Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What tinting levels?
I had it done today; 35% all around and windshield 70%.

The 19s without caps would look better in 20". I'm not feelin em hah

Attachments

• Plaid.jpeg
    Plaid.jpeg
    998 KB · Views: 81
I think that Carbon Fiber might put you into the Tesla purgatory. I have been there since I place my order in January with white interior and 19" wheels. I was told by a SA back in June that my delivery date would be Sept/Oct. We are seeing the 19" wheels being delivered and some white interiors. And I do have a estimate delivery date.

So @1khpV3 and @Breezewest hang in there. Too bad we could not get a quick message once a month stating what is going on with our "reservation". I for one, would not cancel my order if they told me back in March that I would not get my car until November because of shortages of white seats and 19" wheels. It would have saved me time logging in each day checking for an update.

The EOQ is approaching so I am hoping that everyone with an Aug, Sept, Oct estimated delivery window gets there car in the next 3 or 4 weeks. With you guys/gals out of the way, then the rest of us can get our cars delivered.;)

I appreciate your post, pictures, information and words of encouragement while I continue to wait. Thanks❤️
I now have a November delivery date. Whoop whoop!

@Drew-MS : Congrats, sweet ride. BUT, Yeah, the 19's have way too much rubber. Def going for 20s, myself.
@neadams99 Unless you also want some riding comfort (noise level) and range. Looks wise, yes - a bit meaty.
Edit: I will be sticking with the 19" tires, and "might" get Slipstream-like rims in black chrome/black titanium finish - if they ever come to market at a reasonable price. I want both, looks and ride comfort/range.

Last edited:

A few months ago, I purchased a couple of Tempest aerocaps prior to the change to the darker wheels. My plan was to powder coat them darker and I wanted a couple of spares.
The back of the Tempest are exactly the same as the new aerocaps. Even though they fit perfectly, the Tempest looked weird and a huge eyesore.
Really wish there were some more attractive aerocap options on the market.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A few months ago, I purchased a couple of Tempest aerocaps prior to the change to the darker wheels. My plan was to powder coat them darker and I wanted a couple of spares.
The back of the Tempest are exactly the same as the new aerocaps. Even though they fit perfectly, the Tempest looked weird and a huge eyesore.
Really wish there were some more attractive aerocap options on the market.
And/or a "Slipstream" style rim for these staggered Plaids...

RE the cf Mud Flaps for "2021 Tesla Model S" on www.taptes.com: I called a couple times now, BUT nobody answers and a message comes up saying "the person on this extension is on the other line...please leave a message." Ugh...left a voicemail message, so let's see if the rep in Hong Kong calls me back...it's already 9:15AM in Hong Kong...not sure if this is a legit company...good thing I used my AMEX for the purchase...easy to dispute the charge and get a credit. I also sent an email to them about my order...to see If they really do fit the Tesla Model S Plaid! We'll see.
I feel like I have read rumors that this company is 90% scam and 10% legit. I think they sell (or used to sell) a Model 3 cell phone charging pad. It was a kickstarter and people NEVER saw the product. Nor did they see their money back.

Damn, order moved from August 24 - September 09 to August 30 - September 18 today. I was expecting it since yesterday was not a delivery option any more but I would rather get an accurate date one month out than screw around moving dates every day/week. When I ordered my Audi it took 6 months to get it and they hit the date +/- a few days.
Yeah I honestly can't stand that dude. Talks too fast.
"Hey guys, try to decipher what I'm saying: rdjsjhs shshshshsjshshsbebbdbdhdbdndjshsbsbsbssnbs...."
Where do we sign up for Lucidmotorclub?

Wonder what the EDD discussions are like there.