Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received an email from my DS this morning indicating my Model S is tentatively scheduled for delivery the week of March 18. Official status on the account page is still confirmed and scheduled for production.

Ordered 1/12
Confirmed 1/15
Received VIN 2/8

75d, solid black, premium black interior, carbon fiber, 21 inch wheels, PUP, enhanced autopilot. Destination Rocklin CA.

Congrats!!
Ordered a days after you, and we're both in Northern California - hoping to get an email similar to yours soon :)

Congrats that’s awesome! I’m looking at first week of March delivery in Toronto! Although my Tesla has been built for four days already, as per my ds it has yet to depart the factory, probably waiting for more vehicles to get loaded
That is so great! You are almost about to get yours! So exciting! I think there are a lot of Teslas coming into the Nashville dealership so I guess that is why mine is being shipped as soon as it was complete. You know, it won't be long before ALL of us posting here will be zooming around in our wonderful Teslas and thinking how LONG AGO it was that we were all waiting!! This has truly been a fun experience and value everyone on this forum who interacted with me and waited alongside me and made this "journey" a little easier to make. It has been great fun and I've enjoyed the camaraderie! I will stay on this forum I am sure forever and cannot wait to hear about everyone who has been waiting like us! Keep me posted on your ETA!!

My car officially entered production yesterday! See the message on website "Your Tesla is currently in production'''. Also received an email from DS to setup a delivery date of March 15th! Now need to get moving on the Nema 14-50 installation! Really looking forward to it!
Wonderful!!! Looks like we are all about to get our beautiful new Teslas!!!!!! It's been fun! I am going to absolutely stay on this thread to see how everyone does with their new cars! My message changed today from "Your Tesla is currently in production" to this: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." There ARE no words! I cannot WAIT! I am happy for you too! Can't wait to see how your timeline turns out!

Reactions: HA3AP and dcmetro
I was playing around with the Design Studio, and it's not apparent that any customization options affect the estimated time frame. Maybe it's literally just location?
From what I understand, there is a method to the process. Ask your OA when you order what that is. Something to do with what part of the quarter you order in...plus there are days when only European orders are produced (steering wheels on the right as opposed to the left for us Americans :) ) I believe it has everything to do with what date in the quarter you order as well as what I have heard about Teslas being made for West coast customers are probably produced later than the ones destined for the East coast so that the delivery time can be similar. Not sure at all....but that's what I have been told.

My 200 amp service box happens to be in the garage but in order to make space for a 50 amp (240v) dedicated circuit they had to condense 4 of my existing circuit breakers by doubling them up with tandem breakers. Then they ran a number 6 cable up from the box into the garage attic then across to the opposite wall and then down to where I wanted the plug installed. I am a little anal about my garage and I could have saved some money if they didn't need so much cable; the number 6 cable is very expensive. The electrician suggested a couple alternate plug sites, but with the layout of my garage I didn't want the charging cable strung out on the floor across our traffic path. Sooner our later someone walking through the garage to the house door or to the service door or taking out the garbage would certainly trip. So The plug is now strategically located for the driver and out of the way for everyone else. Cost was $740.
Not bad for the amount of work and amount of breakers and wiring needed. We also had to piggy back 4 breakers into 2 so there would be 4 open breaker spaces for the 240v. Our panel boxes are both side by side in the basement on the same side of the house as the garage but it was still about a 30 foot run from the circuit box to the outlet location. We paid $625. Worth every penny.

DC Metro and other congratulations on getting your builds! Does this message appear right under your VIN number or do we have to go digging for it?

Hopefully this was a train load of ICE cars that derailed last night in NY. Ten fully loaded rail cars destroyed in derailment last night.
Train derails, catches fire in New York state (PHOTOS)

The only picture of a car didn't look like a Tesla.

Wonderful!!! Looks like we are all about to get our beautiful new Teslas!!!!!! It's been fun! I am going to absolutely stay on this thread to see how everyone does with their new cars! My message changed today from "Your Tesla is currently in production" to this: "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory." There ARE no words! I cannot WAIT! I am happy for you too! Can't wait to see how your timeline turns out!

Super! Post some pictures when you take the delivery.

Reactions: CBPfromTN
Not bad for the amount of work and amount of breakers and wiring needed. We also had to piggy back 4 breakers into 2 so there would be 4 open breaker spaces for the 240v. Our panel boxes are both side by side in the basement on the same side of the house as the garage but it was still about a 30 foot run from the circuit box to the outlet location. We paid $625. Worth every penny.

I agree. That's a pretty good price for all the work done. BTW, did you guys get the wiring for 50 Amps (14-50) or 60 Amps so you can upgrade to tesla Wall charger at a later date? Just wondering...need to decide on that. Adds ~100 on top of the 50 Amp wiring. Thoughts?

I received an email from my DS this morning indicating my Model S is tentatively scheduled for delivery the week of March 18. Official status on the account page is still confirmed and scheduled for production.

Ordered 1/12
Confirmed 1/15
Received VIN 2/8

75d, solid black, premium black interior, carbon fiber, 21 inch wheels, PUP, enhanced autopilot. Destination Rocklin CA.

That is encouraging! I have been waiting to see the "in production" tag on my account page because my car should be in the production phase very soon (I ordered 01/15/18). We are driving over to Alpharetta, GA today to see family but I also will be checking in with our store manager for an update. Maybe the weekend will be doubly fun.

I agree. That's a pretty good price for all the work done. BTW, did you guys get the wiring for 50 Amps (14-50) or 60 Amps so you can upgrade to tesla Wall charger at a later date? Just wondering...need to decide on that. Adds ~100 on top of the 50 Amp wiring. Thoughts?

DC I would go with the 60 amp wiring #6. at some point you'll get a referral, or buy the wall charger, and go with the wall charger. You don't want to do it a second time. You'll be able to charge 33% faster as I recall.

Another post recommends going with the 100A sub panel so you can add a second charger for your second EV in the future. In my case it maybe a Model 3. He's got me thinking.

I just asked for the 40 amp circuit. I don't feel the need for the faster charge time or the added expense of the wall charger. Then there is the issue of service capacity, do have have enough room for the 50 amp circuit? If you have the room and there isn't a significant up charge for 10 more amps I suppose it would be nice to have the option to upgrade.
Sub-consciously you are thinking of two Teslas right?

DC I would go with the 60 amp wiring #6. at some point you'll get a referral, or buy the wall charger, and go with the wall charger. You don't want to do it a second time. You'll be able to charge 33% faster as I recall.

Another post recommends going with the 100A sub panel so you can add a second charger for your second EV in the future. In my case it maybe a Model 3. He's got me thinking.

Haha...already plan for the 2nd one..not bad. I have tons of space in my current panels and wiring would have to be done for 2nd one too...so will skip for 2nd but may just do the 60 AMP then.

DC when they pull the first one let them know you plan on a second line and have them pull a drag line for the second line. that should be a no cost change. You don't want to cut up the drywall a second time. When they do the second line they just tie to the drag line and pull it.

anyone if you have a 200 amp panel in your house the difference between the 50A plug or the 60A wall charger should not be a factor. Smaller service yes it would need to be considered. Here locally all new house are required to have 200A service. the larger homes have 400A. Way over kill to do anything you want.