Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just found out that my delivery window is June 11 - July 2 :smile:. Only problem is that I still don't have a delivery button, and have no idea when I am going to sign the MVPA, what my VIN is, etc. Do I need to be worried about this? When should I expect to see the delivery button, sign the MVPA, and when would I get the VIN? Any pointers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Your delivery button will likely come middle of next week, and you MVPA and VIN will likely come one week before delivery, though your DS will call you in between the two. Note, there is some inconsistency from one order to the next, due to factory batching, and DS work load, etc.
Hang on, this is part of the journey.

Your delivery button will likely come middle of next week, and you MVPA and VIN will likely come one week before delivery, though your DS will call you in between the two. Note, there is some inconsistency from one order to the next, due to factory batching, and DS work load, etc.
Hang on, this is part of the journey.

Thanks for the information - this is good to know.

Just got a call from my DS. Car complete and on a truck heading east as I write this. Delivery tentatively scheduled for 5/29. Deposit: March 28; Order placed: April 3; Finalized April 16; End of line 5/13-5/20;

Blue/Tan; 85P+; obeche gloss; pano; tech; stereo upgrade

- - - Updated - - -

You called it!:wink: DS called today, delivery May 29th!! Also,you wrote: 'My boyfriend is hesitant to drive it'??? I need to see his 'man card'!
I am pretty good at estimating these dates...and he's only been hesitant to drive it because it isn't his. He certainly has no issues with his Harley or his truck. Man Card is still valid!

Ok. Man Card intact. Hope you are enjoying your new S...How many miles have you put on it?
I'm around 1,100 miles on it so far. Not too bad. Crazy thing happened Friday at work. A guy in another dept IMs me saying "Bob" is there and says he has one too...Bob who? Turned out it was a mentor of mine from about 6 years ago. I met him outside to show him mine and he has #175. Got his in October!

Your delivery button will likely come middle of next week, and you MVPA and VIN will likely come one week before delivery, though your DS will call you in between the two. Note, there is some inconsistency from one order to the next, due to factory batching, and DS work load, etc. Hang on, this is part of the journey.
So I got the delivery button today May 26 :biggrin:. The delivery window is May 25 - June 4 :love:. As you can see from my signature, things have moved pretty fast so far. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm around 1,100 miles on it so far. Not too bad. Crazy thing happened Friday at work. A guy in another dept IMs me saying "Bob" is there and says he has one too...Bob who? Turned out it was a mentor of mine from about 6 years ago. I met him outside to show him mine and he has #175. Got his in October!

Small world! Counting down the days on my end....Due in Wednesday...getting more excited......

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will need a '12 step program' by the time the car is delivered! Most recent evidence: I live 10 minutes from the Newark, Delaware supercharging station and I drove by today...gazed at the blue 'S' with NJ plates that was charging at the time :cool:

Small world! Counting down the days on my end....Due in Wednesday...getting more excited......

- - - Updated - - -

I think I will need a '12 step program' by the time the car is delivered! Most recent evidence: I live 10 minutes from the Newark, Delaware supercharging station and I drove by today...gazed at the blue 'S' with NJ plates that was charging at the time :cool:
How lucky that you have supercharging nearby...and you only have a couple of days left to wait, right? I think those last few days were the worst! But it's fun to know what you are feeling right about now, and how your first moments with it will be!

I was out and about yesterday and it was a gorgeous sunny day here in central FL...and the blue was certainly showing its true colors in the sunshine...I fell in love all over again!

Congrats!!! only a few more weeks. Feel lucky as I think you have been one of the quickest I have seen.

I just got my VIN :biggrin:. #12205. Excitement is building!

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats... Strange you just got your VIN but have an earlier delivery date than us. Oh well not much longer for either of us!!!
Yay! Just got mine. 12067! Getting real. :)

Congrats!!! only a few more weeks. Feel lucky as I think you have been one of the quickest I have seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats... Strange you just got your VIN but have an earlier delivery date than us. Oh well not much longer for either of us!!!

All three of us (Spaghetti, Irishstoutaz) with Black 85s too. We probably helped each other out in the batch process. ;)

All three of us (Spaghetti, Irishstoutaz) with Black 85s too. We probably helped each other out in the batch process. ;)

Interesting observation re all three of us with Black 85's. BTW, the color was the one thing over which I went all over the map. Started with blue, then gray, then white, then white with black roof. And then my wife talked me into going with black. I have had a black BMW before - was tough to keep clean, but looked stunning when properly maintained. The MS looks drop-dead gorgeous in black, but I keep telling myself I will not go crazy over keeping it clean all the time.

Yeah for me it was brown, white or black. Same concerns for the black, but I'm banking on the fact that washing this car (and having it professionally detailed from time-to-time, and C.Quartz treated), will be enjoyable. Our local store had two white show models and one test drive brown model that were just stunning. My first drive at the Get Amped tour was a black, near same config as mine. In the end, I think they're all good, hard to go wrong.

10 days!

Last edited:
My HPWC arrived today. It appears to have the cable hanger with it also. Don't know if it still the model that's been plagued by the fuse problem...does anybody know if that's been rectified with newer chargers and if so how to tell?

Quick correction, I did NOT get the HPWC with the hanger. I installed it yesterday, and what I had originally mistaken for the hanger in the box was the HPWC mounting bracket (which incidentally is designed to coil the cable around it). There was also a note in the box saying I'd get the hanger seperately after February, lol.

Apologies for the bad info...