Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, definitely a little strange to pay for a car I've never seen before (aside from test driving of course) but the process is consistent with what they laid out to me initially. Technically I think I'm buying a vehicle in CA that I will then have to register in TX since they don't allow direct sales here. So it probably can't leave the state of California until it's paid for. That said, I don't sign the final paperwork until delivery.

Anyone have color on typical delivery times to Texas (Austin)?

Did you have to pay the sales tax in California?

- - - Updated - - -

Just got an email from my DS saying that my car was finishing with production and time to pay up. Just coughed up the big bucks, so it's game on! She said it should go out on the next scheduled delivery truck once payment is confirmed :)

Now I get to agonize over how long it will take for shipping.
Hooray! Congrats!

And it shouldn't take too long. I got a horse delivered here in about 24 hours from Brenham and they have to stop and let them out occasionally!

Last edited:
That is awesome! So close.

Mine just updated this evening that I'm in transport from the factory, with delivery estimate of 10/14-10/21. DS tells me it takes on average about 6 days from CA to TX so I'm hoping its around the early end of this window.

Cheers to your new ride JenniferQ! You have a fun Thursday in front of you.

Just got my delivery appointment set for a week from today, 1pm! They loaded my car on the truck this morning, I'm told.

JenniferQ, to answer your question about CA taxes, no I didn't have pay them. That said, they are sending me CA temporary tags tomorrow so not exactly sure how Telsa handles that with CA. Once I register the car in Texas, however, I will have to pay 6.25% sales tax as part of the registration process.

Lucy, I think both JenniferQ and I had 2 week windows and both are looking like the early end of those windows for what it's worth!

I accepted delivery of my S90D yesterday. Here it is!!!!
tesladeliveryday.jpg

Just got my delivery appointment set for a week from today, 1pm! They loaded my car on the truck this morning, I'm told.

JenniferQ, to answer your question about CA taxes, no I didn't have pay them. That said, they are sending me CA temporary tags tomorrow so not exactly sure how Telsa handles that with CA. Once I register the car in Texas, however, I will have to pay 6.25% sales tax as part of the registration process.

Lucy, I think both JenniferQ and I had 2 week windows and both are looking like the early end of those windows for what it's worth!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

Notified of production started today!!!!!! Following spreadsheet predictions so far. Fingers crossed. 5 to 6 days of production, then ship to Las Vegas. Maybe 2 weeks? WOW
Order 9/17
Confirm 9/24
Build 10/7

70D

Happy to see some 70's are going into production. I ordered mine 4 days before you and still in the queue. What's you last 6 of your vin? Did you get a lot of options? What color? Just trying to make myself feel better as to why mine is not in production yet?

Looks like we are all in the same boat. Ordered by 70D on 9/17, confirmed on 9/24. In production queue the next day (9/25). FINALLY saw that status change today to "In Production". However, my Tesla rep told me on Monday that i was way into production, and already in paint. Not trusting the website. Assume I will be out of production soon and then will have the long trip to NJ. Based on Ceresma it will be 30 days for delivery. I'm so excited, and want my Tesla!

109396 Model S 70D | Pearl White | Pano Roof | 19" Wheels | Tan Leather Seats | Piano Black | Black Alcantara Headliner | Autopilot | Premium Interior & Lighting |