Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
1. My date was pushed to 12/3 to 12/31 - I'm not aware of anyone with a 4 week delivery window - are there others out there? Likely to change/move up, or is the 4 weeks because end of quarter/end of year - so why not?

2. The 19" wheels seem to no longer be a problem, but have we started to see native All Seasons or do they have to be swapped out?

3. Any idea why no LR white interiors? With the 19" wheels, I was pretty sure there was a defect or supply issue of the WHEEL - i NEVER imagined it might ahve been a supply issue of the tire! With the white LR, I'm wondering if it is material, whether raw or produced, or something else? I mean I think there are white 3, Y interiors, etc. - so why not S? Does Tesla make the seat, or buy it ready made, and if so, does that mean cream and black were fine, but maybe something either happened to the machines, etc. when they switched to white, or the material itself is no good, or just stuck in shipping?
I do believe the LR and S white seats are different - piping, and maybe some differences in the holes. But I mean, great, give me piping. don't give me piping. I don't care! Just give me my damn car!

4. Any predictions on when the N vin will come out? I thought after October production, but maybe after 12/31 production?

okay, end of vent, thank you.
I heard from a friend that ordered some furniture that the issue in that industry is the foam padding. Wondering if certain seat vendors have the same issue (regardless of color)

I decided to order a Plaid, just not yet. Too close to EoY. I might get someone's car that was ordered 9-22-20, but they had enough EDD and cancelled. That would not be right.

This is contingent on Elon not doing or saying anything I couldn't abide like hooking up with Azalea Banks.
I'm gonna spare you a long story. ;)

But the gist of it might help you out a bit.

You can call and talk to a Sales Associate (or go and speak with one in person, as I did), and ask them to put in a "earliest matching date" on your order. In my case, I told them December 15.

The short version of my long story is that when I ordered on Sept 19, the configurator page showed Jan-Feb for EDD window. Then three days after I put in my order, it said end of October. Then it got moved all the way back to Sept 27-30, and I had a VIN. It would have been ten days from order to delivery!

The reason I placed the order in the first place was because I actually want the Jan-Feb delivery time frame. I told the SA that it would be very nice if Tesla would make that particular field (the "earliest matching date") visible to the purchaser so that they could fill it out themselves, as it was extremely difficult to get in touch with an SA, and in my case, required me driving 131.6 miles to speak to one. His eyes glazed over..."uh huh, yup, that would be nice..."

I went on to say that when a lot of people place an order, they are depending on that window being accurate for logistical reasons; people have jobs to work around, cars that need to be sold, financing to arrange... you know, lives, that they don't necessarily want to change around the whims of Tesla and their ever-changing delivery dates. I think the SA had gone back to playing Tetris by this point.

And here I was going to spare you the long story. ;)

Actually... hey @jebinc , that is quite a bit shorter, isn't it?? :D

I'm gonna spare you a long story. ;)

But the gist of it might help you out a bit.

You can call and talk to a Sales Associate (or go and speak with one in person, as I did), and ask them to put in a "earliest matching date" on your order. In my case, I told them December 15.

The short version of my long story is that when I ordered on Sept 19, the configurator page showed Jan-Feb for EDD window. Then three days after I put in my order, it said end of October. Then it got moved all the way back to Sept 27-30, and I had a VIN. It would have been ten days from order to delivery!

The reason I placed the order in the first place was because I actually want the Jan-Feb delivery time frame. I told the SA that it would be very nice if Tesla would make that particular field (the "earliest matching date") visible to the purchaser so that they could fill it out themselves, as it was extremely difficult to get in touch with an SA, and in my case, required me driving 131.6 miles to speak to one. His eyes glazed over..."uh huh, yup, that would be nice..."

I went on to say that when a lot of people place an order, they are depending on that window being accurate for logistical reasons; people have jobs to work around, cars that need to be sold, financing to arrange... you know, lives, that they don't necessarily want to change around the whims of Tesla and their ever-changing delivery dates. I think the SA had gone back to playing Tetris by this point.

