Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So... does that mean they will stop asking us to go shopping and that physical store visit will become a thing of the past??!!??

:rolleyes:😅😂

My wife asked me what I thought of an ottoman she ordered online. I told her I thought it was a little weird ordering furniture without seeing it in person. She said to me “Well you ordered a 100K car without actually seeing it in person.”

Touché.

I get it. Since I ordered the MS, my wife’s been shopping on Free People like a kid in a candy store lol. She used the same reasoning.

C9253B2C-189C-4A46-A7AD-F90363654F20.jpeg
Anyone know if they changed the jackpoint hole alignment? My old adapter that worked on my ‘15 S doesn’t fit the new one!

Just measured it and the alignment hasn’t changed, but the center one’s diameter reduced!

View attachment 738347Anyone know if they changed the jackpoint hole alignment? My old adapter that worked on my ‘15 S doesn’t fit the new one!

Just measured it and the alignment hasn’t changed, but the center one’s diameter reduced!
I use these. Works on my 2017 S and the Plaid. Tire guys love them since they hold themselves onto the car and they can easily see where the jack needs to go without getting under the car to look.

These are all very good points and very good reasons to wait. Let me respond this way. Too much of my life has been spent on waiting obsessing about “getting the vin”. I want all the things everyone wants and no, i don’t need them yesterday. It really only comes down to a system that is still in its infancy, ordering a car from a faceless entity. How we are being treated is only happening because or the FOMO and seeing something that was once so unique and so special now to be had by what appear to be every other lane on the street.
I love driving and I love being on the cutting edge — however — I waited patiently since 2010 for things to work themselves out. It’s now 2021 and soon 2022 and I find myself still waiting. Pandemics, supply chain issues, worker and industry ethics as well as every day real problems that are much more important are not the areas of frustration. My frustration is my own and it is not anyone else’s fault or problem. I want my car and I will wait as long as I can. I know those things for sure.
The next month is about immersing myself into family and that will be much nicer than any 0-60 time ever recorded. People. The only problem with real life is there is no such thing as regenerative living. No matter how much you try to recoup stepping on the brakes or other peoples lives only makes you older and grumpier and worse off.
…and to all a good day/afternoon/night as he drove out of sight (albeit very slowly in his 11 year old Prius)…
1638126731198.gif

All,

Picked up mine on 11/24 as scheduled but make sure you all drive yours' around the lot before driving off and ensure no issues with suspension or drive system. The big issue I have is linked here: Loud bump or thump when reversing with wheels turned hard left/right

Sounds like the back of the tire/wheel is snagging on something as it happens on the side with the wheel turned out.

Otherwise, it's a beauty. Hope they can resolve the issue ASAP. Anyone else encounter something like this?

PXL_20211128_175422770.NIGHT.jpg

All,

Picked up mine on 11/24 as scheduled but make sure you all drive yours' around the lot before driving off and ensure no issues with suspension or drive system. The big issue I have is linked here: Loud bump or thump when reversing with wheels turned hard left/right

Sounds like the back of the tire/wheel is snagging on something as it happens on the side with the wheel turned out.

Otherwise, it's a beauty. Hope they can resolve the issue ASAP. Anyone else encounter something like this?

View attachment 738379

The cars nicely match the garage, or vise versa....

All,

View attachment 738379

@PDawg Congrats! A 2022? Would love to hear about the build quality and also have to test it out for the dreaded driveline vibration. The link below explains the conditions in which this vibration occurs. Please let us all know!

@PDawg Congrats! A 2022? Would love to hear about the build quality and also have to test it out for the dreaded driveline vibration. The link below explains the conditions in which this vibration occurs. Please let us all know!
So far just the upper driver-side window gasket seems to be protruding out of the trim more than the passenger side. Threw that on the service request also.

I haven't noticed any vibration issues while driving/accelerating but will report back if I do, understanding this thread is for delivery update discussions only.

The cars nicely match the garage, or vise versa....
It was all planned ;)

More details about build quality on your recent 2022 deliveries, please!
After 100 miles, my only complaint is noise in the headliner left side when on uneven surfaces (I-10) at highways speeds.
The rear hatch alignment was slightly off so I didn’t ask about since it would definitely be within specs.
There seems to be a tiny light (LED) just to the left of the odometer reading that shines thru at times.

No paint issues. No seat issues. No rear windshield waviness. No dings or bumps in the front or rear lower edges. No apparent driveline vibration.

I did get the worm in the steering wheel for no extra charge.

That’s a good stocking stuffer … along with this one:
Happy Nuts Comfort Cream Ball Deodorant For Men | Anti-Chafing, Sweat Defense & Odor Control https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1BNNY...abc_96R42F4DDFBVC1ZZ7M6G?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1