Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@jebinc I shall think of you as Mr. Crickets.

D66713E0-FBCC-4895-9D80-DE9A68CE6392_1_102_o.jpeg

OT rant but should help those waiting for delivery that they can relax since they have not been put through any of this yet...

My wonderful Blue Poo is back in the SC. Had it for it for almost 4 days before going back in. This time the screens went blank and heat went and stayed on high - no way to adjust). Diagnosing it now.

List of parts replaced since end of June delivery: two drivers mirrors, dash speaker grill, rear window, third brake light, entire center console, frunk latch, and main usb card (inside). Adjusted: driver's door glass and trim (3x), rear passenger door trim, and rear seat latches. Still open with no idea how to fix: park sensors, vibration in driveline, and shaking mirror. Do not forget all the undelivered promises.

I love the car but I hate the car.

Elon truly hates me. But at least no yoke vein...

Update: Went to check on it and they think it is the main computer. Waiting for the mothership to confirm. Then I get to wait for a replacement - which they said they would expedite for a Friday delivery (if they are even available). Maybe the computer will have update software version? I asked if I could just get my money back...

Update: Went to check on it and they think it is the main computer. Waiting for the mothership to confirm. Then I get to wait for a replacement - which they said they would expedite for a Friday delivery (if they are even available). I asked if I could just get my money back...

@Hayseed_MS Get your money back on the Plaid, like have them buy it back? What did they say?

@Hayseed_MS Get your money back on the Plaid, like have them buy it back? What did they say?

We did not really go that route. That, to me, is the nuclear option and one that I do not want to go through again. I will see how this week goes. Just pissed. Told them I love the car a lot - when I am driving it - but days like this make me regret every getting into a Tesla. My father will be watching this and deciding if he will keep his X on order or go to another Audi like my mother.

We did not really go that route. That, to me, is the nuclear option and one that I do not want to go through again. I will see how this week goes. Just pissed. Told them I love the car a lot - when I am driving it - but days like this make me regret every getting into a Tesla. My father will be watching this and deciding if he will keep his X on order or go to another Audi like my mother.
@Hayseed_MS Refresh my aging memory... You had Tesla buy a car back from you before? Lemon law or customer accommodation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Delivery day boys and girls, ladies and gentlemen. She is perfect. Will adjust the trunk on my own, but honestly not worried about it right now. Frunk has a some slight misalignment and I might mention it to a mobile service tech one day, but I want to know what it takes to fix it before they are start screwing with it. Old issues that I do not see - no front windshield distortion, no dent in the front dash, no mirror wobble.

Came loaded with mostly all the parts - missing sub trunk cover and parcel shelf. Oddly, had the corner piece 🤷🏽‍♂️ Tesla said pretty much all are missing those and I did not put up a fight to try and them from a car that has been sitting there for weeks. Mine is going to sit in the garage for a week and then PPF, tint, ceramic for a week. So I will ping them when I get closer to picking up my car from the detailer and see if they have them so that I can swing by and grab them. At that point, I am going to be driving it daily and really want those.

Came the summer tires - south Texas, really do not care. I will monitor them in the winter, but I am not in a huge rush to replace them.

For now, the wait is over and I am elated to say the least. Wife is too, she told me she never wants to hear about TMC again. So I think you guys won in that battle :)

More photos to come post tint, PPF and ceramic.
View attachment 736072 View attachment 736073 View attachment 736074
congratulations!!

stuff is piling up waiting for delivery lol 😆

spoiler and mats are here now. Tasmanian mats for trunk and frunk, Weathertech floor mat for back seat, spoiler is the one from ebay someone mentioned from Taiwan, my xkglow kit for interior lighting.

Dec 1 can't come fast enough hah. Though was supposed to be 7/28 and messed up my ppf/ceramic appt so now that's delayed till the 13th.

Attachments

• 20211122_180830.jpg
    20211122_180830.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 67
AND…two major reaction score milestones coming up for two BIG TMC members…12,000 for @2021plaid …master of positivity and my own private tech support resource…and 10,000 for @jebinc …master of DIY mud flaps and vibration and an endless resource of information for fellow TMCers, especially newbs like me. Congrats, guys! 😄

@2021plaid is getting close to 12,000 on the reaction score; let’s all help this poor ‘ol SoB over the finish line before the crack of midnight, PDT! 😝

stuff is piling up waiting for delivery lol 😆

spoiler and mats are here now. Tasmanian mats for trunk and frunk, Weathertech floor mat for back seat, spoiler is the one from ebay someone mentioned from Taiwan, my xkglow kit for interior lighting.

Dec 1 can't come fast enough hah. Though was supposed to be 7/28 and messed up my ppf/ceramic appt so now that's delayed till the 13th.
December 1st...if you are picking up in Alpharetta/Roswell...we might run into each other. 1st beer on me!

@Hayseed_MS BTW, Someone recently reported a corrupt Tesla USB stick caused them similar problems.

I forgot to add to my list of things - they replaced the main USB last week. I told them I have an aftermarket USB stick for the sentry mode and they said that had nothing to do with what they replaced last week. I cannot get into my account to see exactly what they did last week.