Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I apologize for all the nasty stuff I just wrote about Tesla even if it is true.
I just got an email from SC. My car arrived is being detailed and they will deliver it tonight.
Much happier than I was 10
Minutes ago
Dude so awesome! Excited to see you finally get yours. You'll have to let us know the good news when it gets to you!!

Stated 0-16 times: 2016 ... 3.1, 2019 ... 4.1, 2021 ... 3.1. The new one feels noticeably more nimble and responsive than the nimble and responsive 2019.

I've only driven it 16 miles so I'm still a rookie. I want that front plate holder off that car right now, but it appears to be glued on.
Try doing this outside of a school zone to see what it does past 25mph 😂

I picked up my Model S Long Range this afternoon. It replaces my 2019 100D which replaced my 2016 P90D. It's hard to believe that Tesla could improve on perfection, but they did. Fantastic car!

And I'm happy to be able to make my modest contribution to 2Q earnings.

Question for you... Ordered early Feb, and I am still waiting on my LR and I'll be giving up my 2019 P100DL - in general are you happy you made the move so far? I have been second guessing whether to give up the speed and performance of my current auto (only 15k miles) for the new one, but I feel like the tech, range, and entertainment for the kids is a no brainer. Thoughts?

I called into local SC today to let them know I didn’t forget about them and my car ordered 2/8. Service advisor told me that LR with 19s were not coming until September. He said he was just told this information. This can’t be possible right? I even asked if I could swing to 21s and he said I could try but didn’t know if they would let me.
I guess anything is possible at this point. The 19s only exist in the design studio and every reservation owner with 19s nightmares.

Question for you... Ordered early Feb, and I am still waiting on my LR and I'll be giving up my 2019 P100DL - in general are you happy you made the move so far? I have been second guessing whether to give up the speed and performance of my current auto (only 15k miles) for the new one, but I feel like the tech, range, and entertainment for the kids is a no brainer. Thoughts?
I ordered mine on Feb 1 after spending a few days with the same struggle of giving up a perfect car with (at the time) 14k miles. But so far, I'm happy I did it. The car is definitely more advanced in several ways than the 2019 model. I know you will give up some speed, but I'm not sure if you will notice. It's plenty quick. And the yoke makes you feel like you're driving a race car which isn't very far from reality.

I picked up my Model S Long Range this afternoon. It replaces my 2019 100D which replaced my 2016 P90D. It's hard to believe that Tesla could improve on perfection, but they did. Fantastic car!

And I'm happy to be able to make my modest contribution to 2Q earnings.
What about performance comparaison beetween the 2021.5 and the 2019 100D?
More quiet and smooth ?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My local SC Mgr asked me yesterday if I wanted to change ext color or interior trim to wood and/or seats to black. I declined since we're already basically in July and all along for the past several weeks, they've been telling me Aug for my white on white/cf configuration, so I'm really not saving much time...perhaps a few weeks maybe? So what's the point? To get a $146k vehicle in a color combination I don't like? Although I do like the red ext w/ white/cf interior, I'm not sure if that configuration will arrive any sooner. So, no thank you! I'll stick with my initial and preferred color combo. FWIW -- I did mention to him that Tesla should've kept the silver ext color (not talking about the darker MSM ext color but a true light silver ext paint color)...I would've chosen silver had it been available but still with the white/cf interio
clearly i'm blind, but where are the S'?
Must be hidden 🤣

Wouldn’t be shocked if they halt deliveries until they figure that out.
Might be a rushed product. I mean isn't it weird that they ended up using the same batteries as they did for older Model S. So how come the same battery that they had to release a software to limit the power of to avoid combustion is magically able to back to back launches and launches at any speed. What if they've literally pushed the battery to its limit without actually improving it. I mean calling it new battery chemistry and other jargon doesn't change the fact that it's the same battery cell they've been using for close to a decade now.