Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I donot he nor I were in the group saying it will low 10. It’s no way it would. I think at best would 10.8 and I mean at best but i think it’s going to range from 10.9-11.1 is what I’m thinking.
I was not actually referring to you TBH. Just crazy speculations over the past months that made me laugh.:) 10.8-11.1 is a great guess. (Actually what I'm personally betting on)

It is super sunny out, so I took the opportunity to take some more photos of my LR in daylight. Regarding the contrast stitching, that was just my flash that highlighted the stitching yesterday - the actual stitching is very similar in color to the white so it does not really pop out. Here are some more photos:

View attachment 680408View attachment 680409View attachment 680410View attachment 680411View attachment 680412
So clean and congrats! Love the white/white/walnut combo! Looks like you were riding in the comfort setting too. How is it with the 21's?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I was not actually referring to you TBH. Just crazy speculations over the past months that made me laugh.:) 10.8-11.1 is a great guess. (Actually what I'm personally betting on)
Lol more like 11.3 - 11.6 😂 not trying to be smart but realistic i did a lot of runs with the Performance S. How hard is it to get a current owner to do a quick dragy test come on guys proof me wrong.

Sooooo….I’m blank again, that was a fun day. Why did the monkey even touch my account??? After keeping up for the last 1000 pages this ‘blank date blank’ is part of the Tesla initiation. Best case scenario I get a VIN overnight, worst case…well, let’s not go there.
Worst case is you end up questioning the fabric of time and seek patterns that are not there. Then it’s 4 in the morning, you are out of yarn, asking yourself if one more refresh will provide a clue. Refresh. Blank stare. Blank, blank, blank.

Sooooo….I’m blank again, that was a fun day. Why did the monkey even touch my account??? After keeping up for the last 1000 pages this ‘blank date blank’ is part of the Tesla initiation. Best case scenario I get a VIN overnight, worst case…well, let’s not go there.
Well you're only at the beginning of your original estimate.
10 weeks since you ordered.

16 weeks into mine which originally was 10-14 weeks so I'm only 2 weeks past my original estimate but still blank :)

Lol more like 11.3 - 11.6 😂 not trying to be smart but realistic i did a lot of runs with the Performance S. How hard is it to get a current owner to do a quick dragy test come on guys proof me wrong.
I know. I was being respectfully optimistic lol. Trying not to rock the boat too much. 10.9s on the drag strip? Maybe. Doubt it. Mid-low 11s on the street? Definitely. It seems like most people are wanting to believe the LR is faster than what was thought previously. Guys, come on. The old LR did like a mid 12, so regardless, this is a massive improvement! :)
It's like many people, not @Tholland, are allergic to the words: "mid-11." It doesn't matter anyways, as we'll get real numbers soon enough. Been wanting to say this for a long time, but I also didn't want to get burned with downvotes.

I know. I was being respectfully optimistic lol. Trying not to rock the boat too much. 10.9s on the drag strip? Maybe. Doubt it. Mid-low 11s on the street? Definitely. It seems like most people are wanting to believe the LR is faster than what was thought previously. Guys, come on. The old LR did like a mid 12, so regardless, this is a massive improvement! :)
It's like many people, not @Tholland, are allergic to the words: "mid-11." It doesn't matter anyways, as we'll get real numbers soon enough. Been wanting to say this for a long time, but I also didn't want to get burned with downvotes.
Well said we are all one family regardless. We shall see soon anyways.

Today is supposedly my last day the trade-in is valid. I see the trade-in credit still there, but i do not see an expiration of 7/1/2021 anymore.

Kinda weird. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it truly expires.

It's a P3D Stealth. I have a feeling I can sell it for a lot more (if the plaid ever arrives) privately.

View attachment 680446
I think you are right about selling your P3D for more money.

My trade was due to renew two weeks ago. So my trade in value has not changed. But I went on line to see what my truck is worth. In two months the online valuation increased $7500. So when I get a delivery date and VIN, I plan to go to Carmax to see what they will offer. Can’t afford to give away thousands of dollars on my trade in.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Idk yea some people are a little delusional. Ordering 2 weeks ago complaining they don't have a car yet. LR going bottom 10. Haha. All crazy.

Though, it's fast enough for me. I'm more excited about it having drag strip mode and being able to do cheetah stance than anything else. Air ride slammed most of the time is going to be me. I drive 5 min each way from work. I'm looking for comfort for the long 250 mile trips I take every other month and having the extra range not to have to immediately charge when I get there.

Well you're only at the beginning of your original estimate.
10 weeks since you ordered.

16 weeks into mine which originally was 10-14 weeks so I'm only 2 weeks past my original estimate but still blank :)
I’m at about 10 weeks right now. They might actually hit my original estimate of 10-14 weeks.

This is well said. I was basing all my numbers on a prepped surface track. For sure mid - low 11s On the street.

My real personal guess... is 11.2 seconds at 122mph for the best-case, 11.4 at 118 for the worst-case. :)
I think 11.2 and lower is bad ass for a LR. However i think this LR makes a lot more power than the older ones did. It will be faster than a model 3 performance which is all I was going for, for my upgrade. the mph in your guess is spot on. 120-125 at best. This will be fun to see who gets the Closest guess. Wish we could meet up and have a drag strip meet and day. Would be cool

Last edited:
I think 11.2 and lower is bad ass for a LR. However i think this LR makes a lot more power than the older ones did. It will be faster than a model 3 performance which is all I was going for, for my upgrade. the mph in your guess is spot on. 120-125 at best.
I would be very cool with a 11.2/11.3 second 1/4 mile. It will also likely pull on a M3P all the way to 155, so it definitely will exceed in that department also. :)