And here I was going to spare you the long story. ;)

Actually... hey @jebinc , that is quite a bit shorter, isn't it?? :D
It sure is/was! My total flow time, from Order to Delivery was 13 days! When placing the order on the last day of July, the estimate was Spet/Oct. Moments after paying the deposit/ordering, the EDD went to January. Got the car in the second week of August and the VIN was very fresh (not a rejected car). I tracked it from the Fremont factory to my SC, which took 2 days and 2 hours! @Phlier

It sure is/was! My total flow time, from Order to Delivery was 13 days! When placing the order on the last day of July, the estimate was Spet/Oct. Moments after paying the deposit/ordering, the EDD went to January. Got the car in the second week of August and the VIN was very fresh (not a rejected car). I tracked it from the Fremont factory to my SC, which took 2 days and 2 hours! @Phlier
Oh, btw... I did add my info to the "Beta Button" tracking S/S.

Wow, there are a lot of guys with 100 scores! If my math is correct, I'm at 99.44 right now. I should really go out and see if I can make people mad.... er... get the score to 100 today.

Edit: Crap, I thought I bookmarked that page. Got a link handy, by chance?

LOL...if only I could love the cream interior.

What was wrong with it? Was it functional?

A friend had to reject a white/white MY this week due to steering failure...looking for a replacement.
Never even saw, it let alone drove it. It may have been given away already, I fear. Sorry. Anyways, it was 2021 MY LR Blue/White/19's. If your friend wants to check on it, it's prob still at Rocklin, CA SC. I was buying it for my sister, but I have to wait for 2022 as I'm paying cash and my MS LR is due any minute now (so, I will need ALL my spare cash for this car). FWIW, maybe we'll get an expanded EV tax credit for these lesser expensive EVs passed and in force by 2022?? One can hope. ;)

Wow, there are a lot of guys with 100 scores! If my math is correct, I'm at 99.44 right now. I should really go out and see if I can make people mad.... er... get the score to 100 today.

@Phlier Get off the forum and get DRIVING!

I disagree with you. It's financially smart, takes no effort and you've already waited this long so might as well wait another month or two to potentially add some value to your car.

Many people won't even own the car for 3 years, myself included. In 2024 when I'm selling it, 2022 well definitely be more marketable.
+1
So all ya’ll squirming about a MF or NF VIN, I have only two things to say to you

1. You don’t have your car yet and you’re already worried about some resale value thingy years from now. You must have such perfectly planned lives! I envy you!

2. MotherFrunker > NewFrunker 😎
It is simply a personal issue. I do worry about resale on this MS. I don't plan on keeping MS for more than 2-3 yrs, so for me {after waiting 10+mos already}, it's a no brainer to try to secure a 2022. Not so much "a perfectly planned" life, but you're welcome to envy it anyway.:cool:

Question for those with the rock chip on rockers/back door issues. Any reason why this wouldnt be a better option (just the fronts) to trac wrap and the like? (PPF has been shown via pics on this forum to get nicked up as well back there). Put a similar set on my wifes Y (only put on the fronts) and has made a world of difference with splashing up back there. Didnt require drilling or even taking the wheels off.

The
Never even saw, it let alone drove it. It may have been given away already, I fear. Sorry. Anyways, it was 2021 MY LR Blue/White/19's. If your friend wants to check on it, it's prob still at Rocklin, CA SC. I was buying it for my sister, but I have to wait for 2022 as I'm paying cash and my MS LR is due any minute now (so, I will need ALL my spare cash for this car). FWIW, maybe we'll get an expanded EV tax credit for these lesser expensive EVs passed and in force by 2022?? One can hope. ;)
Thanks for the reply. I have heard good things about Rocklin.

They are picking up a new white/white MY today. Blue would not work for them.

May I ask, how does one track the car movement from the factory?

Only issue with completing all the requirements, your financing will expire as mine did. I’m not going to reapply until there’s a VIN. Your FICO score takes a hit every time there’s an inquiry. Going on 1 year waiting on the 22nd.
This is such bush league "sugar." You'd think you were dealing with some red light district used car shop that had no control over its operati ..... wait! nevermind :cool: