe full car treatment costs about the same as ceramic coating.

PPF is solely to protect the paint as its name suggests. It can be applied to just the front of the car (i.e the bit most likely to get hit with road debris), or the whole car, or anything inbetween. I don’t know how easy/hard it is to wash a car with PPF compared to ceramic coating.

Ceramic coating provides some paint protection but not as much as PPF.

My wife did a 3400 km tour of regIonal NSW and VIC earlier this year (I was jealous much). When she came back the front of the car was an unbelievable mess of splattered bugs everywhere. I should have taken a photo, it looked like it really had been taken for a proper drive. A wash with car detergent and sponge and it all came right off easy-peasey. I did not notice any evidence of rock chips, scratches or paint damage. Car looked as good as new after a wash.

TL;DR - I’d just go with ceramic coating, unless you regularly drive on very poor quality roads.

Couldn’t find a thread on this. How accurate is the delivery window for Australia /Vic deliveries of SR+ M3. I ordered mine this week said 2-5 weeks during ordering and on the account shows Nov 25-Dec 10 window.
I ordered mine on the 14th October went from a 2 week delivery being 28/10 then changed to a delivery date of 4-6 weeks being 11/11-25/11 and now it is 4/12-18/12 so an original delivery date of two weeks currently sits at 7-9 weeks pretty disappointing