Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3P-D 0-60 prediction?

Model 3 Performance AWD 0-60 Prediction (Tesla advertised) ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The advertised 0 to 60 for the BMW is 3.2. The 2.8 is only possible under ideal conditions with the engine at proper operating temperature. Even then it is not easy to replicate, they start spinning the rear wheels and then engine the front and launch. Normal launch modes aren't practical on the street much less a BMW launch.
While true Car and Driver got 2.8 seconds and the 2019 version has even more horsepower and advertised at 3.1.

Again it's about bragging rights, BMW advertised 3.2 and gets 2.8 under ideal conditions vs Performance Model 3 advertised as 3.5 and gets 3.x under ideal conditions with proper tires, battery temperature, and SoC. I'm afraid the quicker car might be the BMW under certain conditions. Ideally, I'd like this not to be the case under any conditions haha.

While true Car and Driver got 2.8 seconds and the 2019 version has even more horsepower and advertised at 3.1.

Again it's about bragging rights, BMW advertised 3.2 and gets 2.8 under ideal conditions vs Performance Model 3 advertised as 3.5 and gets 3.x under ideal conditions with proper tires, battery temperature, and SoC. I'm afraid the quicker car might be the BMW under certain conditions. Ideally, I'd like this not to be the case under any conditions haha.
I understand the bragging rights part.

I was more responding to your statement about being passed by a BMW. The 3.1/3.2 times are only capable with launch mode which like I said most traffic light races are done by simply mashing the accelerator. In which case a turbo charged car will be at a big disadvantage compared to an EV. We don't know for sure if the 3.5 quoted time is a launch mode time but most likely not.

So in a real world race the 3-PD wouldn't be any slower and the M5 would probably be ~4.2s. If other words the M5 would get walked.

My thoughts exactly. The problem is that this question alone prevents me from pulling the trigger when I'm able to configure.
When ludicrous first begam available there was a retrofit option for the P85D to make a P85D. It was not cheap, I paid $5000, but it definitely worked! I have configured my P3 and i fully expect there will be an upgrade path and/or a firmware update. 3 1/2 years of Tesla ownership have convinced me that OTA and hardware upgrades are part of the delightful package.

When ludicrous first begam available there was a retrofit option for the P85D to make a P85D. It was not cheap, I paid $5000, but it definitely worked! I have configured my P3 and i fully expect there will be an upgrade path and/or a firmware update. 3 1/2 years of Tesla ownership have convinced me that OTA and hardware upgrades are part of the delightful package.
The problem is that I and others like me in the market for Model 3, we're not Model S buyers and can't necessarily afford to upgrade later or trade it in for the latest and greatest. What we buy is what we get unless it's a free OTA software upgrade.

Either the hardware is there for a future software upgrade or it's not. For me, in a perfect world, the performance Model 3 will see P85DL like performance.

The problem is that I and others like me in the market for Model 3, we're not Model S buyers and can't necessarily afford to upgrade later or trade it in for the latest and greatest. What we buy is what we get unless it's a free OTA software upgrade.

Either the hardware is there for a future software upgrade or it's not. For me, in a perfect world, the performance Model 3 will see P85DL like performance.
Yes, That is always an issue. We should not always have solutions that apply only to people with low price sensitivity.

OTOH, the P3 official specifications are in the P85D territory, although 3.2 second 0-60 times are not P3 stuff. For my view, after driving the LR a fair amount, the Model 3 is more responsive and better balanced than was the P85D with which I compare it. Strictly by the numbers the P3 will not be quite there but everything else will be, I think. I admit I am optimistic based on limited exposure, but enough to make me happy to leave the S for the P3. The Model 3 LR is very satisfying, so if I were budget-constrained I would not feel deprived.

Time to resurrect old threads tonight. Official winners for this poll are the 3.3-3.5 sec folks. Collect your prizes on the way out. You could argue that 3.5 lies in 2 categories: 3.3-3.5 and 3.5-3.7 sec. Well VBOX data shows lower number (due to rollout calc), so tie goes to the lower number. Honorable mention goes to 3.5-3.7 group. To everyone else.... good try :)

BTW: We've seen VBOX as low as 3.13, so I was dang close in my prediction... Makes me happy -- not that I was right, but that this car is a beast!

• Funny
Reactions: forkee