Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As reservation number 7006, I was originally slated for February/March. I responded to the surprise e-mail in early December and got a 12/15-12/31 window. I got a call in late December that said 'early January'. Wednesday, 1/2 I was told the car was in Arizona and coming soon. On Sunday, 1/6 I was told it was slated to be delivered Monday, 1/7 at 9 AM. On Tuesday 1/8 I was told the car was still in Arizona and now coming 1/10. You can read it all here with a healthy dose of sarcasm...

teslamodels | Tesla Model S An Ownership Experience

I think our cars are on the same truck because I was told the exact same thing. Fortunately I got a call from the truck driver saying he'd deliver the car early afternoon on 1/9 (instead of 1/10). I assume that means you got a call saying he'll deliver your car in the morning since it's a couple hour drive from San Antonio to Houston.

P03125

I think our cars are on the same truck because I was told the exact same thing. Fortunately I got a call from the truck driver saying he'd deliver the car early afternoon on 1/9 (instead of 1/10). I assume that means you got a call saying he'll deliver your car in the morning since it's a couple hour drive from San Antonio to Houston.

P03125
Congrats on Delivery ! I recently saw my first Model S in the wild just north of San Antonio and can not wait to see more :)

Update today from my DS:

"It looks like your car is just before the final inspections, just getting a few minor adjustments like have the front fender secured and that all the doors close without any gaps. They’re doing this before they put the car through the final testing and inspections which usually take a few days."

Hoping she gets loaded up and on her way to NY this weekend!

Aaron

Update today from my DS:

"It looks like your car is just before the final inspections, just getting a few minor adjustments like have the front fender secured and that all the doors close without any gaps. They’re doing this before they put the car through the final testing and inspections which usually take a few days."

Aaron

That's cool to hear.. I would guess my car (#3305) is about 2-3 days ahead of yours, so maybe I'll hear delivery news soon (I can always hope :)

Received a call from my driver a few hours ago, he had two flats from hitting a curb in Philly, then one more car to deliver nearby before bringing mine to Pittsburgh. A late night delivery? Or possibly first thing in the morning? Starting to get excited again...

Received a call from my driver a few hours ago, he had two flats from hitting a curb in Philly, then one more car to deliver nearby before bringing mine to Pittsburgh. A late night delivery? Or possibly first thing in the morning? Starting to get excited again...

Don't let yourself get excited again. It's all a clever ploy to mess with us! Mine's supposed to be here 3 hours ago. Took off from work _AGAIN_ for no reason. I will believe it when I see it.

P.S. Don't forget " the sky is falling"...

Congrats to all those who recently got their cars!

My car is still in transit. It arrived to Arizona yesterday (the 8th) at 8am and apparently it's just going to be sitting there until the 11th to be loaded on another truck to get delivered to the mid-west. Because Tesla originally shipped it to the wrong address they told me it would be placed on its own truck to get it to me before I went out of town. I called UPS Autogistics myself and was told that they never heard anything about that from Tesla and that it was still scheduled for a delivery of the 14th (I leave the 12th).

The car would have been here days ago if Tesla had actually shipped it to the proper address. They still wont take responsibility for this. Never had a worse car delivery experience before. One time I bought a Mercedes and the dealer drove my other car home for me (300 miles away), and had another person follow that car so they could both drive back to the dealership. That was no questions asked.

I'm the person who when I get a wrong order at a restaurant I just eat my meal anyways (I hate complaining), but I don't think it's unreasonable to hope for a bit better service.

Logan - Hang in there. You are at the high end of poor delivery experiences. Mine was not amazing - delayed, then difficult communications, then delivered when I was out of town. I was disappointed because I have been a real cheerleader, and so some friends who are in the know about the car are more skeptical because of the delivery service. Share your opinion with Tesla so they can try to correct, that's part of what we can offer. Good luck.

Just took delivery across the border in Pittsburgh...so happy she finally arrived, Sequoia Green is absolutely gorgeous in the sunlight. Will post pics after I get her cleaned up in the Delivery Update thread...she's a little dusty from her layover in NJ. Standard due bill items of Parcel Shelf and Rear Seats, plus I didn't get a footwell cover, frunk net, floor mats of any kind, rear license plate frame or NEMA 6-50 adapter.

The pain of the final few weeks of delivery is already fading into memory, displaced with the joy of Tesla ownership...been sporting the grin and I haven't even taken her out of the neighborhood yet!

Logan - Hang in there. You are at the high end of poor delivery experiences. Mine was not amazing - delayed, then difficult communications, then delivered when I was out of town. I was disappointed because I have been a real cheerleader, and so some friends who are in the know about the car are more skeptical because of the delivery service. Share your opinion with Tesla so they can try to correct, that's part of what we can offer. Good luck.

Thank you!

Just an update. EdA so kindly PM'd me the email of a gentleman at Tesla that I should try contacting and so I emailed him explaining the situation. I wasn't demanding anything, just kindly asking him to see if anything could be done, and if not, then no worries. He said he would do everything he could. Today I got a call from someone else at Tesla and he told me he has a truck heading east from LA and a driver that will meet the truck in Phoenix and that I should be receiving my car tomorrow night around 8-9PM, but he will call me tomorrow morning with a final ETA time. I wasn't really expecting anything to do done at this point and I figured it was a shot in the dark, but Tesla seems to be coming through so far! :)

Just completed the delivery questionnaire online (red button FINALLY! showed up).

Delivery window - Jan 16-30th CHECK!
Home Delivery CHECK!
Black P85, Black/CF, all options except rear child seats. CHECK!
HPWC and 14-50 plugs installation on Jan 21 scheduled (planning for Model X as well) CHECK!
Garage remodeling OH OH!! (almost done...)
M5 sold OH OH!!! (better get going on this one!)

I just sold my M5 last week, i'm in the process of cooridnating between PG&E and Solar City to get the second panel and meter setup so I can have a new baseline for the MS (delivery not expected until Feb/March)

Just completed the delivery questionnaire online (red button FINALLY! showed up).

Delivery window - Jan 16-30th CHECK!
Home Delivery CHECK!
Black P85, Black/CF, all options except rear child seats. CHECK!
HPWC and 14-50 plugs installation on Jan 21 scheduled (planning for Model X as well) CHECK!
Garage remodeling OH OH!! (almost done...)
M5 sold OH OH!!! (better get going on this one!)

Hank, Saw your car in Watertown Wednesday.
Was yours the green? I believe Mitch's was the grey?
Pics please!
Huge congrats.
Assuming you have already checked in with the New Englanders section? if not, please do!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Update today from my DS:

Aaron

Yahoo! That is great. Keep us updated and PM or text actual arrival date so we can hound you for pics.

- - - Updated - - -

Our VIN 1380 is going to be delivered tomorrow morning. Or, so they say. It's been a long frustrating road and maybe we'll be at the end tomorrow!

All the sweeter when she drives. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

I believe we've narrowed down the MY2012 to MY2013 turnover point as somewhere between VIN #3247 (2012) and #3278 (2013) in this thread: New ViNs lately? - Page 6

Really interesting - seems it actually could affect resale value a little in, say, 2 years, esp if the buyer is unseasoned in The Ways of Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

My vin is 1200 ahead of yours (they can transpose my VIN all they want VIN 2222) and I don't even have a clue where my vehicle is or when it will be delivered. I give up...

May 2013 Q2 bring us all fewer stories such as this.
The car IS a joy, when it arrives...