Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to Chicago for test drive 5/18. Fully expect to order P85, Black, Tech, air dual charger at that time. Can anyone give me a recent history to expect re delivery etc. Been lurking for months and going to take the plunge. From what I see March reservations are getting early June deliveries, but I understand reservations are basically eliminated now.

Colleague of mine who became obsessed with the MS after I drove him around in mine 6 weeks ago just placed his reservation for an 85 yesterday. (He lives in Nor Cal.) He was told he should expect delivery sometime in mid-July. He's going to configure today. They at first thought they might have an orphan with his specs, but didn't so he's ordering from scratch.

VIN 10724, delivery 5/24-6/7 to Scottsdale AZ. "40kWh", standard suspension, pano, stereo, white, black leather, lacewood. Currently driving a Hyundai rental car since my car sold too soon. I have named the rental "Dogbert". It's the most spiritless machine I've ever driven. It smells like coffee, businesspeople and fear.

- - - Updated - - -
Lol, don't hate on Dogbert. I also own a Hyundai and she's got lots of spirit!

I would love to see a few pictures of the 20% tint and visor strip. I plan to do the same with nanocool tint to get the cabin dark and cool.
I will try to get a better shot of the visor strip and tint. I'm not a big fan of the visor but it serves a purpose. I do love the 20% with my dark blue, though!

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea how I inserted my comment into your quote. Haha!

Going to Chicago for test drive 5/18. Fully expect to order P85, Black, Tech, air dual charger at that time. Can anyone give me a recent history to expect re delivery etc. Been lurking for months and going to take the plunge. From what I see March reservations are getting early June deliveries, but I understand reservations are basically eliminated now.

You can see my timeline in my signature...About 7 weeks from order to scheduled delivery, including a cross country truck ride...

You do pay sales tax when you register at the DMV but assume they use the dates on the paperwork as far as the rate. We are in the same situation and have sent an e-mail. We have not received our VIN yet but had the Delivery Button on the 8th.

I was under the impression you paid sales tax when you registered at the DMV in AZ. I was going to wait until after the sales tax rate change. What did you hear ZBB?

Cross your fingers... :wink: Just another note that you will also just pay for the State sales tax at the DMV and the city you live in will bill you for their portion later. *At least this is what they did a couple years ago. WIll post what happens when we pay for ours.

I guess I'm betting they're not that sophisticated and the charge the prevailing rate at the time you show up. Imagine trying to get that sort of information out of their office though.

Same here...I received VIN # 11399

Our VIN appeared this morning... 11380 :cool:

Haven't been contacted by DS or received MPVA yet but based on other posts that should be sometime this week.

[FONT=&quot]85kWh, Green Metallic Paint, Tech Package, Tan Leather, Lacewood, Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Air Suspension, Studio Sound – Finalized 4/19/13 – Delivery Button 5/8/13 – VIN #11399 on 5/14/12 -- Delivery Window June 5-19 (East Coast)[/FONT]

My car is scheduled to complete Friday, but is still in paint. I wonder if it will be a little bit late. DS said they only send a truck to AZ a few times a week. My window starts 5/24 but he said it could be before then. I said my calendar will be free the entire week if necessary. P10724.

Last edited:

Haven't been contacted by DS or received MPVA yet but based on other posts that should be sometime this week.
Sweet! Congrats!

- - - Updated - - -

Same here...I received VIN # 11399

Woohoo! Getting close!

- - - Updated - - -

Literally right behind us... :biggrin: You will get yours earlier since ours has to be shipped to AZ. We are so excited!!!!
Omg, looks like a batch is rolling off the line!

- - - Updated - - -

Ordered 4/13, Finalized 4/26, got VIN 11392 today. No delivery button or other contact yet though.
Ok, let me just congratulate one more and do one big one for the rest! Today marks one week with mine and I'm still giddy!

I was under the impression you paid sales tax when you registered at the DMV in AZ. I was going to wait until after the sales tax rate change. What did you hear ZBB?

You do pay sales tax when you register at the DMV but assume they use the dates on the paperwork as far as the rate. We are in the same situation and have sent an e-mail. We have not received our VIN yet but had the Delivery Button on the 8th.

I guess I'm betting they're not that sophisticated and the charge the prevailing rate at the time you show up. Imagine trying to get that sort of information out of their office though.

Cross your fingers... :wink: Just another note that you will also just pay for the State sales tax at the DMV and the city you live in will bill you for their portion later. *At least this is what they did a couple years ago. WIll post what happens when we pay for ours.

My take on it is that I don't want to take any chances on the AZ MVD using the paperwork date -- especially since taking delivery a couple days later will ensure I get the lower state rate (I'm in Scottsdale, so that rate won't be changing when/if I get a city use tax bill).

I received the DS contact info on Sat May 11 a day after the VIN appeared, but have not been contacted by her yet (planning on dropping an email tonight)... The VIN email said production would be complete on May 24 -- so with Memorial Day weekend, I'm guessing the earliest the car ships out is Tues May 28, arriving in Phoenix on May 29. So I don't expect it to be a major issue to schedule delivery on or after June 1...

My VIN is ~250 below yours, irish -- and I'm in far north Scottsdale, so near you in Cave Creek...

Be aware that sometimes the dates Tesla gives you are conservative. So it's possible that your car will be ready before 5/24. I got mine delivered here in Tempe 2 days before my window was supposed to begin. I got it a day earlier than I was told it would roll off the line.

Not saying it'll happen to you. Just saying be prepared for that possibility. (Rare situation where someone wants to wait for their MS!)

Finally.......

Red S.jpg