Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Black.

Seems like the Watkins are on backorder in the 19 x 8.5”. The 19 x 9” set are in stock, but concerned about potential rubbing and poking from the front (on 245/40/19 tires) if I end up not deciding to not lower the car.
If you dont lower, no rubbing, I can raise my car to stock height and no rubbing for sure, not much poke, pretty flush at +30 with that width

Received these Ohm Lightning (Gloss Black) 18 x 8.5" wheels with Michelin X-Ice Xi-3 235/45/18 winter tires. Exceed my expectations, these wheels are fantastic. They clear the performance brakes and weigh ~22 lbs, machined to fit the P3D hubs without any adapters or rings. Clearance between the calipers and the wheels is roughly (one fingertip). I should measure more precisely, but it's probably between 5-10 mm. Still waiting for the TPMS to be detected, but hoping they register soon. Shout out to Jason @ GetYourWheels!

Please excuse my dirty discs in these photos, just went through a couple of snow storms with grit and grime on the roads, and of course haven't applied the brakes much with the sorta recent improved regen update. Ran to the car wash after installing the new wheels and snapped a few photos. I'll take it out tomorrow and stomp a little to make them sparkle.

wheels1.jpg wheels2.jpg wheels3.jpg wheels4.jpg wheels5.jpg wheels6.jpg

Reactions: GetYourWheels
Received these Ohm Lightning (Gloss Black) 18 x 8.5" wheels with Michelin X-Ice Xi-3 235/45/18 winter tires. Exceed my expectations, these wheels are fantastic. They clear the performance brakes and weigh ~22 lbs, machined to fit the P3D hubs without any adapters or rings. Clearance between the calipers and the wheels is roughly (one fingertip). I should measure more precisely, but it's probably between 5-10 mm. Still waiting for the TPMS to be detected, but hoping they register soon. Shout out to Jason @ GetYourWheels!

That looks great. I am making this change soon after going through a pothole and damaged the side of front tire Any changes in handling, efficiency, or ride quality? And did you use any spacers or hub centric ring to have the flush OEM fit?

That looks great. I am making this change soon after going through a pothole and damaged the side of front tire Any changes in handling, efficiency, or ride quality? And did you use any spacers or hub centric ring to have the flush OEM fit?

Less traction for sure, so far only noticable on dry roads with spirited driving. More efficient for sure, but I don't have any good comparison data points other than looking at energy usage and seeing less usage per mile for particular routes. Finally, no spacers or rings with these wheels (ordered specifically for P3D and they were machined to fit).

• Love
Reactions: Jaiey
Less traction for sure, so far only noticable on dry roads with spirited driving. More efficient for sure, but I don't have any good comparison data points other than looking at energy usage and seeing less usage per mile for particular routes. Finally, no spacers or rings with these wheels (ordered specifically for P3D and they were machined to fit).

Sweet. I will be ordering 18" Ohm Proton Wheels for P3D+ to replace 20" wheels. I will share the feedback and pictures ones I install.

Still waiting for the TPMS to be detected, but hoping they register soon.

Was the TPMS detected? Asking to see if I should consider buying any other brand

Please excuse my dirty discs in these photos, just went through a couple of snow storms with grit and grime on the roads, and of course haven't applied the brakes much with the sorta recent improved regen update. Ran to the car wash after installing the new wheels and snapped a few photos. I'll take it out tomorrow and stomp a little to make them sparkle.

View attachment 491285 View attachment 491286 View attachment 491291 View attachment 491292 View attachment 491289 View attachment 491290

Thanks for sharing the pics, these came out great! Perfect option for 18"s to fit over the Performance brakes. Looking forward to the new pics ;)

Im planning on purchasing a 18x9.5 25+ dekagram konig ,I plan on mounting this with a 275/40/18. Does anyone know if i'll encounter an issue witht his offset?

I tried calling get your wheels today, unfortunately it goes straight to voicemail.

Thanks!
Steve

That might work on the rears but the fronts will poke out past your fender line if you’re doing a square setup. If you lower the car you will rub for sure. Also the profile on that tire might be too tall if you’re doing 275 all around

Hey all I’m new to the forum and picked up my model 3 in December. I’m a huge car enthusiast but new to the Tesla world. I got Eibach Pro lowering springs coming in but I’m curious on some of these wheels set ups for staggered set ups since even on my track Miata I run a square set up. I’m wondering if these will fit okay. Thanks in advance, I’ve been lurking the forum since October haha.
19×8.5 +38mm / 19×9.5 +38mm

Hey all I’m new to the forum and picked up my model 3 in December. I’m a huge car enthusiast but new to the Tesla world. I got Eibach Pro lowering springs coming in but I’m curious on some of these wheels set ups for staggered set ups since even on my track Miata I run a square set up. I’m wondering if these will fit okay. Thanks in advance, I’ve been lurking the forum since October haha.
19×8.5 +38mm / 19×9.5 +38mm
The 8.5 for the front will only stick out 2mm from OEM.
The 9.5 for the rear will stick out 14.7 mm from OEM.
I have seen as much as 24mm front and rear, so you should be good with that fitment.