Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They made 206k cars in 2nd quarter... Or are we talking about S exclusivley?
I assumed we were only talking about the S since that is what this thread is about. (And it is produced on an entirely different line than the Model 3 and Y. The S&X line has a maximum capacity of 100k/year, assuming no downtime/holidays/etc.)

Everyone here waiting for their Model S...

1627673748955.png

@sflgator - welcome back, buddy. I thought with your long absence, that you had definitely gone and bought a Taycan or Audi GT RS (or, RS GT? can't remember).

I'm currently waiting for any of the following:

Model S
Ioniq 5
R1T
F-150 Lightning
Bronco

I *think* that's it. I'll probably get zero of them until 2023 at this rate. WTF.
With my Tesla wall charger connected in my garage and after seeing all the videos online (especially following Brooks - DragTimes), I feel obligated to bite my lip and wait for my Tesla Model S Plaid...provided they really do get me a VIN and delivery in Sept/Oct time frame. But, if it gets pushed out until end of this year or next year, I'm out and will likely buy a Lucid Air GT or MB EQ AMG.

Last edited:
Noticed this when getting into the driver seat.... what do you guys think? Some type of insulation that was supposed to be painted over but broken off?

Edited: added another photo of the normal looking (or is it??) passenger side...
I had the same on my car. I gave it in and they either painted over it or removed it. Another example of Tesla quality control.

It's hard to say. There must be something going on, but white interiors are absolutely causing delays for whatever reason. At the secret lot in Bellevue, it was all black interiors and one cream. That cream interior is quite nice, for what it's worth. Not really my thing, but it did look good.
@WilliamG….Have you seen many Plaids on the road near Seattle? I haven’t seen any.
Is that lot in Bellevue near the SC? I’m having mine sent to the Renton SC, not great experiences in Bellevue.
Ordered mid Jul…Pld/Blk/Blk/CF/21/FSD/blank EDD

Can’t wait to sit for an hour in line while other makes of cars are charging on a long journey. Here in California it is already getting crowded with the model S and Y
Personally, I suspect they simply started production with 21s and sticking with one configuration is more efficient, as opposed to there being some "problem" with 19s. The only "problem" here has been their early lies about the car being in production back in January and ready for delivery in February. As for why they started production with 21s, that would be because they are the more expensive and showier choice. At this point, the backlog must be very long, because I suspect the large majority of purchasers chose 19s.
It does not mean jack. Tesla has shown no sign of producing 19s except for the 450 refresh model S sitting in one of their lots since May. Fairly certain there is an issue with all of them otherwise they would have been delivered. With not a single 19" officially delivered and with no signs of Tesla producing any I would not keep my hopes up. I'm so done with 21s getting VINs. This might just be my last Tesla because I do not wish to go through this again and I highly doubt they will be able to deliver Cybertruck (something that costs half the price of Plaid and has a tri-motor configuration). I also do not see Tesla changing its horrendous ways anytime soon and with them making billions in revenue in a quarter does not seem like an incentive for them to change anything at all.
I hope I am wrong too but I highly doubt it. So far nobody has been able to give confirmation of 19s even being produced. Knowing Tesla I do not believe they will be able to magically produced thousands of 19s in the next weeks. Literally the worst buying experience I have ever had and this is my 5th Tesla :rolleyes:
My EDD has continued to push every day from Aug 6-20 to now being Aug 13-20
OMG I just checked again and there’s a VIN!! My date changed to “July” but there’s a VIN! xxx437.
19” Wheels w same car I ordered.#1444. It could be a Christmas miracle. In July I hope you get it soon

Ok, so the same guy who took that video of that gray MX Plaid I posted earlier started a thread on TMC with more description, and photos. To anyone who may be interested in, or has an order in for a MX, here you go:

Ok, so the same guy who took that video of that gray MX Plaid I posted earlier started a thread on TMC with more description, and photos. To anyone who may be interested in, or has an order in for a MX, here you go:

so the verdict is two weeks :cool: