Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a delivery of 7/15-7/21…on 7/13 I emailed SA in cleveland who confirmed it should be ready by tomorrow, 7/19.

Got a call on Monday, 7/16, to give me a heads up that it may not be ready.

Got a call today, 24 hours before pickup, that indeed they have car, but can not release to me tomorrow. Instead of rescheduling, they will contact me when ready. No answers or timeline.

ordered 2/10 - LR, white, cream, 21”, FSD
Wrong dates…I meant 7/18-24….7/16 I contacted and they set appt for tomorrow, 7/22. 7/19 I was warned and today, it was cancelled.

After some of the things I experienced with delivery, I cannot imagine how some of you feel with a hold that you do know the reason or when it will end. Sorry, you are all bigger than me.
After all the suspense we have all endured (most of you for a lot longer than me) that includes crazy and blank EDDs, absolutely no communication from Tesla, it was an exhilarating feeling to get a VIN. It feels even better to know that some of our cars have arrived at our local SC! This hold is definitely a dampener it I am hoping it won’t last long. I have lucked out as my delivery center is less than 10 miles from my house and Tesla will do home delivery. I feel for those of us that have to drive hours to their SC and even worse for those that have to fly to get to their SC. I can only imagine the logistical nightmare this hold poses!

After all the suspense we have all endured (most of you for a lot longer than me) that includes crazy and blank EDDs, absolutely no communication from Tesla, it was an exhilarating feeling to get a VIN. It feels even better to know that some of our cars have arrived at our local SC! This hold is definitely a dampener it I am hoping it won’t last long. I have lucked out as my delivery center is less than 10 miles from my house and Tesla will do home delivery. I feel for those of us that have to drive hours to their SC and even worse for those that have to fly to get to their SC. I can only imagine the logistical nightmare this hold poses!
I'm mad you have a VIN :)

I have seen a pattern in some of us with similar configurations and early enough upgrades to 21” that booked in April and May that received VINs at similar times. I feel bad that there are several of you (and others that ordered way before March!) that have not seen VINs yet. But don’t blame us 😜!

I have seen a pattern in some of us with similar configurations and early enough upgrades to 21” that booked in April and May that received VINs at similar times. I feel bad that there are several of you (and others that ordered way before March!) that have not seen VINs yet. But don’t blame us 😜!
Nah I'm happy for you. I'm sure I did it to myself when I switched to white interior. I love a clean car and white looks so clean inside.

OK - now I'm really pissed ! - I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I just received the following fateful call and text -

Hello from Tesla, as mentioned on our call today your vehicle is completing its final stages for quality control. We will need to remove delivery appointment for 7/25/21 from our calendar and we will reach out once the vehicle is ready to help reschedule. Kindest regards, Tesla Dublin Team

I see a Carrera S in my future !

MS LR. RN1147. OD 3/27 Blk / Blk / Arachnids / FSD

I'm being patient, because I know my white Plaid, with white seats will look even better with this girl in the passenger seat ;)

Attachments

• IMG_9994.jpg
    IMG_9994.jpg
    367.8 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_9995.jpg
    IMG_9995.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 33
I also just received a software update........waiting for it to install on my plaid. However, I have had no issues other than charge port which was fixed by rerunning the antenna. Update it is installed and I do not notice any difference UI wise...curious if it fixes the very slight vibration at 35-44 MPH.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Racer and Zaker89
Guilty of posting this in the delivery thread as well. Whoops.

Here goes:

I've had my refresh LR MS for a few weeks now. It's great, I love it. I've had a few issues here and there - keys not working (key card always did), can't set up phone key (no idea why), some under body panels hanging down (they push closed), and the center console door not staying in the open position - not big deal stuff. The car is beautiful and I'm loving it.

Until today.

Piled both my kids inside to take them to day camp. Doors opened fine (so one of the keys in my pocket must have been working today).

Got behind the wheel. Kids yelling "Netflix isn't working!" (They love it when I take them, obviously).

Wasn't just Netflix. The screen started flashing at me. Very screwy, something definitely wrong. Car didn't present reverse option (as it usually does, guesses direction, you hit the brake, you go) - didn't even give me the option to manually select forward or reverse.

I hit the menu system to see what was up. It opened fine, but I had several errors on dash screen. (emergency brake, traction, etc). Tried a soft reset.

Btw, soft reset much faster on the refresh, which is nice.

Car came back up. Problems persisted. But I needed to get the kids to camp, so I hit menu and the drive selector appeared at the left of the screen, and putting car into reverse worked. But no power steering. Turning this car at low speeds with a yoke and no steering assist is no yoke.

GPS down. Autopilot viz down. No regen. The car rolled as though in N when I took foot off the pedal. No auto hold. I've never used the brake nearly this much in a Tesla. It was freaky. And going around corners was crazy too. No stabilization, and the car wanted to swing super wide. Made me appreciate how much tech goes into the usual ride, when systems are actually working.

Error lights stayed on the whole time. Dropped the kids and called roadside. They had me power off from the menu system and wait 2 min. No dice.

I drove it in to service. They apologized, said they'd never seen these issues but it's not surprising given how new it is, and said it might be a wire or something. They found my an old MX loaner set to valet mode and told me to hang onto it for awhile.

Hope they can work out these kinks now and nobody else has to go through this. I tried to pull a K (3 point) turn while this was going on. Took 4 points to get there.
Just saw this posted in the delivery issues thread, I’d imagine this is what they’re trying to fix. I’ve been frustrated and complaining for days but seeing this made me slightly happier since I certainly don’t want to pick it up and have to go through issues like this

Just saw this posted in the delivery issues thread, I’d imagine this is what they’re trying to fix. I’ve been frustrated and complaining for days but seeing this made me slightly happier since I certainly don’t want to pick it up and have to go through issues like this
Yes, I will patiently wait for my 19" Long Range as they work out the kinks.

Interesting, definitely something warranting a delivery hold. Hopefully it's software interaction with the new microcontrollers they used to bypass the chip shortage. That should be easily fixed with software updates. If it's the microcontrollers themselves though we are in for a long wait, as they may have to replace them or flash new firmware on them manually.

Interesting, definitely something warranting a delivery hold. Hopefully it's software interaction with the new microcontrollers they used to bypass the chip shortage. That should be easily fixed with software updates. If it's the microcontrollers themselves though we are in for a long wait, as they may have to replace them or flash new firmware on them manually.
THIS. My biggest concern.

OK - now I'm really pissed ! 😭 - I have had a VIN and EDD of July15-20 but was pushed back daily until yesterday. Have an actual delivery appointment and time of July 25, 1pm. I just received the following fateful call and text -

Hello from Tesla, as mentioned on our call today your vehicle is completing its final stages for quality control. We will need to remove delivery appointment for 7/25/21 from our calendar and we will reach out once the vehicle is ready to help reschedule. Kindest regards, Tesla Dublin Team

I see a Carrera S in my future !

MS LR. RN1147. OD 3/27 Blk / Blk / Arachnids / FSD
Oh no....😭...just imagine how "really pissed" you would be if you were like many OTHERS of us here that have orders placed 3+ months before yours and don't even have a hint a delivery date. Go get your Carrera S😆

Last edited: