Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S: Clever Vanity Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I really wanted to get "R17", but all the "Rxx" plates are reserved for State Representatives in Colorado.

From Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
  • The aircar rocketed them at speeds in excess of R17 through the steel tunnels that lead out onto the appalling surface of the planet....
    R is a velocity measure, defined as a reasonable speed of travel that is consistent with health, mental well being and not being more than say five minutes late. It is therefore clearly an almost infinitely variable figure according to circumstances, since the first two factors vary not only with speed taken as an absolute, but also with awareness of the third factor. Unless handled with tranquility this equation can result in considerable stress, ulcers and even death.
    R17 is not a fixed velocity, but it is clearly far too fast.

Being a "Godfather" fan and because I wanted something related to Tesla, I was pleasantly surprised California DMV had "TESSIO" available. Waiting for it to arrive though.

Finally arrived last week

IMG_0883.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
IMG_1636.JPG

My personalized plate, REDSHFT, is a play on the astronomical term, "redshift", for the phenomenon in which light is shifted toward the red end of the spectrum when its source is moving away from you at a high rate of speed (the visual equivalent of the audio "Doppler shift"), suggesting that that is the reason my Tesla appears red from behind.