Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#10,280... Delivery window Dec 15-31.

does this sound a bit off to anyone else?!? just got delivery email about it. I finalized it about two weeks ago!
Yes, it does sound more than a bit off to have your sequence number delivered this year (and if I had a low sequence number with a 40 or 60kWh battery, I'd be really frustrated). It also sounds like TM wants to enhance their stock price by selling the most expensive model before year end AND it appears that there are a lot of rez holders who want 40 or 60kWh cars, red cars, non-active air cars AND there have been more than a few people cancel or delay delivery of their cars for tax/financial reasons.

I wonder if kinddog is the beneficiary of someone who canceled after finalizing (lost their deposit) and there just happens to be no earlier numbers with the same exact config?

Perhaps but there is also this:
Ok, we're 9455 and finalized SIX DAYS AGO and just received a It's Time to Schedule Delivery E-Mail. Very exciting, but this seems crazy fast. Conveniently the Tesla website is currently down. Argh!
Model S Delivery Update - Page 317

#7889 (Well, that's a long story). Delivery window Dec 15-31. Home delivery to Atlanta!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, it does sound more than a bit off to have your sequence number delivered this year (and if I had a low sequence number with a 40 or 60kWh battery, I'd be really frustrated).

I guess I'd be frustrated, too; however, given the state of the 60s and 40s what's the alternative? Of course, that's all self-serving because I'm getting mine after all (yay!).

Still no VIN and no change to date range of dec 17-31 but after the tesla website update last night, I now have a link to Download Manuals and warranty under my P#. Anyone else see this also? Or maybe a good sign?

I've got the same thing. You could download all that stuff from their "manuals" page before, however, so I don't think it changes much.

I was told yesterday to check daily for my VIN. Should be coming soon.

I guess I'd be frustrated, too; however, given the state of the 60s and 40s what's the alternative?

Well, I'm in that boat but, given the rate at which Tesla's pumping out 85s this month, I'm optimistic that they'll crank out a ton of 60s early in January to catch up. It does appear that there are a lot more 60s (and some 40s) along with standard suspension/production red variants than there are 85s given how deep Tesla's going with this December production madness.

I will be frustrated if they go too deep into January while continuing to give priority to 85s at that time.

Well, I'm in that boat but, given the rate at which Tesla's pumping out 85s this month, I'm optimistic that they'll crank out a ton of 60s early in January to catch up. It does appear that there are a lot more 60s (and some 40s) along with standard suspension/production red variants than there are 85s given how deep Tesla's going with this December production madness.

I will be frustrated if they go too deep into January while continuing to give priority to 85s at that time.

While I agree with you, I think it may look like they're prioritizing 85s in January because, 1) they were making all 85sat the end of December and 2) because they will want to ramp production of 60s some (not just make them as fast as they can) to ensure that they're up to snuff quality wise.

Folks with low sequence numbers who ordered the 60 should definitely get priority once they're able to produce 60s.

i agree with the idea that they're prioritizing Performance and 85kWk models in order to maximize profits this year. smart move, but if i were a 60kWh with a low P #, i'd be p****d that I (10,280) am set to receive mine in a couple weeks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as a point of reference, I ordered the 85kwh performance and signed my paperwork on 12/6. I was notified last night and confirmed today that I would receive the car by the end of this month. I'm P5371 (although I was formally a Sig and deferred, if that makes any difference). I actually wanted to make a slight change to my configuration (gray wheels instead of silver) and they would not let me. They said I'm locked in and that they queue up the cars based on the parts they have already ordered/in stock. I think they are flying through the 85s right now. I'm sure that's frustrating for the lower P #s with smaller batteries. It's all about efficiency at this point. Elon tweeted yesterday or the day before that TM is now operating in the black, so they must be doing it right. The stock is responding!

