Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile…..Back to delivery updates….LOL

Woke up this morning to a “Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 08” After being blank for over 2 months!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 693404
This is great news for us MS LR 19” folks eagerly awaiting updates. Nice to see early orders getting some estimated delivery dates.

Yep, waiting for the Leo hate post! But seriously, this can't be real or even close. My order is less than a week old. I didn't even get my 3 in June 2019 that fast. Tomorrow will be back to blank, I predict. EDDs come from a Tesla RNG (Random Number Generator). I'm not excited. If I had a VIN, I might be a bit more excited. This news is just comical. 😅
Sometimes the stars align and a quick delivery occurs. I'm hoping we all get our cars soon.

Meanwhile…..Back to delivery updates….LOL

Woke up this morning to a “Estimated Delivery: August 25 - September 08” After being blank for over 2 months!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 693404
Sooo....that is starting to get interesting as I have a very similar config to you with an RN1146 and order date of Feb 27. To see an LR with 19s actually getting a date range may be a sign that the enema is working at Fremont. Still no VINjoy in Canada but once our cousins (y'all) start getting them we are next !

Checked all the connections under the seat, everything seems well connected.

Just noticed when I go to Service in the app, it has a specific section for this problem:

View attachment 693396

Is this automatically pulling from the car’s error alerts? Or is this because it’s a widespread enough issue that Tesla made a dedicated section for it?
That should get you an appointment quick, as Tesla doesn't want to leave safety issues unattended for long.

My EDD just changed for the third time today. Just went from 20-23 August to 17-23 August.
Unscientific but after enduring 27 days with a VIN and shifting EDD….. the 3 day range means they finally have an accurate terminal transpo tracer on exact car *delivery to SC* (not you) and now they are really prolly just resolving Delivery Center detailing and pickup slots timing to have it ready for you. COVID limits still happening in many places, on staff side and number of people at delivery/contactless delivery. Basically, once I had a VIN. I waited almost 4 weeks. But once I got a 3 day window, I had the car within a week. Plus or minus a day of the first 3 day window they threw up there. East coast here.
Congrats on picking it up tomorrow! I'm assuming you elected 21" wheels? If you don't mind me asking, what rate did you get to finance through USAA?

I'm also wondering if the membership discount for the "performance model" will outweigh starting from scratch with a different insurance agency that properly assesses the LR as something "other than performance."

Though I have to admit I don't have as esteemed of an accident record as you...rest in peace wherever you are, deer that annihilated my Sentra.
If you let USAA autodraft the payments then they cut .25% off and I do think they discount the insurance because they are the lienholder. I did a 72 month loan so the rate was 2.29%. USAA also offers up to 84 month loans for 2nd time and longer members. When I was younger that was nice to lower the payments to fit my budget but I took the lowest interest rate this time. I’ve had USAA match anyone’s rate before, for my last Ducati. If you can get a USAA loan I can’t see why not to use them and insure with them. Not a paid spokesman just a very satisfied customer of many years.

I have 19s and finally got my vin Ordered June 6th plaid/msm/black/wood/19s but my edd went blank

Attachments

• 10988E57-7022-4F31-B138-2BC13FBECA4C.jpeg
    10988E57-7022-4F31-B138-2BC13FBECA4C.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 71
I was indifferent on the yoke, until today.

I just took the afternoon off to play on some L.A. area canyon roads, and the yoke makes it less fun than it should be.

I guess today is the beginning of my project to retrofit the Model 3 wheel and controls into this car.
Could you expound on how it was less fun? Was it just more of a hassle?

Hi everyone .

I've been really busy doing some behind the scenes stuff with the club. Some of the members were complaining about the quality of the caviar. We've been in contact with companies it in San Francisco about fresh truffles as well. After all, these sobs deserve the best... You know.... Since they're so used to their preferential treatment.

On a different note, today marks 7 MONTHS since my original model s order. Still BLANK. Still no clue as to when I'm getting my car.

I have 19s and finally got my vin Ordered June 6th plaid/msm/black/wood/19s but my edd went blank
This happened when I received my VIN as well. A few hours later, it showed a much narrower EDD and the next day I called my SC. They were able to ping the car’s location, estimate when it would arrive, and setup a tentative delivery day/time which then updated my Tesla account and I was able to complete final payment.

Calling your SC once you have a VIN is actually helpful. They can track the car and give you more realistic timeframes.

Hi everyone .

I've been really busy doing some behind the scenes stuff with the club. Some of the members were complaining about the quality of the caviar. We've been in contact with companies it in San Francisco about fresh truffles as well. After all, these sobs deserve the best... You know.... Since they're so used to their preferential treatment.

On a different note, today marks 7 MONTHS since my original model s order. Still BLANK. Still no clue as to when I'm getting my car.
Leo, although it’s been less than a month since I’ve placed my order and have been blank since, but it seems like they can’t get enough cars down here to South Florida as I also know someone in same boat as you and no delivery yet.