Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I was switched back to a previous DS and checked this morning, I have a new DS. Also, because my car is being direct shipped, their won't be a DS with the car when it's delivered, but they assured me that "everything will be perfect" when I receive the car...

When I asked what my course of action is if I find any issues with the car, she just said "take pictures and let us know", but when I asked for more specific detail about the path to getting it fixed, there was nothing given.

And I'm pretty sure that the car won't be delivered in the timeline they told me. It sounds like it will be 2-3 weeks late. Not impressed with that.

So I was switched back to a previous DS and checked this morning, I have a new DS. Also, because my car is being direct shipped, their won't be a DS with the car when it's delivered, but they assured me that "everything will be perfect" when I receive the car...

When I asked what my course of action is if I find any issues with the car, she just said "take pictures and let us know", but when I asked for more specific detail about the path to getting it fixed, there was nothing given.

And I'm pretty sure that the car won't be delivered in the timeline they told me. It sounds like it will be 2-3 weeks late. Not impressed with that.

Not sure if there is a local service center there but in Fremont they provided a mobile service that came to my house to resolve the cosmetic issues as well as reset my TPMS. They are really good on delivering service on time ...they also have a appointment scheduling system on the portal that can help you align to a time and date that works. I haven't had any issues yet other than my battery at 90% losing 5 miles of range after 1000 miles.

Reactions: JamesMT
Gotcha... You'd think they made it automatic by now
Nope! At least not from many of the stories I’ve read and heard. I was one of the lucky ones that got updates on the website that seemed to actually coincide with what was actually happening. But now that you have a delivery date, the website updates don’t matter. Good luck and congrats! I’m at almost a week with my car and it’s a dream!!!

Reactions: MarkKW
Got my car! Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner but I had a wedding to attend and everything.

I got to the dealer at ten am when they opened. I signed paperwork for about five minutes and they gave me a quick walk around and answered any questions I had. Overall I was out in less than an hour and would have been faster if I didn't lose my key fob. There is a "place of no return" that's located between the cup holders and cubby and literally will hide anything that goes in lol.

Overall, I felt a bit rushed as others have said since they had go on to another delivery while I was trying to learn about the car. But who cares since the car came out with no problems and everything was good.

Reactions: JamesMT and Vortmax
Got my car! Sorry I didn't get back to you guys sooner but I had a wedding to attend and everything.

I got to the dealer at ten am when they opened. I signed paperwork for about five minutes and they gave me a quick walk around and answered any questions I had. Overall I was out in less than an hour and would have been faster if I didn't lose my key fob. There is a "place of no return" that's located between the cup holders and cubby and literally will hide anything that goes in lol.

Overall, I felt a bit rushed as others have said since they had go on to another delivery while I was trying to learn about the car. But who cares since the car came out with no problems and everything was good.

Great to hear everything was good with the car and you found no issues.

Finally took delivery of my MS yesterday.

Car was flawless, I did check everything that I have read here, misalignment, panel gaps. The only thing they said they fixed was the trunk not closing properly but this was fixed before I picked up. Even the paint seems very nice, there's a few swirls marks here and there during the detailing process but nothing major. Was expecting the worse so this is good new. Car has no rattles whatsoever. Only thing I found non cosmetic is the airpag light up intermittently, will email to see if it's normal. Anyway, my lovely DS mentionned this is one of the best quality theyve received in the last months for an MS.

Car was flawless, I did check everything that I have read here, misalignment, panel gaps. The only thing they said they fixed was the trunk not closing properly but this was fixed before I picked up. Even the paint seems very nice, there's a few swirls marks here and there during the detailing process but nothing major. Was expecting the worse so this is good new. Car has no rattles whatsoever. Only thing I found non cosmetic is the airpag light up intermittently, will email to see if it's normal. Anyway, my lovely DS mentionned this is one of the best quality theyve received in the last months for an MS.

That's great. I hope to have mine next week and hopefully it's of the same build quality.

Pictures?

Reactions: MarkKW

Congrats! Enjoy the ride :)

Reactions: Ahzuz
Took delivery of MS75D....twice. The first time I found a scratch on the rocker panel that required a trip to the body shop to fix. Tesla's policy is if any body work is required, the customer cannot take delivery. One week later, I took delivery (again). The car was filthy and clearly had zero effort put into it for delivery. Given it was late and dirty, I told them I would take it but need to inspect after I could clean it up.

My summary is, Tesla has a long way to go from a sales/service perspective to compete with the premium/luxury manufacturers out there. That said, I just LOVE this car. The first car in 20 years that feels different and exciting from the German luxury cars I've been driving.

A couple of thoughts/questions:
1. Inspect the paint, closely. I went over it with a flashlight and thats how I found this scratch. Scratch is still somewhat visible after repair as well but not worth the effort at this point to repair.

2. Tesla isn't good at car detailing (at this dealer anyway). Upon 2nd delivery, there were clear scratches in the hood matching the arc a persons arm would make wiping it down apparently with a debris filled cloth.

3. The service person said you have 30 days from delivery to report any paint defects, anyone else hear that?

4. Delivery personnel seem in over their heads with the amount of deliveries. It is a very frantic process with people running around and customers standing around waiting to get out of there. Not a private experience at all. The delivery person was reading out the terms of my loan etc next to 3 other people waiting for delivery. Also, customers paperwork (with SS#s etc) was left sitting out on a counter unsupervised. Anyone could have grabbed a folder and had enough personal info for identity theft.

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
Guys! I need to make an update. I'm 90% positive that my cars chip occurred during shipment. I looked thru my photos on day one and saw the chip. I don't think the company will do anything about it so I purchased their paint chip fix on the website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180918-080734.jpg
    Screenshot_20180918-080734.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 94