Just as a point of reference, I ordered the 85kwh performance and signed my paperwork on 12/6. I was notified last night and confirmed today that I would receive the car by the end of this month. I'm P5371 (although I was formally a Sig and deferred, if that makes any difference). I actually wanted to make a slight change to my configuration (gray wheels instead of silver) and they would not let me. They said I'm locked in and that they queue up the cars based on the parts they have already ordered/in stock. I think they are flying through the 85s right now. I'm sure that's frustrating for the lower P #s with smaller batteries. It's all about efficiency at this point. Elon tweeted yesterday or the day before that TM is now operating in the black, so they must be doing it right. The stock is responding!

I know it seems frustrating that a simple change to say grey 21s and silver 21s would not be allowed. It comes down to if you take a set of grey 21's then it delays the person who ordered grey 21s in the first place, they would have to order you a set of 21s in the next shipment and that would delay the assembly of your vehicle.

Update on P1577:

Andy, of the inside delivery team at Tesla, tells me that my car is past the burn-in stage and is in final inspection prior to loading onto a truck. He expects it will go on the truck by the end of the week. Looks like I'll be getting the car right around Xmas.

So just doing a little math.... With 3 weeks left we have a 9k range reservation holders in the group expecting delivery this year. Take out the 40/60/Red/Std Suspension buyers, those who have deferred until 2013, those who haven't finalized yet and a generous number of cancellations and that's still a LOT of cars to get delivered in 3 weeks.

So the question is, how many cars will get delivered this year? If they're working 2 shifts with 400/cars per shift that would make December production about 3200 cars. But obviously they're not going to roll a car off the line on 12/31 and deliver the same day. And how many November built cars are awaiting delivery?

P9455 - Ordered 6/11, Finalized 12/4, Delivery E-Mail Notice 12/10, Delivery Window 12/15-31 Seattle

R113 scheduled for factory pick up Thursday. P85 Grey, Carbon, Black Int, Grey wheels, Sound package, Pano

Had a factory tour on Sunday which is a must if you can make it. Lots of finished cars, white bodies and parts to be seen. Bring the kids if you can. They loved it. I got to see another car delivered in my exact config. Exceeded my expectations. SW update was applied so door handles auto extended. Way cool. All worth the 3.5 yr wait.

Went on Website and selected the call me button as I have not heard anything in a week or so, since I received my dec 17-31 delivery range for factory delivery.. Approx 1 hour later received a call from Mike in costa Mesa service center. Not sure if it was related, and even though I live near the costa Mesa service center, I already advised I was taking factory delivery. He said our car was on the production line and should be ready in 2 weeks. Unfortunately 2 weeks is Xmas. Wife can't take any day off that week, so initially set up the 27th, but later changed after wife said she can't go unless weekend. So called him back and set up 29th.
As expected he said it was all depending on the car being done. I requested at least 5 days notice so I can book some airline tix up there mike said he will pass it along to delivery team at the factory.
Seemed like a strange call. He had some info, but not enough to really help out. They must be passing the initial call off on others as the factory delivery team is too busy.?
Honestly I'm excited about the date for the 29th, but not too confident until someone from the factory team calls me.

- - - Updated - - -

Went on Website and selected the call me button as I have not heard anything in a week or so, since I received my dec 17-31 delivery range for factory delivery.. Approx 1 hour later received a call from Mike in costa Mesa service center. Not sure if it was related, and even though I live near the costa Mesa service center, I already advised I was taking factory delivery. He said our car was on the production line and should be ready in 2 weeks. Unfortunately 2 weeks is Xmas. Wife can't take any day off that week, so initially set up the 27th, but later changed after wife said she can't go unless weekend. So called him back and set up 29th.
As expected he said it was all depending on the car being done. I requested at least 5 days notice so I can book some airline tix up there mike said he will pass it along to delivery team at the factory.
Seemed like a strange call. He had some info, but not enough to really help out. They must be passing the initial call off on others as the factory delivery team is too busy.?
Honestly I'm excited about the date for the 29th, but not too confident until someone from the factory team calls me.

Also should have added, I asked Mike about a VIN # and he said I had one and would email me. No email yet. I asked if it would show up on my tesla dashboard and he wasn't sure.

Not too excited about Teslas communication process yet.