Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I was quite concerned about my LR car being one of the long term storage or train track fence cars that have been neglected for the last couple of months. I contacted my SA to get a build date on my LR, and I was told the car came off the line on June 23rd. I thought this was great news.

This made me question what is going on with all those cars in storage. Maybe all the early builds aren’t regular customer cars. Could they have had some early build defect that would preclude a regular customer sale? Maybe they will become test drive cars or sold at a discount to a fleet buyer. Pure speculation on my part, but it seems odd that all of those cars are still sitting there.
Today is supposedly my last day the trade-in is valid. I see the trade-in credit still there, but i do not see an expiration of 7/1/2021 anymore.

Kinda weird. I guess I'll find out tomorrow if it truly expires.

It's a P3D Stealth. I have a feeling I can sell it for a lot more (if the plaid ever arrives) privately.

View attachment 680446
Why would you trade this in? You’ll get SOO MUCH MORE on the open market!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
View attachment 680055

I got a call “Sam, what is this?” after receiving the package from Etsy.

I ordered that same one from SwimAndDive 😂 The company name and photos should have given it away that it wouldn’t be anything like the founders’ badge.

Some of us in this thread are placing orders through Billet Badges Inc. for a custom metallic one instead. More details about that in my signature and here: Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Badge Update:
Design work has been commissioned and begun. In approximately 8-10 weeks we will receive the first design rendering from Billet Badges.

Total lead time is about 12-16 weeks.

I’ve never had a worse car buying experience. Not saying the car sucks or will suck but the customer service is outright horse sugar.

If you can’t deliver something, then don’t say you can. How incompetent do you have to be that your multimillion dollar company’s website still says estimated delivery in June when it’s already July? Are you going to get into your DeLorean and hit 88mph towing my car to bring it to me in June?

You’re 100% right, it’s never been this hard to give someone so much money for their product. As the time is going by I’m strongly reconsidering even bothering with EV, this is a disgusting taste left in my mouth by customer service that is making me question the quality of customer service I will get if god forbid something is wrong with the car 99% of the shops can’t work on.

It’s easier for fanboiz to deal with because they’ve already either experienced it and it’s not so bad or they just settled with it and now accept it as normal. Either way, as a first time buyer I have nothing but speculations and assumptions, and the company is doing nothing but dragging their feet to make me doubt them more and more. At this point I don’t even have an approximate month to plan my life accordingly with selling current car, finances, etc. This is outright unacceptable to just string people along and inconvenience their personal lives because you just don’t give a sugar about anything but your profit reports for EOQ fluffing the numbers so your investors don’t see that your customer service is outright trash.
yea Tesla runs a *sugar* show that's for sure

My detail shop says they are pretty coarse sanding scratches. He thinks he might be able to compound them out, but I reported it to Tesla.

Other cosmetic issues
We also found trim misalignment on the drivers door, drivers door handle with uneven spacing, some fairly deep scratches on drivers door and a fisheye defect in the paint on the rear hatch. He said a body shop would do more damage attempting a repair, and the factory paint with the fisheye is better than trying to fix it.

If anymore in San Diego is looking for top notch detailing, ceramic coating, tinting etc. I have an amazing shop. Here are some pictures of the defects they found.

View attachment 680447View attachment 680448View attachment 680449View attachment 680450View attachment 680451View attachment 680452
Wow! So has your Tesla SA (or whomever you contacted with all of these issues) said they will address and try to fix every problem? Seems like a lot of issues for a brand new $100k+ vehicle. Sorry.

I’m at about 10 weeks right now. They might actually hit my original estimate of 10-14 weeks.
SA at the Tampa store said 3-4 weeks. Designer said June. After order confirmation it said June. Once the deposit cleared, they removed the estimated date and pretty much told me to eat a bag of sugar with a nice fat blank. Oh and the fact that it took a week for first SA contact, not even going to discuss that quality service.

