Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So did you guys notice that the Model S 70 is no longer available online on Tesla website? The base model is now 60 and for a 9k upgrade you goes to 75.

Crazy! :eek:

Hah. I'm picking up my classic S70 today at 2! Actually, I feel pretty lucky. I ordered before the refresh and price increase and am getting the refresh. So really, I saved $4,500 over the configuration I would get if I ordered today. I don't need the 75 over the 70 but can always add it later.

So did you guys notice that the Model S 70 is no longer available online on Tesla website? The base model is now 60 and for a 9k upgrade you goes to 75.

Crazy! :eek:
The bridge to the Model 3...starting to make an appeal to the masses.

Yep. need to secure those reservation holders with an alternative if production cant ramp or impatience (whats that?) gets in the way.

Reactions: LAN1017
Confirmed 4/7
Production start - end 5/26-5/28
In transit 5/28

I contacted my DS yesterday via phone, didn't get an email response. Again, I was told everything is normal with my order, no delay and the car is on its way. So I finally had it and went off on him. Everything is for sure not normal when other people who ordered a week or two after me are already driving their car happily for a week or two! And that I want more concrete answers than it will be here when it's here!
He finally got off his butt and sent me an email 30 minutes later after contacting logistics and told me the car is momentarily in Tennessee and will arrive at the train hub in Alabama this weekend. He also said he prioritized my car to be the first being moved on the truck and then down to Florida. Expected arrival at the store is Tue or Wed and estimated delivery next week Friday. I FINALLY GOT SOME ANSWERS!

While I am super happy for everyone who has received their MS already, this was more than frustrating especially when you don't get any information out of the DS and it seems they don't put any effort into getting information. And what a surprise, after I finally had enough and told him what I think about the whole delivery experience he's finally able to get me some kind of information I can at least live with. Ugh!

Anyways, with a little bit of luck I have the car next week Friday after a 2 1/2 months, teeth pulling, excruciating waiting period.

Reactions: vtvox and newtman
Confirmed 4/7
Production start - end 5/26-5/28
In transit 5/28

I contacted my DS yesterday via phone, didn't get an email response. Again, I was told everything is normal with my order, no delay and the car is on its way. So I finally had it and went off on him. Everything is for sure not normal when other people who ordered a week or two after me are already driving their car happily for a week or two! And that I want more concrete answers than it will be here when it's here!
He finally got off his butt and sent me an email 30 minutes later after contacting logistics and told me the car is momentarily in Tennessee and will arrive at the train hub in Alabama this weekend. He also said he prioritized my car to be the first being moved on the truck and then down to Florida. Expected arrival at the store is Tue or Wed and estimated delivery next week Friday. I FINALLY GOT SOME ANSWERS!

While I am super happy for everyone who has received their MS already, this was more than frustrating especially when you don't get any information out of the DS and it seems they don't put any effort into getting information. And what a surprise, after I finally had enough and told him what I think about the whole delivery experience he's finally able to get me some kind of information I can at least live with. Ugh!

Anyways, with a little bit of luck I have the car next week Friday after a 2 1/2 months, teeth pulling, excruciating waiting period.
This was definitely very odd, I'm glad it's about to end with you in your car very soon, finally!

Reactions: Alex D

You have the right to be frustrated. It's their job to increase or maintain your satisfaction, not decrease it. Some just don't seem to take the job seriously, and I think that's not a good thing for Tesla. Their technology is awesome, but it's completely propping up their customer service with some of these DSs. Is that what they are banking on? Not sure.

My case I still find strange because while I did receive 2 proactive status emails from my DS earlier in the delivery cycle, any and all emails to him were completely ignored at all times. And I had no real need to contact him until it was "go time" meaning the car was either enroute (how and when to pick it up) and on location (when to pick up, updating docs, finalizing docs, etc). Nothing.

At that point, a second DS kind of took over, and she's been proactive and responsive and what I'd expect with a $100k impending financial transaction. Still haven't heard from the original DS dude. Maybe he's on vacation? Who knows even the loan agent doesn't know what's up with him. Oh well ... at least it resolved. I only convey this because you just got unlucky ... maybe had the same guy as I had ... and it's not a myth some of the DSs are awesome and others are basically unhelpful.

• Disagree
Reactions: newtman
It's interesting to read some folks doing the wrap and others the opticoat and some both. I'm not sure what I'll ultimately go with. I'll have to weigh the costs and how the detailer assesses my needs ... which I guess I'm not clear on either because which level of protection and price point will make me the most happy. Do I need to wrap the entire car, or just the hood and nose? Am I concerned about scratches, appearance, or maybe something more like rock chips or wildly opened doors flung open?
Seems like the opticoat will get the shine, protect from bird poop, and minor door dings and scratches. I'm talking about the $1200 opticoat plus w the 7 year warranty.
The wrap (sounds like there are 2 main ones, nanofusion and xpel ... forgive the newb speak) is basically a film that offers more protection, maybe even from rock chips. And it also protects the paint of course, maybe adding to shine as well. And it sounds like it'll cost a lot more than opticoat.
I'm laying it out here bc this is what I'm thinking on right now ... probably other soon-to-be owners are on that wavelength as well.

