Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Celebrities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why does it matter if celebrities buy or drive this car? I'm curious why this matters or why anyone would even care?
Are you sure it won’t matter for anyone?

If someone’s favorite celebrity driving a Tesla is the final straw that gets them off the fence and into their own Model S or Roadster (or reserving an X) – then why not?

And besides, isn’t there quite a lot on TMC that could be categorized as random trivia/pure entertainment?

- - - Updated - - -

A relevant case study: Look at what Twilight and ‘Twimoms’ did for Volvo sales…

People aren’t always as rational as one could perhaps assume…

Volvos are very safe cars though. Arguably the second safest cars there are. :rolleyes:

It's just to bad they're not electric, and that Volvo Cars in reality is owned by the very, very undemocratic Chinese dictatorial ‘government’ (more about that here: Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid)...

Last edited:
I suppose my question was mostly rhetorical, as I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the fascination with celebrities to begin with. I like my TV shows and movies, I just don't see how that would translate into my actually spending any time thinking or caring about how those performers lived their lives or what kinds of cars they drive, etc. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned with, especially when these are not even people we know or interact with on a regular basis. But I admit that I am coming from a totally different perspective than most people and that I probably won't find many who agree with my perspective.

I suppose my question was mostly rhetorical, as I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the fascination with celebrities to begin with. I like my TV shows and movies, I just don't see how that would translate into my actually spending any time thinking or caring about how those performers lived their lives or what kinds of cars they drive, etc. It seems like an odd thing to be concerned with, especially when these are not even people we know or interact with on a regular basis. But I admit that I am coming from a totally different perspective than most people and that I probably won't find many who agree with my perspective.
Yet you clicked on this thread...

I basically agree with what you’re saying.

Personally tough, I see this phenomenon as an extension of the entertainment industry. I don’t think the public is necessarily concerned or care unless it regards [insert ‘celebrity’ of choice here]’s well being (obviously).

Many are just plain curious. And often various celebrities find themselves in a variety of situations that can be interesting from sociological or cultural perspective. I could think of more reasons, but then this might turn into an essay…

To their credit though, many household names do hold good positions on Global Warming*. Consequently they therefore buy electric cars. And given how misinformed large parts of the American public are when it comes to Global Warming, anything that can move this very serious problem in the right direction is a good thing IMO.

And like I said above – whatever can help sell Teslas…

Last edited:
To their credit though, many household names do hold good positions on Global Warming*. Consequently they therefore buy electric cars. And given how misinformed large parts of the American public are when it comes to Global Warming, anything that can move this very serious problem in the right direction is a good thing IMO.

Just from a background perspective, you should know that the proper term is "global climate change" since the "warming" has gone into a holding pattern since about a decade ago. :)

Keep in mind: in jest.

Just from a background perspective, you should know that the proper term is "global climate change" since the "warming" has gone into a holding pattern since about a decade ago. :)

Keep in mind: in jest.
Sorry for the delay, but I just lost my Internet connection for some 20 minutes... (I really h@te when that happens!)

May I suggest we continue over here?

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion - Page 46

I just posted a follow-up of sorts in that thread…

While I am like you and don't really care about celebrities, it is fun to know who owns a Tesla. That way when you talk to other people, you can always say "Did you know that _____ owns a Tesla?".

Volvos are very safe cars though. Arguably the second safest cars there are. :rolleyes:

Years ago, the safest cars in Sweden, according to the Swedish insurance agencies, was SAAB. Volvo was second. Unfortunately for SAAB, safety isn't the only issue. Fortunately for us, Tesla is also the quickest, the sexiest, the most beautiful, the quietest, electric, and also happens to be the most safe car sold in America.

I feel as happy for the existence of Tesla as one could be. But since SAAB pre-Tesla Model S, just like you point out, arguably was one of the two car companies who were market leading in automotive security since their get go, I do feel sad that they aren’t around anymore. Oh SAAB. :crying:

.. I'm one of those people who doesn't understand the fascination with celebrities to begin with....

And there is an entire fan-based industry that serves to people who do. US magazine, People, Star___ (fill in the blank). Not to mention Entertainment Tonight, TMZ, thousands of websites, blogs, Facebook, and twitter followings.

All sorts of products and services pay billions to have actors and sports celebrities endorse their offerings. I'm not saying you are the minority, but everyone who is fascinated and machine that serves them are doing fine.

Who? LOL!

You've never seen The Matrix?
Laurence+Fishburne+Matrix.jpg

The One with the pills seeking The One!

thats The One
5fg96a.png