Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Remember when we were rooting for the 2000 page count? Trying to get there before the Plaid event? My how time flies. Another 1000 pages of grief, cheers, counseling, knowledge, speculation and jokes. Please please PLEASE let's not make it to 4000 before everyone has their cars.

But if we do, I'll be here to joke about it and 2021Plaid will be here to like it. 🤣

I love the forum already. 😁 Yeah, unfortunately I ordered a Grey with white interior and 19" rims.. I thought the white interior was the Gold Standard on Tesla. 😅 Now I understand the reason behind the delay, so I will have to figure out what I need to do between my lease return and Feb.
white interior definitely seems to be the supply chain sticking point! It seems to be the most consistent variable.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Remember when we were rooting for the 2000 page count? Trying to get there before the Plaid event? My how time flies. Another 1000 pages of grief, cheers, counseling, knowledge, speculation and jokes. Please please PLEASE let's not make it to 4000 before everyone has their cars.

But if we do, I'll be here to joke about it and 2021Plaid will be here to like it. 🤣

I have been here to keep us on topic and expanding on relevant issues.

So, been doing more digging on insurance rates and learned something about Progressive, after more than an hour on the phone with them.

In summary:

1. Their auto rates are much much cheaper than Allstate, but there is a catch....
2. Catch #1, if you also need Homeowners, they shop that out to "HomeSite;" my rate quote was more than twice (yes, >2X) my Allstate actual cost
3. Catch #2, if you also need an Umbrella policy, they shop that out as well; my rate with their "ASI Affiliate" was 30% higher than Allstate
4. Catch #3, if you don't buy #2 and #3, the cost of #1 shoots up through the roof!

My advice: Trust no one's "online tools," unless you want surprises later. This is why I called and spend time working through the details. When I questioned the Progressive practice (low-ball auto and make it up on the other policies), the agent said, "Yes, this isn't the first time I've heard that comment". At that point, the Progressive agent put away that "pricing scanner," that you see in the ads, and thanked me for my time (he knew this wasn't going anywhere). YMMV.

I live in the midwest and my current estimated delivery date is in November. As such, I will likely be looking to put on winter wheels/rubber immediately. Currently there are no winter wheel/tire packages for sale (that are compatible with refresh) directly through Tesla that I see. Has anyone talked with a SA about this? If so, are they planning on having that available to MS refresh owners for this winter or are we forced to look at third parties like tsportline for such things?

Ding ding ding! We have a winner. Mr. First Post of Page 3000 - you are now the proud owner of a MS LR. Tell us where you would like it delivered!

Hi Guys!

My first post here. I ordered my car at the end of last year and updated to the New Tesla after the announcement of the new Model S. I didn't realize I need to complete my profile page on Tesla webpage until July. However after I updated my profile it shows a delivery date of July. When July came and went, the date went blank, and like most people here I am also getting a Feb 2022 EDD. Is it really because we didn't pay the recent price hike of $10k? My lease is up in November, so Feb 2022 really will not work very well for me. Anyone has any idea why they push the delivery time by half a year, while clearly they are still delivering the Model S?

Welcome! What config are you trying to get?!

I live in the midwest and my current estimated delivery date is in November. As such, I will likely be looking to put on winter wheels/rubber immediately. Currently there are no winter wheel/tire packages for sale (that are compatible with refresh) directly through Tesla that I see. Has anyone talked with a SA about this? If so, are they planning on having that available to MS refresh owners for this winter or are we forced to look at third parties like tsportline for such things?
You are lucky if you car is here by winter. Somewhat joking, somewhat serious.

TSportline winter tire packages have gone live for the refreshed Model S. Looks to be 19” only.

Is it helpful to call your dealer to ask if they can contact you about any cars that don't match your order spec but have been rejected/ignored by their buyers? At this point I'll take a car with any configuration rather than wait until my Christmas EDD, my current car needs to go before then.

Is it helpful to call your dealer to ask if they can contact you about any cars that don't match your order spec but have been rejected/ignored by their buyers? At this point I'll take a car with any configuration rather than wait until my Christmas EDD, my current car needs to go before then.
Per a contact, those are now automated to the next matching reservation if an SA does not pick it up manually.

TSportline winter tire packages have gone live for the refreshed Model S. Looks to be 19” only.

Pretty darn expensive. One wheel size, and one tire option. You could do much better via Signature, I think.