Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, the photos are on my husband's phone.

Delivery was pretty smooth. Uber arrived promptly and we arrived about 15 minutes before the appointment time.

We went through part of the paperwork before we went thorough all the items on the touchscreen.

Got the standard swag: mug, umbrella, pen, and lapel pin in a black gift bag with logo tissue. I had received a shopping bag and 2 caps when I ordered at the Gallery.

Finished charging at the Supercharger. The app was working within 5 minutes after I accepted the car.

Drove it to the movies this evening. It's off to get its wrap and tint tomorrow. Fortunately when we were driving home, there were clouds. Bad news was it started raining. But I know the windshield wipers work.

Mine is at the detailer now, having Expel and CQuartz finest applied. Won't see it again until after work on Monday and I feel like I abandoned my child somewhere....Timing is less than ideal, but I wanted it protected for the planned road trip to LA next weekend..

<Sniff>...miss the feel of pure adrenaline when i gently squeeze that pedal...
That doesn't sound too long. I drop
Mine is off tomorrow for its costs and probably won't get it back until after Wednesday.

Pretty psyched. Factory delivery. Orientation a little rushed but good. Factory tour was really cool. Took the 2:00 tour with one other family. Probably 50 people there for the 3:00. Looked over the car really carefully and it was in great shape. Now for the opti coat pro plus. 20160624_134550.jpg View attachment 18260

Attachments

• 20160624_130228.jpg
    20160624_130228.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 80
All, first thanks to everyone who posted there experience on this site. I have been reading about people's experiences for over year and half and dreamed of buying a tesla one day. Finally the day came after so much planning and on 7/20 placed the "order button" had my wife hit the button as I was nervous and knew I would not be able to sleep for days/weeks

Let the restless sleeping time begin....

Order day 7-20
Order confirmation - nothing yet :-(

I am in Maryland anyone know the timeframe for delivery???

Last any MD residents know of the typical cost for the outlet I am getting range from $450-3500 even tough my eletric plane is located in the garage so it's a simple install.

Last, is there a rebate state grant for wall charger from tesla? I know the eletric work is but the charger???

All, first thanks to everyone who posted there experience on this site. I have been reading about people's experiences for over year and half and dreamed of buying a tesla one day. Finally the day came after so much planning and on 7/20 placed the "order button" had my wife hit the button as I was nervous and knew I would not be able to sleep for days/weeks

Order day 7-20

Last any MD residents know of the typical cost for the outlet I am getting range from $450-3500 even tough my eletric plane is located in the garage so it's a simple install.

Last, is there a rebate state grant for wall charger from tesla? I know the eletric work is but the charger???

I planned on getting three estimates for the garage electrical work, but the first guy, a older gentleman who owns hid own company say $300 and I said YES!

Order day 7-20

Tesla will confirm after 7 days. If you're sure you want to lock in you can make contact with them and ask them to confirm immediately. Check out the second post on this thread, there is a link to a Google doc that shows the long history of deliveries members have posted. Post yours up for others to see!

I'm on the East coast, here's my experience:
Order: 5/7
Confirm: 5/14
VIN: 5/15
Prod start: 6/17
Prod End: 6/23
Tesla is looking to get the delivery in this quarter so it's on a truck scheduled to be on the East coast 6/28-6/30.

3500 is on the high side if the panel is in the garage. Are they quotes for the same thing? NEMA 15-50 outlet? None are including an actual connector?

Not exactly sure if an extra mobile connector would apply under the IRS / MD guidelines (which I believe are the same), but the wall connector would qualify as Electric Vehicle Service Equipment (...consult your tax professional...). You may look at that instead of an outlet, around the same price.

Order day 7-20

If all you need is the 14-50 outlet go with the cheapest from an electrician that seems professional. I wouldn't pay more $500. I had some electrical work to get the 14-50 installed and might try to ask for the refund from MD, but I think one of the docs is the invoice of the charger and don't really have that since I am using the mobile one. Order gets confirmed in 7 to 8 days, you still have some to go, go to my tesla they have timeframes and expectations laid out.

Good news... I saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico.

Oh, and I took delivery on Tuesday. The car is awesome and I spent my first hour and a half in the most relaxing rush hour ever. I spend my time either driving like Miss Daisy on autopilot or like Mario Andretti. I'm sure I'll settle down in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I had to expose it to a horrible Chicago storm on Wednesday night, but luckily there was no hail.

I was a little underwhelmed with the delivery experience (no swag, car was not charged, DS pawned me off to a Jr resource, etc). Likely just has to do with it being a quarter end and I'm not losing sign of the big picture (new car!).

The only bad thing is my wall charger died after two charges, so I'm writing this from the local supercharger.