Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On that topic. Are the door handles supposed to be flush or recessed. I have two that are flush and two that are about 1/8 or more recessed. (Forgive the dust/dirt)

78C884AA-3E70-4318-951F-D206DDB0E4DA.jpeg

On that topic. Are the door handles supposed to be flush or recessed. I have two that are flush and two that are about 1/8 or more recessed. (Forgive the dust/dirt)

View attachment 746568

Even Tesla doesn't know. They won't even look at them. Pretty much every model s ever has variation there. That's one of the things that you just have to live with.

View attachment 746568
Flush. Had all 4 adjusted on my ‘17 shortly after purchase. Initially they were all recessed different amounts.

Last edited:
One can never get enough of Red Plaids.
I can never get enough, and I own one 😁

On that topic. Are the door handles supposed to be flush or recessed. I have two that are flush and two that are about 1/8 or more recessed.
Shortly after I took delivery, I noticed one of my handles was occasionally getting stuck in the out position. I'd had a previous S need adjustment, and know that it only takes them a few minutes to do it so I booked a service appointment and also asked them to include all the missing pieces that were not included in any deliveries at that time (floor mats, trunk covers, etc). I told the service advisor I could wait, they wouldn't need to give me a loaner or uber credits, but they said they'd need to replace the handle. Sure enough, when I got the receipt a couple hours later it said "check and adjust all 4 handles", so apparently they're aware it's a thing, haha. Fortunately that was the only thing that needed to be done on my Plaid.

Was hoping to get my blue/cream mslr with 19” in that jan15-feb12 window but not a good sign with pretty much model Xs at Fremont 😢
I had a VIN and appointment date for December 29. Then like James Bond, "License Revoked" - my VIN and appointment were revoked. They didn't even buy me dinner first or say please - worse than my colonoscopy...BOHICA!

I had a VIN and appointment date for December 29. Then like James Bond, "License Revoked" - my VIN and appointment were revoked. They didn't even buy me dinner first or say please - worse than my colonoscopy...BOHICA!
Maybe EM not a TMC fan…so when you went to Supporting Member status he hit you where it hurts…

Last edited: