Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a call from the manager at my SC in San Diego. The HOLD has been LIFTED per a company wide email he received. He gave me no specific reason why the hold was there in the first place) I’ll be getting my Plaid in the am!
Fingers crossed it sticks! It would be nice if you and others can break through the log jam!

Thank you guys for posting on here, I still haven’t received a call saying the hold is lifted but I expect to tomorrow or Monday.
So glad it’s over (well, hopefully… I’ll considered it over once I drive my car off of the delivery center or once the guy left dropping it off at my place)!!!

Hope we all get ours cars in the next couple of days. Enjoy your car and dont forget to post some pics!! :)

Even though the refresh has (or at least had) radar, i'm not sure they were doing anything with it on this new variant.

The software uses the radar if it is present. They also wouldn’t include it in these cars if it wasn’t being used, that would not make any sense.

They removed it from the US 3 & Y because of a parts shortage, but they still have enough of them for the S & X. Whether they ever decide to stop using it entirely is anybody’s guess. I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a new radar added next year instead though.

2021.12.25.5 25013432ee33

I noticed last week that the manual was updated to this version (2021.12.25), but I don’t know what the differences (in the manual) are.

My car is still on 2021.12.4.7, but as of today it seems to have an update available. It’s not parked at home due to some construction happening here, so it’s not on WiFi, so I guess I can’t instal it until I next get over there.

I noticed last week that the manual was updated to this version (2021.12.25), but I don’t know what the differences (in the manual) are.

My car is still on 2021.12.4.7, but as of today it seems to have an update available. It’s not parked at home due to some construction happening here, so it’s not on WiFi, so I guess I can’t instal it until I next get over there.
If anyone has the old PDF, you could do a difference on the two to figure it out.

Edit: because I am insane, here you go https://draftable.com/compare/zwwPqJRQHdTo 2021.12.25 versus 2021.12.4.2

Last edited:
Reactions: charliepmayer
Looking at the manual changes I linked above, the "biggest" changes are:
  • Shortened the manual, so page numbers across the entire thing are updated
  • Rear screen display now shows the temperature. Not sure if it did before, the manual now states it does
  • There is an addition of two new FCC items, neither were in the previous manual:
    • Wireless charging WC3 - looks like the older wireless charger, approved in 2020 per the FCC
    • BT USB hub - 1642783 - this looks to just be the USB-C charger ports in the console.