Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally!!! My Tesla dashboard was updated between 11:30 PM last night and 6:30 this morning with car in production!

Here are some additional key dates & modification information.

Ordered on Oct 7, held per pending announcement on Oct 10
Confirmed on Oct 15, then again on 17, then again on 24
VIN on Oct 17
Modified on 10/27 (upgrade from AP to Enhanced Autopilot)
Current Delivery window is Late November - December

Updated the spreadsheet:Model S Order & Delivery 2016

Happy Thanksgiving, all. I for one have a lot to be thankful for and this great news is certainly one of them!:D:D:D

Reactions: HumanGenome
Was supposed to pick up on Saturday but got snuck in for an early pickup yesterday! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

YX30L9o.jpg

E5vILZz.jpg

OnNdbbb.jpg

Congratulations! I see it's a P100DL !!! I am SO jealous/envious. LOL ( I have ordered the same thing)! You gotta tell me about it. I imagine you took people for rides in it yesterday? How quick does it feel? The closest thing they had down here to test drive was a Model X P90D? It was quick enough to make my head spin from the driver's seat!

Was supposed to pick up on Saturday but got snuck in for an early pickup yesterday! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

YX30L9o.jpg

E5vILZz.jpg

OnNdbbb.jpg

Congratulations! I see it's a P100DL !!! I am SO jealous/envious. LOL ( I have ordered the same thing)! You gotta tell me about it. I imagine you took people for rides in it yesterday? How quick does it feel? The closest thing they had down here to test drive was a Model X P90D? It was quick enough to make my head spin from the driver's seat!

I'm interested too. I only got a chance to drive a 75D and it was pretty underwhelming. I've had some really fast cars in the past so hoping the P100D lives up to the hype.

Disclaimer: I am coming from a Nissan Altima so my experience might be a bit bias considering it's my first real performance vehicle.

It is like a roller coaster and everyone has been loving it. I've put on about 325 miles so far.

The main topic of conversation was the Tesla for Thanksgiving and it was amazing how many questions everyone had.

I am losing my voice a bit on how much people have asked about it. It really is a surreal experience. People are coming up to the car in the parking lot, some have taken pictures, a kid asked me for a ride out of blue.

Supercharging the first time was awesome, did a 15 minute charge in Folsom, CA at the movie theater and added on 100 miles.

Driving next to an Audi R8 weaving down the mountain at night from Tahoe, CA into Sacramento was also pretty crazy. Felt weird that I was driving a comparable performance car and was able to show off a bit of the torque (although no launch as we were not at a halt) to the other driver. It grips sooo well even in sub freezing temperatures. Can't wait to take it up to the snow!

When the car is in sport mode it can still beat most anything off the line and doing 50+ mph but it's not as intense. The real thrill is the zero to 60 which alone is an amazing adrenaline rush. I picked up a buddy of mine this morning and we were a bit tired from late nights out with our families. Did a few zero to 60 launches in ludicrous and we were laughing and going crazy after the first pull. The feeling is incredibly addictive. I am glad that Sport mode is the default, I can't imagine driving around and having the temptation of launching with ludicrous at every stop light.

Now for the slight annoyances:

1) As others have mentioned, the disabling of features is a bummer. I am having a bit too much fun to worry about that yet though.

2) The door chrome matching issue is present in my vehicle. Not really a huge concern though. Noted that at delivery and my DS said he'd be calling me to have it brought in to be fixed.

3) I had a hard screen freeze the first night. Had to force reboot HUD/display.

4) GPS was stuck at Fremont factory address.

Had a software update out of the factory which fixed 3 & 4 (for now at least, crossing fingers)

Reactions: Vger and EinSV
Out of curiosity, what fast cars have you had?

Fastest were a 2003 911 Turbo with an ECU flash and a few other minor modifications and a heavily modified 2001 Mustang Bullit (like the movie). Both pulled low 11s on street tires in the 1/4 mile with no launch control. The Mustang would run high 10s on slicks and skinnies.

My days of going to drag strips are years behind me, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the P100D feels on the street.

Fastest were a 2003 911 Turbo with an ECU flash and a few other minor modifications and a heavily modified 2001 Mustang Bullit (like the movie). Both pulled low 11s on street tires in the 1/4 mile with no launch control. The Mustang would run high 10s on slicks and skinnies.

My days of going to drag strips are years behind me, but I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how the P100D feels on the street.

You are going to be blown away. The electric drive train is like nothing else and 100% torque at zero RPM feels like you have been launched from some sort of illegal (feels like it should be illegal anyway) electric catapult device. Amusement park rides are not as thrilling.

Let me know if I was correct when you get it. :)

Mike

Reactions: Vger
You are going to be blown away. The electric drive train is like nothing else and 100% torque at zero RPM feels like you have been launched from some sort of illegal (feels like it should be illegal anyway) electric catapult device. Amusement park rides are not as thrilling.

Let me know if I was correct when you get it. :)

Mike

This was much more eloquently put than what I wrote. This man understands.

Reactions: Vger and NOLA_Mike

That is quick! Other than the test drive, I think the fastest I've ever been in a car was in my Pantera before I, umm, "damaged it". <grin> I think that car was probably running high 11's at that time. I suspect the Tesla will be quicker out of the hole than your cars, (at least on street tires), and probably for quite a distance as well? Your cars must have had trap speeds in the 130's or high 120's? It would then seem for you that the acceleration won't be quite as shocking, (no pun intended), as it is or will be for the rest of us. LOL