SA at the Tampa store said 3-4 weeks. Designer said June. After order confirmation it said June. Once the deposit cleared, they removed the estimated date and pretty much told me to eat a bag of sugar with a nice fat blank. Oh and the fact that it took a week for first SA contact, not even going to discuss that quality service.
Well you ordered in June.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A couple of hours ago my MS Plaid was delivered to my house. Being 75 years old and never having owned a Tesla before I was almost in shock as to the essence, feel, energy, visuals, build, design and vibe of the car. Yes, I know cool cars having owned many BMWs and Porsches but this vehicle is actually awe inspiringly insanely bitching. Of course I have a giant learning curve with the UI, car dynamics and things I can’t even imagine. Tomorrow with a clear head I will dive into the car and maybe even experiment with the warp drive speed it apparently can obtain. Hoping my neighborhood can handle it. :) Onward and onward. BTW-Thank you Tesla.

One dude did a Draggy run. Didn't even reach 100mph. He did a 3.25sec 0-60, 3.04sec with 1ft, on a slight uphill.

I can't believe no one with a LR is doing us a solid and do a full 1/4mile run. I'm on the fence between LR/Plaid. If the LR is in the 10s I might just go that way. In the 11s, I go Plaid.
Hahahaha, ok AMGF, that was me in a station parking lot on the way to work, it was for sugar and giggles, haven’t seen many others posting their numbers here, if I can get her 3.25 without really trying I look forward to a real run at it. Tough to reach 100 with a very short runway. Go plaid mate! I’m happy with a car that likely is 3.0 with no let up and the difference in price has bought my wife a Y. DM me with any questions….

I am fine with them taking their time, puling the data and sharing it with cops, NHTSA, etc, instead of playing this out in public. I also have not heard anything that point to the car being the primary cause of the fire.
I get it but what IF there's some defect or some issue in some MS Plaids & LRs that can cause this to happen? Just saying that for everyone like you who's already taken delivery and the thousands more like us who haven't yet but are supposed to in just the coming weeks, it's a little unnerving. I mean, they did speed up the manufacturing for EOQ push right? I know they said the delays had much to do with chip & other parts shortages AND making sure the new, denser (diff chemistry) batteries were safe but still, there are a lot of ppl now running around in their MS Plaids & LRs and although this happened in just one car so far, it happened fairly quickly just after delivery AND really, it's one too many.

Reactions: Greg29 and Ormond
I ordered that same one from SwimAndDive 😂 The company name and photos should have given it away that it wouldn’t be anything like the founders’ badge.
Some of us in this thread are placing orders through Billet Badges Inc. for a custom metallic one instead.
More details about that in my signature and here: Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Badge Update:
Design work has been commissioned and begun. In approximately 8-10 weeks we will receive the first design rendering from Billet Badges.
Total lead time is about 12-16 weeks.
I hope the price comes down with volume production from $240 - "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!";)

1625187665282.png

Last edited:
Yeah, had no idea the entire operation is a damn sugar show. Didn’t find this forum under after I ordered.
Yea me either. Then I realized a refresh was happening. Haha. Everything said on track for March to start deliveries. I thought cool 10-14 weeks is doable. 16 weeks and blank I'm still around. Getting frustrated, but hey, I'm not the oldest RN that hasn't gotten a delivery. I can't even imagine the 2020 orders that still haven't gotten delivery. This whole thing is a *sugar* show for sure. (yes I'm in that stage of grief)

Hahahaha, ok AMGF, that was me in a station parking lot on the way to work, it was for sugar and giggles, haven’t seen many others posting their numbers here, if I can get her 3.25 without really trying I look forward to a real run at it. Tough to reach 100 with a very short runway. Go plaid mate! I’m happy with a car that likely is 3.0 with no let up and the difference in price has bought my wife a Y. DM me with any questions….

Tesla really delivered 2 performance model S variants. But, seriously @AMGF if performance matters, get plaid if you can swing it.