Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little disappointed in my delivery experience. They had to truck it to me for tax reasons.
No schwag at all. The driver asked if there was a gift bag inside, I said "no". He said he would mention it to them. I will never see so much as a coffee mug I guarantee.
I asked that they install the iPhone connector for me. They didn't.
Even though the car was on the lot from Friday till Tuesday it still showed up badged and ranged as a 70D even though I paid for the upgrade. Even after a day of ownership it is still range limited as a 70D.
I didn't even get a zero emissions front plate.
I saw the previous picture of the onslaught of cars at the Dedham store but still. Come on guys.
This isn't their fault but My Tesla app still doesn't work. That should work when you buy the car, not some promised anywhere from a few hours to days.
Did they give you a timeline for the 70 to 75 upgrade? Im still waiting on mine. I have had the car since 6/3 and still says 70 and 75... even though I paid 3k for the upgrade!

Wow, I got an automated email at 12:52AM that said My Model S is in production!!!! Yay, 1 month after confirmation to the day.

Now, crossing my fingers and hoping I'm one of those that finishes production in a few days and not over weeks of agony :)
Now the factory is not opened 24/7 producing cars is it? I did get my confirmation at what I would say would be 4:25 AM PST time on Monday - 6/6. So it pays to wonder when did the production process actually start and how far along are they before releasing that E-mail message (if they had even started - maybe it works backwards, you get the message, then they start). So many unknowns. there's no rhyme on how this all works at all. For some people, it's two days, for some others it's weeks, some get their VIN a month even two months before going into production while some others get that to that state in a few weeks and even receive their cars. It's like one made house...

Now the factory is not opened 24/7 producing cars is it? I did get my confirmation at what I would say would be 4:25 AM PST time on Monday - 6/6. So it pays to wonder when did the production process actually start and how far along are they before releasing that E-mail message (if they had even started - maybe it works backwards, you get the message, then they start). So many unknowns. there's no rhyme on how this all works at all. For some people, it's two days, for some others it's weeks, some get their VIN a month even two months before going into production while some others get that to that state in a few weeks and even receive their cars. It's like one made house...
I agree! None of this makes sense. When you think you have figured something out regarding production you get blindsided with something else. Lol

I'm still patiently waiting (somewhat patiently waiting). Car went into production on 5/20 and still no word. DS hasn't returned my email. He said he was going to call me either Friday of last week or Monday of this week. He's MIA. :(

I agree! None of this makes sense. When you think you have figured something out regarding production you get blindsided with something else. Lol

I'm still patiently waiting (somewhat patiently waiting). Car went into production on 5/20 and still no word. DS hasn't returned my email. He said he was going to call me either Friday of last week or Monday of this week. He's MIA. :(
Maybe call the center and ask to speak with another DS?

Reactions: vtvox
Spoke with my DS today. Last week he told me that my Model S was supposed to arrive at the East Coast Rail hub today, the 7th, with a 48-72 hour truck ride to the Service Center, but that doesn't seem to have been the case. He told me today that he expected it to arrive at the Service Center some time over the weekend and asked if a Friday (the 17th) delivery would be okay. I'm due for vacation on Friday, however, so we managed to push it to Thursday with the possibility of moving it forward a few days if the Model S arrives sooner than expected (fingers crossed). My delivery window was June 1st - June 15th, so we might overshoot it by a day.

Regarding my DS' service, I've had nothing but a great experience. His responsiveness has been excellent and he never fails to return emails within 6 hours. I email (pester) him once or twice a week and he always answers my stupid questions with no hint of intolerance. My experience at the Service Center mirrors his courtesy and respect. Much love for the Tysons Service Center!

I also want to add that my DS at Tysons is always very helpful and replies quickly. I don't bother her as much as I think others do here. Maybe an email every couple of weeks if I have a question.

I havent heard of any waiting period to apply Xpel, Opticoat etc. Many owners take their vehicles to a detailer immediately after delivery.

The recommendations from some of these film manufacturers state to wait for the paint to be fully cured. A process that can take up to a month. On here I see many get it done immediately, if this is a problem or not might only show when its time to remove the film which could bring with it the paint etc.

• Informative
Reactions: LAN1017
I havent heard of any waiting period to apply Xpel, Opticoat etc. Many owners take their vehicles to a detailer immediately after delivery.
It's my understanding, the sooner the better (so there's no "new" damage to the paint before the protection), but once I'm in transport mode, I'll figure it out. Of course it also depends on how backlogged the coating company is. But, maybe they'll start with the windows (to give a few extra paint curing days).

Reactions: vtvox and rcsting
Looks like I've been lucky with my DS. Most of the time, I get email responses within 24 hours (usually less, and sometimes as short as 15 minutes). I haven't bugged her too much--mostly response to her. I only "inquired" once about production date since she originally told me the production date on my 4/23 confirm was going to be 5/20. I emailed her to confirm that production had not started without being too whiney.

And, it looks like she's provided me more detailed information than some of the others. Thanks, Whitney!

Reactions: vtvox
You've been so patient! And I'm counting on the fact that you're one of the ones that will be on the same truck to Houston.
Rhyder=patience! Maybe you can convince my wife of that...or not:rolleyes:.

However, just got an email from Whitney. She said that my production is likely next week and hopefully our batch of cars will arrive the week of 6/27. That's a thumbs up!

Rhyder=patience! Maybe you can convince my wife of that...or not:rolleyes:.

However, just got an email from Whitney. She said that my production is likely next week and hopefully our batch of cars will arrive the week of 6/27. That's a thumbs up!
I figured that the truck would be leaving sometime around the 20th (which would make sense if you go into production on the 13th) to arrive the week of the 27th. She's been telling me either the week of the 20th or the week of the 27th since mid-May.

Reactions: Rhyder