Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Relative.

Tell me youā€™d require Lydia Ko or Chris Hemsworth to use a towel if naked.

Hemsworth is so good looking heā€™d make me think about switching teams. And Lydia? Pleaseā€¦
Ummm I'd require both if they would be getting into my white interior Plaid lol! ESPECIALLY if I was going to floor it! Ain't screwing around with that *sugar*!

I wouldnā€™t expect a discrete change one day to the next. They didnā€™t shut the line down, retool and start fresh when they changed to ā€˜22 VINs.
@lbowroom Production 101 - ā€œLearning curveā€ improvements from July to January, rate increase vs steady state production and staffing, etc. These things bring quality improvements not associated with QC inspections, retooling , etc.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Former Downers Grove resident here...

I know it is hard to wait, but there are battery day folks going on over a year. Not that this will happen to you, but why the rush?

Let's say you get the car more or less the last week of Dec. All is perfect, except for crowds, and getting the bums rush to accept the car. You miss one thing, and the SvC is booked out a month.

Wouldn't it be better to wait a bit, and be ensured of a '22 car? Maybe even one without missing floor mats and such...hate to use a car in the winter there without mats...
These are all very good points and very good reasons to wait. Let me respond this way. Too much of my life has been spent on waiting obsessing about ā€œgetting the vinā€. I want all the things everyone wants and no, i donā€™t need them yesterday. It really only comes down to a system that is still in its infancy, ordering a car from a faceless entity. How we are being treated is only happening because or the FOMO and seeing something that was once so unique and so special now to be had by what appear to be every other lane on the street.
I love driving and I love being on the cutting edge ā€” however ā€” I waited patiently since 2010 for things to work themselves out. Itā€™s now 2021 and soon 2022 and I find myself still waiting. Pandemics, supply chain issues, worker and industry ethics as well as every day real problems that are much more important are not the areas of frustration. My frustration is my own and it is not anyone elseā€™s fault or problem. I want my car and I will wait as long as I can. I know those things for sure.
The next month is about immersing myself into family and that will be much nicer than any 0-60 time ever recorded. People. The only problem with real life is there is no such thing as regenerative living. No matter how much you try to recoup stepping on the brakes or other peoples lives only makes you older and grumpier and worse off.
ā€¦and to all a good day/afternoon/night as he drove out of sight (albeit very slowly in his 11 year old Prius)ā€¦

There's no eating in my car. Period. My wife's, that's another matter. The Tesla interiors are pretty stain adverse. She spilt Indian spice all over her white seats. Yes, that yellow stuff that makes a mess. A little bit of baking soda and wipes....no signs of it ever happening.

Kept your cool. Ice cream. Nice.
As a young adult I want this car to be taken care of. I made so many dumb mistakes on my model 3 and I really want to take care of my Model S this time. Especially for the price point

My wife asked me what I thought of an ottoman she ordered online. I told her I thought it was a little weird ordering furniture without seeing it in person. She said to me ā€œWell you ordered a 100K car without actually seeing it in person.ā€

TouchƩ.
I get it. Since I ordered the MS, my wifeā€™s been shopping on Free People like a kid in a candy store lol. She used the same reasoning.