Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just was looking at my order page for my VIN date and noticed this: "Your Tesla is currently in production." I can't believe no one told me! Wow. I have no clue how to find out my estimated delivery, tho. This is crazy. Computer age......I can't believe I just saw this!

I have been watching your posts for the past few weeks. But from a fellow members perspective it was very entertaining to watch the mystery status of your Tesla order unfold online. It’s too bad your DS didn’t email or text you with updates but I think we are all discovering together that our online account page seems to be the new information pipeline.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
I have yet to get any emails since ordering the vehicle... I do check my Tesla account multiple times a day though...

After I posted my question to you I read further up the blog and discovered your earlier post which answered my question. I am in that anxious for news phase also called preproduction. All you can do is deal with it one day at a time while trying not to drive the rest of the family crazy.

After I posted my question to you I read further up the blog and discovered your earlier post which answered my question. I am in that anxious for news phase also called preproduction. All you can do is deal with it one day at a time while trying not to drive the rest of the family crazy.
Trust me, it doesn’t get better during or after production, only relief you can get is after picking up your Tesla...

It sure is bittersweet to see people who ordered a month after have their cars go into production before me. Has anyone been able to correlate what features / locations get their cars made first?

When did you order?
Do you have your VIN yet?

I’m seeing people in here who ordered after me get their VIN and estimated production complete date before me.

The only thing I correlation i can make is that they are all from outside CA and that they probably frontload those orders to compensate for delivery time from Fremont to their local DC.

I’m in oakland, so the distances from the factory to my DC is less than 50 miles.

I have been watching your posts for the past few weeks. But from a fellow members perspective it was very entertaining to watch the mystery status of your Tesla order unfold online. It’s too bad your DS didn’t email or text you with updates but I think we are all discovering together that our online account page seems to be the new information pipeline.
Thank you! I have kinda enjoyed this whole process, actually! I am grateful for this forum and others like you who have posted and contributed your experiences. It's made it go by faster having someone to "chat" with and compare "notes" with. I have really appreciated all of the responses I have received. Today (Sunday) my husband and I were near the dealership which is on the other side of the Nashville area than we are, so we stopped by and my OA was there and I asked him to check on what I thought was maybe that my car was actually, really and truly in production and he SAID today after looking it up on the computer that my projected END DATE was: GET THIS: TOMORROW! I was naturally just totally stoked and could barely contain my excitement.....well....not exactly. I didn't contain my excitement, I was jumping for joy! My husband and I then sat down in a Model S once again, on the showroom floor and started looking at the display and we were both a bit (no......a LOT) overwhelmed. There is SO much that I have no clue what it means and I am sure my DS, who, by the way is the infamous John Blanks, (the best OA one could ask for,) will make sure I know and fully understand everything I need to know before he releases me to the wild, wild world of Nashville, TN driving. I am certainly looking forward to my tutorial and driving my car off the lot! Anyway, my car is "supposed" to be rolling off the "line" tomorrow and then, since there are a lot of cars coming to this dealership, mine should be here in a week and a half! I am probably going to have to go back and forth to the garage for quite a while just to look at it to be sure it's not a dream. I'll keep you posted and thanks for "listening!" I am so thrilled!

CBP, I'm glad to provide you with that info. Now that the page has changed to having a VIN, under "What's Next?" it reads:

"Your Tesla order has been confirmed and scheduled for production in our factory."
Thank you so much for that. I couldn't remember and was thinking surely mine didn't say what it says now, before I noticed it a day or so ago. I did go to the dealership today, my OA was there and I asked him if he would look my car up and he actually told me that production END for my car is tomorrow. Those words were music to my ears! So, it seems there is so much variation in times ordered and VIN reveal and then getting an estimated production time, that it's so difficult to know what to expect....for ANYONE!
So, thank you again for telling me that. Good luck on yours and I will continue to participate on the delivery thread to see how everyone else fares in getting their cars. It's exciting to me to see others who have ordered and are waiting on information. I would advise, as you are already doing, to continue to check that order page. That is the way I learned I had been assigned my VIN as well as that my car (as you know,) is in production. I guess sometimes WE know before our DS knows! Again....good luck and I look forward to your progression towards your new car!

UPDATE: Your Tesla has been built and is I’n transit from the factory!!!

We’re almost there everyone!
SO EXCITING!!!! I stopped by the Nashville dealership and my OA was there and confirmed that my car is scheduled to be in "END PRODUCTION" tomorrow! He said that's the plan, anyway. Could be a day later I guess, but I should have mine soon, too! Now, if I can just learn everything I need to know.......We sat in a Model S on the showroom floor today and it was just a LOT overwhelming. So much on that big touchscreen! I don't know if I will EVER learn it all and truly understand it. There's just so much! Anyway, keep us posted on your big delivery day and again, congratulations!

SO EXCITING!!!! I stopped by the Nashville dealership and my OA was there and confirmed that my car is scheduled to be in "END PRODUCTION" tomorrow! He said that's the plan, anyway. Could be a day later I guess, but I should have mine soon, too! Now, if I can just learn everything I need to know.......We sat in a Model S on the showroom floor today and it was just a LOT overwhelming. So much on that big touchscreen! I don't know if I will EVER learn it all and truly understand it. There's just so much! Anyway, keep us posted on your big delivery day and again, congratulations!

I must be riding in the slow lane, that was a sprint to the finish for you; from "in production" to "completed" almost overnight. It will be approximately 2 months from date ordered to date delivered. I am very happy for you. Now if only you could get two day FedEx delivery on a MS.

Our ordered confirmed on 1/10 and just got the ‘in production’ message on my account today 2/11. I know it’s only been a month but felt like 6 lol. What’s the average time I have left you’d say.

Further down on this thread you will find a happy announcement from CBPfromTenn that their car's completion date is today (02/12/18). So for perspective, CBPfromTenn's posts indicates they ordered 12/11/17, was confirmed 12/14/17 and completed 02/12/18. Two months from order to completion and probably a week to 10 days for delivery. I hope this helps. It is great that everyone here shares their information and helps each cope with this process, but unless you have the patience of a Saint, I bet you are now anxious for 03/10/18 (which BTW is my wife's birthday).

I am curious to learn how you acquired the signature line on the bottom of all your posts (with your car's description). Is that a feature of a paid subscription or did I miss something setting up my account?

UPDATE: Just got an update from my ds, she’s indicating that my vehicle is scheduled for production next week and I should take delivery mid March... My Tesla is stating that the vehicle has been built as of yesterday and is now in transport....

Any idea of what’s going on?