Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lucky you, Just 6 days from payment to delivery... and you get a video. they verified my payment on Dec 18th and my car won't be leaving Oakland until at least Jan 3. then another week to get to me. No video to watch while I am waiting. (and your VIN is over 1000 higher than mine.)

I'm in a similar boat (though not nearly as bad). My car was done on Dec 22 but I won't be getting it until 1/3 or 1/4... and I'm a mere 9 hour drive from the factory!!!

Oh well, it's only a few more days and it'll make getting the car all that much sweeter.

Hfh, make sure that your car hasn't already been finished. A quick call to Tesla let me know that my VIN 3094 was already built and sent to a Tesla delivery Hub. They were just waiting for my final payment to have it ship from the HUB. Once that payment came in yesterday afternoon and paid for the car this morning- they noted that they can now delivery it. He told me to expect the car later this week or early next week. Therefore, technically, its on a truck I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Taxpayer: it was on the truck. -7500, please.
IRS: prove it!
Taxpayer: Tesla!
Tesla: hang on, ... , here's the proof
Taxpayer: see!
IRS: oh, alright then.

The IRS doesn't have to determine anything.

LOL, forget my earlier suggestion, this way works just as well!

My DS actually sent me a scan off the bill of lading, showing I was loaded on the truck Dec 19th. My bank wire was completed on Dec 22. The Title paperwork Tesla sent indicates the vehicle was first placed in service on Dec 26th. I hope to transfer title on Dec 31...and who knows when the car will actually arrive!

Hfh, make sure that your car hasn't already been finished. A quick call to Tesla let me know that my VIN 3094 was already built and sent to a Tesla delivery Hub. They were just waiting for my final payment to have it ship from the HUB. Once that payment came in yesterday afternoon and paid for the car this morning- they noted that they can now delivery it. He told me to expect the car later this week or early next week. Therefore, technically, its on a truck I guess.

Unfortunately, my DS emailed me: "Sorry but we can’t count it as sold until we hand it off to the transport company, and the car won’t be finished in 2012."

Oh, well. Maybe I'll get lucky and the EV deduction will go up to $10k.

Just got an email (well, 2 days ago but didn't see it), that my Model S was nearly done in production and will be ready for delivery as soon as tomorrow. Currently out of town but am considering flying to Fremont to pick it up this upcoming week and to drive it home, rather than wait for shipping. I am #9935 and wasn't expecting delivery until February or March. What a pleasant surprise! :smile:

Just got an email (well, 2 days ago but didn't see it), that my Model S was nearly done in production and will be ready for delivery as soon as tomorrow. Currently out of town but am considering flying to Fremont to pick it up this upcoming week and to drive it home, rather than wait for shipping. I am #9935 and wasn't expecting delivery until February or March. What a pleasant surprise! :smile:

Did you ever get the email asking if you wanted your car by December?

Did you ever get the email asking if you wanted your car by December?

I received my Pre-Delivery Vehicle Purchase Agreement on Dec 4th, and signed it back on the 7th. I received an email on Dec 28th saying my vehicle was nearly done, and could be shipped out the 31st if I signed all the paperwork, had it sent back via Fedex overnight, and wrote a check or wired the remaining cost of the vehicle. This would give me a delivery to my CA address on or around Jan 1st. So I don't think I got that email, unless this is what you are referring to.

Taxpayer: it was on the truck. -7500, please.
IRS: prove it!
Taxpayer: Tesla!
Tesla: hang on, ... , here's the proof
Taxpayer: see!
IRS: oh, alright then.

The IRS doesn't have to determine anything.
The tax credit is based on when car is "placed into service" so that's when you receive it, not when Tesla ships it. That being said the final MVPA would have the shipping date on it and that's what my accountant wanted to see as proof for the credit but YMMV.

Because of @David-EL's post, I checked and also had the Delivery button!

Delivery date range of January 28-February 11

60 kWH supercharging, grey/grey/piano black/body color roof, air, sound, tech.

Thanks for noticing @David-El. Checking the forums for what seems like every five minutes for the past five months paid off!