Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, wanted to share the timeline for my custom ordered S 75D thus far:
Ordered: 10/29/17
Confirmed: 11/01/17
Production started: 12/12/17
Production completed: 12/18/17

DS said the car left the factory on 12/20 and we've scheduled a delivery on 12/22. Pick-up at the Bellevue store.
Friday can't get here soon enough!

Reactions: nycmike
pic taken this AM in the Chicago suburbs. they're coming! hang in there people!

sUwoxaY.jpg

Decided on an S75D

Ordered: 10/12
Confirmed: 10/15
VIN: Early November
Entered Production: 12/4
Original Delivery Date: 12/18
Updated Delivery Date: 12/26

Picking up at the SLC Service Center.

I've been looking forward to this car, and was super dissapointed when I got the call the day before my original delivery saying that there were logistics problems with truck transports, and they would need to reschedule. My DS has been great via phone, but emailing never seemed to get any consistent response. Car is still showing as 'In Production' on the website, and I'm nervous it won't show up in time for the 26th either.

Reactions: atsnyr and nycmike
Scheduled for pickup tomorrow, status is still "In transit from factory". Keeping my fingers crossed.

Ordered 10/30
Confirmed 11/1
Scheduled for delivery Sat. 12/23 (makes a nice Christmas present).

The folks at the Walt Whitman Mall showroom have been great and spot-on as far as timings are concerned.
The DS also has been very informative. So far, a great experience.

Reactions: atsnyr and nycmike
Ordered 10/30
Confirmed 11/1
Scheduled for delivery Sat. 12/23 (makes a nice Christmas present).

The folks at the Walt Whitman Mall showroom have been great and spot-on as far as timings are concerned.
The DS also has been very informative. So far, a great experience.

A Tesla for Xmas sounds wonderful. I'd continue to follow up with your DS during the expected date the vehicle will be dropped off at the delivery center. You may be able to pick it up a day earlier or be forced to pick up later if something comes up.

Well, I went to pick it up at around 5:15pm. Springfield Tesla was busy as heck, apparently doing 17 deliveries per day. Since I agreed to pick it up earlier, car was not detailed as much as it normally would be. Other than some very light scratches (rushed cleaning job), the car was awesome! I did not go through a checklist of any kind, just whatever my DS (John was great) was showing/teaching me, took just a couple of pics and left an hour later. My drive home was only 5 minutes, glorious 5 minutes.

Few observations:
- I was surprised that Summon feature was available to me with EAP, I thought I needed FSD upgrade for that.
- Firmware was v8.1 (2017.46.8) and I had a msg to upgrade it. I'll check later today if update went through.
- Glad I went with cream interior.
- Gen 2 UMC only uses 32Amps giving me 23 miles/hr instead of 29 I was expecting.
- Car looks huge in my garage (compared to my Acura TL), be careful with garage doors if you plan on opening the trunk!
- So many options and settings to play with!
- Web browser sucks
- It's a spaceship

It's staying in the garage for now, at least till I get paint protection on. Have an appointment with Signature Detailing for tomorrow morning and getting it back on Saturday.

upload_2017-12-21_12-9-12.png

at home:
upload_2017-12-21_12-10-18.png

upload_2017-12-21_12-12-43.png

Last edited:
Well, I went to pick it up at around 5:15pm. Springfield Tesla was busy as heck, apparently doing 17 deliveries per day. Since I agreed to pick it up earlier, car was not detailed as much as it normally would be. Other than some very light scratches (rushed cleaning job), the car was awesome! I did not go through a checklist of any kind, just whatever my DS (John was great) was showing/teaching me, took just a couple of pics and left an hour later. My drive home was only 5 minutes, glorious 5 minutes.

Few observations:
- I was surprised that Summon feature was available to me with EAP, I thought I needed FSD upgrade for that.
- Firmware was v8.1 (2017.46.8) and I had a msg to upgrade it. I'll check later today if update went through.
- Glad I went with cream interior.
- Gen 2 UMC only uses 32Amps giving me 23 miles/hr instead of 29 I was expecting.
- Car looks huge in my garage (compared to my Acura TL), be careful with garage doors if you plan on opening the trunk!
- So many options and settings to play with!
- Web browser sucks
- It's a spaceship

It's staying in the garage for now, at least till I get paint protection on. Have an appointment with Signature Detailing for tomorrow morning and getting it back on Saturday.

View attachment 267951

at home:
View attachment 267952
View attachment 267954View attachment 267951 View attachment 267952 View attachment 267954
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks beautiful!!!

wow my car is in production now !!!!! I'm the the bay area . Our time ( California orders ) have finally come . :p

Ordered in person @ Fremont Factory 10/13/2017
Confirmed 10/17/2017
Vin: 11/1/2017
In Production : 12/16/2017
Tentative Delivery Date Scheduled : 12/27/2017
everyday i refreshed the page crazy...after so many days my status show it is still in production. any good news from your side?

everyday i refreshed the page crazy...after so many days my status show it is still in production. any good news from your side?

When is your production date ? i've email and called my DS , he said no words from production team yet but i should still be on schedule for December 27th !!!! I'm beyond excited , all financed are completed.

BTW do you guys know how to get that red ribbon on top of the car haha i see some people have it on their Model S during delivery . It would be nice to have it .

When is your production date ? i've email and called my DS , he said no words from production team yet but i should still be on schedule for December 27th !!!! I'm beyond excited , all financed are completed.

BTW do you guys know how to get that red ribbon on top of the car haha i see some people have it on their Model S during delivery . It would be nice to have it .
website showed that it went in production on Dec16.....