Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I just ordered a wall connector and expect a quote for garage install tomorrow. Sh!ts getting real!
They make Great Wall art. I call mine Sonny.
63892137019__AD3A3304-3425-4797-861E-688380E73264.jpegiu-4.jpeg

My range slipped again to 2-7 Aug. I still think this is very promising to have a car by this weekend.

On a positive note my all weather mats were delivered but now I’m getting comments from the peanut gallery about my collection of Tesla gear (spoiler, mats, sunshades, charger install tomorrow).

Wife: “Isn’t it more efficient to have the car fully built and then sent to you instead of you having to assemble it yourself?”
Me: 😒

A car solves this little problem, lol. Happy waiting gang!

Well, I just ordered a wall connector and expect a quote for garage install tomorrow. Sh!ts getting real!
I just ran my wiring this weekend! 4 gauge wire from my breaker box in the basement to where I want my charger in the garage. Used 4/3 wire so I can do the full 60a breaker. The wire is basically the thickness of a garden hose lol. But my car won't be here til October :-(

My range slipped again to 2-7 Aug. I still think this is very promising to have a car by this weekend.

On a positive note my all weather mats were delivered but now I’m getting comments from the peanut gallery about my collection of Tesla gear (spoiler, mats, sunshades, charger install tomorrow).

Wife: “Isn’t it more efficient to have the car fully built and then sent to you instead of you having to assemble it yourself?”
Me: 😒

A car solves this little problem, lol. Happy waiting gang!
At least I'm not the only one with a collection of accessories in the garage for my Tesla MS Plaid (which I don't actually have yet, lol 😜 ).

I just ran my wiring this weekend! 4 gauge wire from my breaker box in the basement to where I want my charger in the garage. Used 4/3 wire so I can do the full 60a breaker. The wire is basically the thickness of a garden hose lol. But my car won't be here til October :-(
6 gauge should be code...is it a really long run? No harm in oversizing the wire though aside from the cost.

Do you guys know the latest we can schedule our pickup appointment after we are notified that it's ready for pickup?

I'm going to be away Aug 24th - 31st and worried that it might be ready during that window lol
You technically have 3-day to pick up the car. That said, if you reach out to your delivery center they should be willing to work with you, especially if everything is all set to go with your purchase.

FWIW, I am facing the same situation. My car is supposed to be here over the next 7 days, but if it takes longer than that, I’ll be out of town. I’ve asked this same question of Tesla and got that answer.

Good luck!

6 gauge should be code...is it a really long run? No harm in oversizing the wire though aside from the cost.
I believe 6awg is only good for up to 55amps. Even though the car uses 48, you can only "plan" for 80% of the branch usage. So for a 60a branch, I needed 4awg. I'm not an electrician, so this could be wrong. But this also leaves me room to make it a bigger circuit later if needed!

I believe 6awg is only good for up to 55amps. Even though the car uses 48, you can only "plan" for 80% of the branch usage. So for a 60a branch, I needed 4awg. I'm not an electrician, so this could be wrong. But this also leaves me room to make it a bigger circuit later if needed!
Depends on the wire and temp...again bigger wire is safer and no problem if you don't mind the added cost. I ended up using 6 gauge on 50 amp breakers for a 40 amp draw but only cause I was running up against the limits of my sub panel preventing me from using 60 amp breakers.
1627951995344.png

Tint scheduled for Thursday! I think I'm going to do 50 front windows, 35 rear windows and trunk, 70 windshield. I know @omarsultan did 55% all around and 70% on the windshield and that looked pretty clean, but not as dark as I would like. Has anyone done a darker tint and have photos? 😄

Here's mine with 30% all round.
70% on the windshield

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg
82F3B61C-DBC3-4202-B07C-CC9D8B0F9F33.JPG
IMG_3121.jpg

Last edited: