Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
same here can't wait to get my car so I can then immediately be without it again for 4-5 days :( though it will be worth it once its got full PPF for my piece of mind!:cool:

OT but can I ask how much you got quoted for full PPF wrap? Quotes around Boston are ~6k for full xpel plus $1200 for opticoat plus. Sounds crazy expensive but two places quoted me the similar range. I think I might just do it as you said for piece of mind!

Took delivery today. Totally worth the wait.

IMG_2868.jpg
IMG_2977.jpg

My DS told me today the latest cars are being delivered with a new version of the Goodyear Eagle that is quieter than what they were using before. I'm a bit disappointed, from what I've read the Michelins would have been better in the winter around here.
I had the Eagles on my 60, but I have to say something is different, because I don't hear the road at ALL in this car.

Congrats on the car @eclipxe! Looks great! It is so wonderful to start to see a lot of deliveries of the refreshed S.

I have a little over 24 hours left before I pick mine up. However They let me borrow an X to test out my home chargers and make sure everything worked before delivery. It made for a very fun day to try to take my mind off the delivery coming up. But I don't think there will be much sleep tonight.

Thanks Erik

Okay, I've been lurking on this form for weeks so I figure it's time to jump in. 75D | AP | Next Gen | UHFS | 19 Slips | MidSilver | Pano. Confirmed 4/26 in Los Angeles and still in prod cue a.k.a. purgatory. Crazy reading the wide range of experiences people are having terms of delivery. I will say that unlike some of the other posters here, my DS has been very responsive, returning emails within a couple of hours so I feel fortunate there. When I checked in with him yesterday he replied, "I do expect production to begin in the coming days". Hope he's not blowing smoke!

Reactions: NikeWings
@YvesV yes picking up in Paramus NJ. VIN 1414xx and still not in prod as of this morning :(:confused:, they don't have red paint in stock anymore :mad:?
yup me too, picking up in Paramus. I got the 90D Titanium Metallic... I'm sorry about your news, I just got an Email from DS stating that my MS is slated for completion early June and that by Truck seems to be the shipment method that will be used and that he'll contact me once the car is ready for transport.
I'll wait till next week, something should surface by then... I'll let you know when I know anything else... ran out of paint, I don't like that excuse, it's a huge manufacturer and they run out of paint, I don't know... you would think they would plan way and way ahead, but hey who knows...

So a quick update on the car:
After taking delivery for two days I had to tow the car for a 12 V battery error. They changed the battery and converter but then noticed it was the main charging unit. Today I got a message that a bolt was worn out while removing the seat and it has to go to the body shop. Super bummed and hope to get it back soon.
Huge bummer. Do they always give you a loaner when they have to keep the car for service for more than a few hours?

After taking delivery for two days I had to tow the car for a 12 V battery error. They changed the battery and converter but then noticed it was the main charging unit. Today I got a message that a bolt was worn out while removing the seat and it has to go to the body shop. Super bummed and hope to get it back soon.
Bummer :(

I hope they're taking care of you from a customer service standpoint. Keep us updated on what happens!

What a heartbreak after waiting so long. Hope they resolve it soon take good care of you along the way!

Certainly hope so. Siblings!

Oh noooooo. Hopefully you will soon be back in the drivers seat.