Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Uhh not so much. The dealers have been around for decades, and know better.
Tesla definitely knows better as well, but as I'm sure we'll see from Berlin and Texas, the QC issues will likely be a thing of the past. Tesla is doing things in around 10 years that traditional auto makers haven't learned in nearly a century. I'm sure they will get this down as well. They are learning more each and every day.
You’re drinking too much koolaid but I admire your enthusiasm.

You’re drinking too much koolaid but I admire your enthusiasm.
I don't think I am at all lol! The cars coming out of GigaShanghai are already 99.9% flawless. No QC issues. It's important to remember that all Teslas the US has experienced so far have been built at Fremont. Tesla Fremont is an adaption from the Toyota/GM NUMMI plant, and not designed by Tesla from the ground up. Shanghai was, and Texas and Berlin will be improving on what that factory is doing right now.😃

I don't think I am at all lol! The cars coming out of GigaShanghai are already 99.9% flawless. No QC issues. It's important to remember that all Teslas the US has experienced so far have been built at Fremont. Tesla Fremont is an adaption from the Toyota/GM NUMMI plant, and not designed by Tesla from the ground up. Shanghai was, and Texas and Berlin will be improving on what that factory is doing right now.😃
Ok boomer

Cross-posting here, just to get more input:

OK, here is something I am experiencing:
A squeaking sound coming from the right front wheel. At first, I thought it was a nail. Could not find anything on the tire. Not a click anyway, but a squeak. I had my son stick his head out the window like a dog and he confirmed right front. Clearly rhythmic and speed dependent: the faster I drive, the faster the squeak. Absolutely at the wheel (well, I think).
-Only occurs going forward. Not in reverse.
-No change with gentle curves, but definitely goes away with sharp turns in either direction. I drove in circles, clock-wise and counter with zero noise, and immediately upon going straight, the squeak reappears.

Thoughts?

My delivery went from last two weeks of December to now it says April WTF?
What is your order number (RN11XX)? When did you order? What is your configuration? There's a good chance your EDD will snap back to a more reasonable timeframe (EDDs are constantly moving up and back, and nothing really matters until you get assigned a VIN, I'm learning)...

This is true. GM build quality is historically so poor that even Toyota couldn’t raise it. 😂