Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. There's another thread with those of us who haven't taken delivery yet, the MVPA in the downloads section now reflects the correct price and so does the final payment section if you haven't paid yet. For those that have paid, the refund comes as a check within 90 days of delivery.
Is this true cause I took delivery last month. These price drops making my stomach *sugar*. Picked up plaid for 109k. Will they actually commit?

Shim the upper rubber bumper with layers of 3M foam tape on the charge port bezel. Not worth it to take apart the whole rear quarter panel interior to get at the door which you will probably damage.

I'll give that a try. Thanks!!

I used a Scotch cabinet bumper...the little round clear sticky pad to put inside on the charge port. It worked like a champ. Not sure how long the sticky will last but I will try and find something a bit more permanent. You can get 40 bumpers for 4.49 on amazon, so they should last me a while :)

Tesla service just tole me it's just the door, it won't hurt anything :) But....my ocd....I need it to be straight! Thanks aerodyne for the quick fix.

Attachments

• ChargePort1.jpg
    ChargePort1.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 122
  • ChargePort2.jpg
    ChargePort2.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 117
I used a Scotch cabinet bumper...the little round clear sticky pad to put inside on the charge port. It worked like a champ. Not sure how long the sticky will last but I will try and find something a bit more permanent. You can get 40 bumpers for 4.49 on amazon, so they should last me a while :)

Tesla service just tole me it's just the door, it won't hurt anything :) But....my ocd....I need it to be straight! Thanks aerodyne for the quick fix.
Also, just FYI, this was not this way on delivery for me. Somewhere along the way either during wrap or just by driving it, charging it and pushing on the door some, something changed and this started. So, probably some quirk with the door mechanism itself maybe. Anywho....I'm happy with the quick fix.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Is it normal that the navigation is not working at the beginning ( problem I am facing is that the direction button is not available, so I can find location but can set drive direction between two points..) ? Man I am laughing my ass off while asking this question but still..

Anyhow I took the delivery of the car.. apart of right side mirror and a little panel gap on front fender.. everything else looks sexy..

Yoke, man I love it .. easier than a round steering and who says turning is a problem, although I am laughing while making a turn 😂😂
Yes, I'm sure your yoke love affair will wear off:

If you want to hasten the process:

1. Try to parallel park in a hurry.
2. Visit a roundabout or two; try using the turn signals to, you know, advise others of your intentions. (What a concept!)
3. Wait for someone to move into your path, esp. while the yoke is turned, and try to honk the horn . . .

That should do it.

In the interim, enjoy your new car:)

2. Visit a roundabout or two; try using the turn signals to, you know, advise others of your intentions. (What a concept!)
3. Wait for someone to move into your path, esp. while the yoke is turned, and try to honk the horn . . .

That should do it.

Just let him enjoy the car...

Just let him enjoy the car...
I enjoy mine now!!!!!! I also make a living with a yoke like I suspect tslapilot does.
I would say if u drive lots on the highway yoke is tolerable. City driving pass.
This is a exceptionally excellent YouTube video explaining what Tesla should have done.

Attachments

• C76DA854-5288-490D-BEE1-50DA22ADC6B3.jpeg
    C76DA854-5288-490D-BEE1-50DA22ADC6B3.jpeg
    563.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Funny
Reactions: Hayseed_MS

That should do it.

Ok, lemme be honest been there done that in last two days and yes it was scary.. I don’t honk so that’s ok ( I have honked so much in a day, the you would in your entire life, when I was at my home place. 😂😂 )

1. Parallel parking : I suck at it even with a round steering, I don’t think yoke will give any different result. But I feel for the ones who have to do it on regular basis , round steering will fix this issue up to an extent.).
2. Roundabout weren’t the problem at all as I knew what I was going to do, but quick left and right turns signals one after another were, agreed it isn’t perfect.

Turn signals should be with stocks with round or yoke steering, as it’s gonna pop up as a problem for long term for quick signaling ..

But turning the car with yoke was more comfortable and quick than round steering, maybe because I have driven different sort of vehicles over the years and have an opinion wasn’t an opinion 😂😂

Honest admittance from my better half, even after knowing these problems : I would trade my model Y with model s any day had it have not been 3 times expensive than model Y 😂😂

The thing that worries me and I am still laughing about it is the build quality of this car.. it’s bad for the price it comes with.. just unacceptable.. and I can now see why people had such a strong objection to it..

Reactions: zoomer0056
I enjoy mine now!!!!!! I also make a living with a yoke like I suspect tslapilot does.
I would say if u drive lots on the highway yoke is tolerable. City driving pass.
This is a exceptionally excellent YouTube video explaining what Tesla should have done.

My point in saying that was just that - just let him enjoy the car. Round or yoke. Why do some feel that it is their divine mission to convince others of their opinion? Just let him enjoy the car. Maybe the yoke will continue to work (it has for over 72k+ miles for me) or maybe he will grow to hate it and switch it out. Many have been through the scenarios posted by some of the militant anti-yokers and have done exceptionally well.

My point in saying that was just that - just let him enjoy the car. Round or yoke. Why do some feel that it is their divine mission to convince others of their opinion? Just let him enjoy the car. Maybe the yoke will continue to work (it has for over 72k+ miles for me) or maybe he will grow to hate it and switch it out. Many have been through the scenarios posted by some of the militant anti-yokers and have done exceptionally well.
I 10000000% agree choice”s is something that will make tesla millions, I am not so sure Tesla didn’t plan the yoke to keep people alive in the Plaid.
I definitely do harder corner accelerations now leaving my neighborhood With the confidence the round wheel gives me.
Now if they had a fix for the small cup holders!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the 19’ wheels, I said it. Love them. I don’t worry about potholes and absolutely rip on them as much as I can. Already have 2 sets of them and another set of summer tires. Had the 20”s on my 3 was constantly worried about messing them up.
72K on your Plaid??????

I love the 19’ wheels, I said it. Love them. I don’t worry about potholes and absolutely rip on them as much as I can. Already have 2 sets of them and another set of summer tires. Had the 20”s on my 3 was constantly worried about messing them up.
72K on your Plaid??????
Not even going there on wheel size...

It is the long range version not the plaid version of the refresh. But yes to the mileage.

so true. yet from a business perspective, it is widely acknowledged that the perceived value of a product/service to a consumer holds much greater importance than its actual value. Rather than obsessing over minor details, people should allow the individual to fully enjoy their car regardless of its features/specs.

Last edited:

That should do it.

How are #2 and #3 a yoke issue? The same problems exist with the round steering wheel.

That should do it.

it kinda Scares me that you lack these abilities with pilot in your username. I would prefer the horn in the center, but I have adapted. Give yourself a little more time And don’t be so hard on yourself.

Hi!
After one week of driving my 2023 Model S, with HW4. I'm happy user!! Car is amazing!!

Few facts:
  • Car have old sunroof, production date 16th of February
  • Lack of USS and software update for Tesla Vision, makes driving in narrow European roads a lil hardcore in this huge car
  • Windshield wipers, are not working in auto, old Model S 2015, did it much more better!!!
  • Charging speeds are crazy :O
  • Fully charged show 650km!!!!
  • To mine I added Plaid spoiler
  • New suspension compare to old Model S made leapfrog improvement!
  • And of course 20'' aftermarkets rims from T Sportline
  • Adding this rims with tires 285/30/R20 drop range around -10%
  • Car have few misalignments (doors, trunk) and whole paintwork must be polished

Driving this car give sooo much fun compare to old P85D :) and it's definitely faster in range 100-200km/h

View attachment 926025

View attachment 926026

View attachment 926027

View attachment 926028
View attachment 926029
Beautiful pictures! Are those rims the satin or gloss black?

Reactions: DrKleiner