Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today! I got the usual goody bag of key fobs, umbrella, mugs, pen. I thought I hated the regenerative braking but a short drive on the freeway converted me and I enjoyed showing off the autopilot to my friends. I picked up my five year old at school (they do valet type pick up for the kindergarteners so they open the door for them) and the teacher tentatively approached my car and stood there confused for a moment. My kiddo went with me on the test drive and knew the features and said to the teacher "touch the handle and it will pop out!" The teacher did and she laughed. She opened the door and told me "the door handles are so fancy!"

My son invited a few friends over for a test drive and loved telling them all of the features. I think he might be a future tesla employee :D

- - - Updated - - -

Picking up my Model S this Friday!! Less than 4 weeks from confirmation to delivery. Don't know how I'll sleep these next 2 nights... :biggrin:

Congrats! I couldn't sleep last night I was so excited! The car lived up to expectations! I also own a 2010 ZR1 corvette and this was faster and more fun to drive! Let us know when you get it!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 131
Really Fast Process

Other than the initial 7-day cooling-off period, most updates occurred within only one business day. 20 business days total from order to delivery. Sweet!

11/10/2015 Down payment
11/17/2015 Order confirmed; part sourcing begun
11/18/2015 Assigned a VIN
11/19/2015 Loan financing applied
11/20/2015 Entered production queue
11/24/2015 Entered assembly line
12/05/2015 Production complete; 7-day delivery window
12/07/2015 Payment finalized; purchase agreement signed
12/08/2015 Factory inspection completed; 3-day delivery window
12/09/2015 In transit; delivery date set
12/10/2015 Delivery date

Counting the hours to tomorrow night!

S85D | Pano | Deep blue metallic | Grey next-gen seats | Glossy Obeche | VIN 117805

- - - Updated - - -

Other than the initial 7-day cooling-off period, most updates occurred within only one business day. 20 business days total from order to delivery. Sweet!

12/11/2015 Delivery date

Counting the hours to tomorrow night!

S85D | Pano | Deep blue metallic | Grey next-gen seats | Glossy Obeche | VIN 117805

That should have been 12/11/2015 delivery, not 12/10/2015. Just a typo. 21 business days total. Still awesome.

20151208_092008_resized.jpg

I have to admit that red from the photo above makes me a little jealous but the wife wasn't going to let me get another red car right now. I didn't really get to snap photos during pickup since things were melting down at work so I had to get out of there pretty quick with the car. On the plus side I have time to burn with work before the end of the year so I'll be finding ways to log miles as much as possible over December soon :)

{edit, no idea why the forum has to blow the photo up so much but whatever I guess heh}

Just got his text from my DES:
"your vehicle is nearing the end of production, so we can expect it to begin its trip in the next week!"

Today marks day 7 in production (Ordered 11/24/15)...I am barely handling the wait, I can't even imaging how you guys dealt with multi-month or multi-year waits for your car. I'm replacing a mini-van with a 70D and I've got all three kids (4yr,2yr,2yr) asking about the Tesla already. The 4yr old calls the rear seat his rocket seat.

Anyways, this is my first post, and this board has been an excellent resource and distraction from my waiting!

Took delivery of my Model S today! I still have the Tesla grin on my face! I got a grab bag full of swag including: leather key fob holders, (ask for little landyard strings if you want to keep the key fob bare--they have mini ones they can give you), coffee mug, license plate frame, hats, pen, pin, umbrella, microfiber cleaning cloth. I ended up teaching my DS a thing or two about the Model S, including a few easter eggs. Many thanks to everyone on TMC for keeping me informed and sane up until delivery. Unfortunately they ran out of bows, so I didn't get to cross that off my bucket list. Apparently, someone drove off with one! I guess I'll have to wait until I upgrade to a P90D to get that bow :biggrin:

IMG_3465-1.jpg
IMG_3459.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Probably wasn't you, but I'm currently in Houston TX and I saw a black Model S earlier today on I10 headed west near hedwig village.
Also saw a white one! Nice to see electric cars in oil country

That probably was me! I was on auto pilot the whole way home. My wife said its her favorite feature...

I placed my order very late on Thursday night (12-10-15) and had my VIN assigned less than 24 hours later: 121329. Tesla called yesterday to introduce my DS and go over the process. Also, yesterday I applied for financing through Tesla and was approved. They anticipate that there is a good chance my car will be delivered in December but that would mean exactly three weeks from order date to delivery date! I'd prefer a December delivery for tax reasons but I'm totally fine with a January delivery, too.

I updated the TMC order & delivery sheet w/ my info & VIN. After years of saving and planning, it's very exciting to be here!