Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MS today!
MS = MSM, Black, 19s, no yoke.
Ordered 9/10, VIN assigned 9/10 (within 30 mins).
Scheduled and picked up 9/22.

My Experience:
It was crazy good!
I had my check list, notes and mental notes from the folks on this forum and what all things to look for.
Got there and took some photos.

By then one of the service associates made his way out, and introduced himself. He told me to take my time and where to find him and he said he will check on me every few minutes if there is anything he can assist with.
Accepted in the app. The service associated said he personally went over the car and noted any form of blemish or chip, did the whole quality control.

My New build had only 8 miles on it and he pointed a small chip on the passenger window sill, he said he has noted it on my account and anytime that i schedule service or such that it will show up and they will replace the black edge bar thingy. I was not expecting him to point it out before I even got to it.
Everything else was flawless (at least to my eyes, i spent 30 mins looking at all aspects. and then another 30mins+ inside the car with setup etc.)
He stuck around the entire time and answered all my questions.
I was running out of questions to ask! Kudos to Reymi and his thoroughness.

Overall super experience at time of pick up, very pleased.

Ordered MSP (Black/black 19/yoke) on 9/10 with EDD in Sept-Oct.
Got VIN on 9/17, but EDD shifted to 10/5-10/12 on 9/18.

Now, I'm here, just waiting and compulsively app-checking... seems there's no cure for this particular ailment! 😅
Update: Scheduled delivery to 9-30. Of course, last day of the Q numbers! Something to look forward to next weekend!

9/15 ordered - MSP blue cream 19
9/19 september - october delivery changed to october - november
9/20 est date set to sept 28 - 30

Have my 2019 M3P waiting for trade in offer but already applied financing and stuff so just gonna assume they will wait a bit and then just kick my butt on that.

No VIN. Someone please tell me how to cure the disease of opening my Tesla App 100 times a day checking for some kind of update.

9/22 VIN assigned! However, delivery estimate changed to October 6 - 13.

They texted me. All that APP checking for no reason heh.

Last edited:
9/15 ordered - MSP blue cream 19
9/19 september - october delivery changed to october - november
9/20 est date set to sept 28 - 30

Have my 2019 M3P waiting for trade in offer but already applied financing and stuff so just gonna assume they will wait a bit and then just kick my butt on that.

No VIN. Someone please tell me how to cure the disease of opening my Tesla App 100 times a day checking for some kind of update.

First you have to identify the disease.

Its called EDD. Endless Delivery Disorder.

In your case, it will likely cure itself in 10 days, not 10+ months, like some here on this thread.

My info to help everyone navigate their EDD:
I have been watching prices and wanted a new one now for over a year. The recent price adjustments were a clear motivator for me and the plaid delta of $15k made it a good value in my opinion. However, I was still watching and wondering/hoping for a new silver or gray color - hopefully exclusive to S, X - and something different than the myriad of 3/Ys running all over here in the [base-no extra $-MSM] color. I was also watching for any final EOQ deals. But....

9/5: Ordered RN119905xxx. I ordered immediately after noticing that the Yoke price changed to $1k, and became concerned that other prices would change too, so I jumped in. Glad I did - just captured the $-1k loyalty savings, just in time before it dropped to 500.
MSP, MSM/Black, 19", Steering wheel
9/15: VIN assigned after I acknowledged the "no USS" disclosure. I confirmed manufacturing date: 9/13! Southern California delivery
9/16: Set delivery for 9/22
9/22: Delivery today at Marina Del Rey. Same center I took delivery of my 2019 (Raven) but much busier with 3/Ys all over. Mine was the only S but my service helper said they were doing a total of 7 S/X today. They arent seeing a lot of plaids come through and more X than S.
Great experience, quality was much better than my 4/2019 build, and I love the car.
Tinting already completed, ceramic is next, new 19" wheels using factory Pirelli tires is after that. Plus, selling my 2019 dual motor long range is on the list too.
Good luck to the rest of you!

I have been watching prices and wanted a new one now for over a year. The recent price adjustments were a clear motivator for me and the plaid delta of $15k made it a good value in my opinion. However, I was still watching and wondering/hoping for a new silver or gray color - hopefully exclusive to S, X - and something different than the myriad of 3/Ys running all over here in the [base-no extra $-MSM] color. I was also watching for any final EOQ deals. But....

9/5: Ordered RN119905xxx. I ordered immediately after noticing that the Yoke price changed to $1k, and became concerned that other prices would change too, so I jumped in. Glad I did - just captured the $-1k loyalty savings, just in time before it dropped to 500.
9/15: VIN assigned after I acknowledged the "no USS" disclosure. I confirmed manufacturing date: 9/13! Southern California delivery
9/22: Delivery today at Marina Del Rey. Same center I took delivery of my 2019 (Raven) but much busier with 3/Ys all over. Mine was the only S but my service helper said they were doing a total of 7 S/X today. They arent seeing a lot of plaids come through and more X than S.
Great experience, quality was much better than my 4/2019 build, and I love the car.
Tinting already completed, ceramic is next, new 19" wheels using factory Pirelli tires is after that. Plus, selling my 2019 dual motor long range is on the list too.
Good luck to the rest of you!Con 🎊

Good luck to the rest of you!
Congratulations 👍. Question? Did you tinted your front windshield?

Picking my MSP up Monday (9-25). Got my checklist ready but I have to ask, do they let you drive it before you accept? If not, it would be the first car I've ever bought without driving it first. Also, this is a new build I ordered about 3 weeks ago, how many miles should it have on it?

Picking my MSP up Monday (9-25). Got my checklist ready but I have to ask, do they let you drive it before you accept? If not, it would be the first car I've ever bought without driving it first. Also, this is a new build I ordered about 3 weeks ago, how many miles should it have on it?
No driving before you accept the car. In fact they almost always require you to accept the car before they will let you inside. FWIW I have gotten them to let me in by being respectful and appreciative.

It should have less than 20 miles on it. I have seen 50 though.

Picked mine on 9/22. Had to accept in the app before i could get in the car. The phone connects to the car and the handles present themselves once connected. (Now i did try to get the service rep to open the car for me to inspect. And he very politely said we are not allowed to do so). I am sure it may be rep to rep or location to location, worth a try nonetheless.
I was also told i can inspect all of the inside/interiors amd functions but dont drive off, if tou do then you have accepted and cannlt reject the car. I don't know if that is a Texas thing because they cannot sell you the car in the state or some bs?!

But everything checked out. My car had 8 miles on the odo.