It's interesting to read some folks doing the wrap and others the opticoat and some both. I'm not sure what I'll ultimately go with. I'll have to weigh the costs and how the detailer assesses my needs ... which I guess I'm not clear on either because which level of protection and price point will make me the most happy. Do I need to wrap the entire car, or just the hood and nose? Am I concerned about scratches, appearance, or maybe something more like rock chips or wildly opened doors flung open?
Seems like the opticoat will get the shine, protect from bird poop, and minor door dings and scratches. I'm talking about the $1200 opticoat plus w the 7 year warranty.
The wrap (sounds like there are 2 main ones, nanofusion and xpel ... forgive the newb speak) is basically a film that offers more protection, maybe even from rock chips. And it also protects the paint of course, maybe adding to shine as well. And it sounds like it'll cost a lot more than opticoat.
I'm laying it out here bc this is what I'm thinking on right now ... probably other soon-to-be owners are on that wavelength as well.
Regarding the wrap, it will certainly help against rock chips and general abrasion. My original thought was to do the front bumper and mirrors (and maybe the hood) only, but then the refresh came to be. Suddenly, there were painted rocker panels that need it too. And looking at my current car, what about rock damage on the flares forward of the rear wheels...or on the fenders? And don't people sometimes scrape the paint loading and unloading the trunk? So, I kept adding film until I basically had the whole car covered, the price be damned.

Sigh...do you think I have a problem?:confused:

Regarding the wrap, it will certainly help against rock chips and general abrasion. My original thought was to do the front bumper and mirrors (and maybe the hood) only, but then the refresh came to be. Suddenly, there were painted rocker panels that need it too. And looking at my current car, what about rock damage on the flares forward of the rear wheels...or on the fenders? And don't people sometimes scrape the paint loading and unloading the trunk? So, I kept adding film until I basically had the whole car covered, the price be damned.

Sigh...do you think I have a problem?:confused:
Rhyder, I think you and I have been somewhat on the same wavelength as far as wraps and such. I suspect we even talked to the same guy. Although, I'm not so sure about doing the modesta over the wrap. From playing around with the wrap, it seemed pretty hydrophobic.

I'm a little blue today. I'm trading in my celery green Camry hybrid (pretty distinct looking car) . . . I don't want the headache of selling it and I really don't have a need for it. Since we're in a non-direct sales state, I have to give it up before I get my final purchase agreement. So, it's off today. I figure my new car should be done being built over the weekend . . . which is when the DS said the purchase agreement would be ready.

But, without my green car, I think the reality will be here. It's kind of like when I had to tear down my old 20s bungalow . . . we built a nice, efficient bigger house with lots of techie amenities. But I still miss the old house and was sad to see it go. My new car will be nicer, more efficient, bigger, and have more amenities, but it won't be the same. My husband has been chuckling with his boss about my predicament.

My Model S 90D finished its production yesterday, and my DS told me the earliest pick-up date is next 6/15 Wednesday.
My Tesla page shows the delivery window is 6/11-6/18, but it requires a pre-delivery inspection and Monday/Tuesday is fully booked.
I had to choose 6/15 Wednesday for pick-up and I'm super excited to be the owner of Model S soon!

FYI, My VIN is 143XXX and the delivery is after a month and 9 days since I order.
Can't wait!

Rhyder, I think you and I have been somewhat on the same wavelength as far as wraps and such. I suspect we even talked to the same guy. Although, I'm not so sure about doing the modesta over the wrap. From playing around with the wrap, it seemed pretty hydrophobic.

I'm a little blue today. I'm trading in my celery green Camry hybrid (pretty distinct looking car) . . . I don't want the headache of selling it and I really don't have a need for it. Since we're in a non-direct sales state, I have to give it up before I get my final purchase agreement. So, it's off today. I figure my new car should be done being built over the weekend . . . which is when the DS said the purchase agreement would be ready.

But, without my green car, I think the reality will be here. It's kind of like when I had to tear down my old 20s bungalow . . . we built a nice, efficient bigger house with lots of techie amenities. But I still miss the old house and was sad to see it go. My new car will be nicer, more efficient, bigger, and have more amenities, but it won't be the same. My husband has been chuckling with his boss about my predicament.
Understand. The very first car I fell in love with was...a Honda CRX. A blast to drive and 35mpg (a long, long time ago). That was a dozen cars ago and I still have a picture of me standing next to it in the great snow of '86.

Hope your car gets built this weekend. Still waiting for my update to production. Next week probably...

Just Checked My Tesla... :eek:Your estimated delivery window is June 11, 2016 - June 25, 2016.:rolleyes::D talking to my DS yesterday I was told it would most likely be here next week for pickup can't wait!!

And this morning it updated to Your estimated delivery window is June 11, 2016 - June 18, 2016 looks like its next week for sure now!!!! :D:D:cool::cool: