Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order yesterday! Pretty exciting, I gotta say. However, I'll be delaying delivery until the beginning of September since I'm out of the country for awhile (living in Korea currently and moving home) and then out of my home state for awhile as well.

Regarding that: I placed my order with a June delivery date, then sent an e-mail to [email protected] asking them to change the delivery window to September. Does anyone know a phone number to talk to someone about this (much more effective than e-mail), or when I'll be assigned a DS to contact about it? I don't want it going into production without having that part firmed up...

I believe you can change your delivery window on My Tesla until it is confirmed.

Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors

Just got a message from my DS that my dreamy #1393xx is sequenced for 6/6 production. I should be excited but............maybe on 6/5 the excitement will kick in. Goodbye late May-early June. :(

It looks like they may be producing the CA vehicles after the vehicles that have to be shipped east. Since shipping time is so much shorter for the CA vehicles. They can get those with longer shipping times completed and shipped first and then focus on CA vehicles. Probably so they can maximize the amount of cars that are produced before 2nd quarter ends.

My VIN is 1423xxx, which is way after yours and my DS tells me my car will go into production with the next 2-2.5 weeks. Yours will still be June, but I understand the disappointment.

Reactions: NikeWings
I'm so glad mine was in transit already before these additional delays started. Now I'm just watching the days go by verrrrrrrry sllllowwwwwwllly.

At least I'm riding/driving around in a Tesla this weekend, I'm at the Tesla Road Trip 2016 event in Williamsburg! So I got a little Tesla fix helping with some of the driving from Tampa to VA! If only LoL Rick's car had AP...which I constantly reminded him on the way up that it does not (but mine will!)

I bet ours are coming on the same train. Where are you taking delivery? I am working with DS in Blue Ash.

Delivery in Columbus. Your order/delivery process worked out well! You ordered well after me and have a VIN several thousand higher but the cars were produced beginning the same day! You haven't updated spread sheet but you received the "in transit" email? They should go to an auto/rail yard in West Chicago (just south of DuPage Airport-lived in NW Suburbs for 25 years) and be trucked from there.

Last edited:
It looks like they may be producing the CA vehicles after the vehicles that have to be shipped east. Since shipping time is so much shorter for the CA vehicles. They can get those with longer shipping times completed and shipped first and then focus on CA vehicles. Probably so they can maximize the amount of cars that are produced before 2nd quarter ends.

Yup, this is how they have been doing it now for the past two years.... CA, WA, NV, OR cars get made just before the quarter ends as their transit time is very quick. Some get out earlier. But not near the last 7 weeks of a quarter.

BTW guys, you all need to keep the order tracking spreadsheet accurate. Hint: you can sort the data by clicking on a column header. Such as ENTERED PRODUCTION etc. or PRODUCTION COMPLETED then you can derive the transit times for cars destined to your location. Also doing this for the previous quarter is quite enlightening. Have fun those "babies" are being born now....

Gotta go now, need to wash the green pollen off of the S.... smile.

I basically just posted this in another thread.

I'm in Chicago too. My DS emails me almost everyday with a status update. The one from today said they are targeting May 25th. Maybe we are on the same train!

From my DS:
I wanted to give you a quick update and let you know the train carrying your Model S is currently located on the New Mexico – Texas border which is essentially the halfway point between California and Illinois.

That's fine though. I have chemo that week and won't be able to pick it up until later in the week. I had mentioned it before as well, but they want us to come in after hours to pick it up because they have a special surprise for our son. No idea what it is, but they seem to be making a big deal out of our situation. So they are hoping for a Friday/Saturday night pickup.

VIN=1403xx

I'm in Chicago too. My DS emails me almost everyday with a status update. The one from today said they are targeting May 25th. Maybe we are on the same train!

From my DS:

That's fine though. I have chemo that week and won't be able to pick it up until later in the week. I had mentioned it before as well, but they want us to come in after hours to pick it up because they have a special surprise for our son. No idea what it is, but they seem to be making a big deal out of our situation. So they are hoping for a Friday/Saturday night pickup.

VIN=1403xx

Hi electrik! Just read your other thread - my best to you and your family. Our cars our on their way!

From my DS:

VIN=1403xx
I'm just guessing but I saw this mini Tesla posted on Tesla's Twitter today. How fun would that be?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Love
Reactions: NikeWings

From my DS:

VIN=1403xx
Radio Flyer mini S? Screen shot from Tesla tweet today. So cute. Mini motor

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 50