Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this ambient lighting, new seats, front camera a hearsay or actually something coming? I'm new to all this and am ready to pull the trigger on a MSP but don't want to do it so soon and miss these new upgrades.
If you really want the upgrade then I would recommend you wait until someone confirms they received it. Although I think they will raise the prices for the new config.

When I asked the Tesla SA about the upgrade they said nothing is officially confirmed. If there is a new update the respective customers will be notified of the change just like they did with stealth grey.

Reactions: Phizzz and teko
Is this ambient lighting, new seats, front camera a hearsay or actually something coming? I'm new to all this and am ready to pull the trigger on a MSP but don't want to do it so soon and miss these new upgrades.
It's probably happening, but who knows when. There are some early fingerprints for lighting and camera in software code, but it could be January 2024 or January 2025 for all we know. Same with seats, which appear to be in development in photos but could be a long way off. Or not. Or optional with/without Track Pack. Or not.

Reactions: Phizzz and cg_11
It's probably happening, but who knows when. There is some early fingerprints for lighting and camera in software code, but it could be January 2024 or January 2025 for all we know. Same with seats, which appear to be in development in photos but could be a long way off. Or not. Or optional with/without Track Pack. Or not.
Exactly it's all speculation until someone officially confirms

My delivery window was just updated from Nov - Dec, to Nov 7 - Dec 12. Edit: ordered Oct 22

Model S LR, Stealth Grey, black interior, steering wheel, 19". I'm in the Bay Area so I assume we need to go to Fremont for to pick it up. That's where we went in 2015.

How accurate do you think these delivery windows are?
EDD: Nov 7 - Dec 12
EDD: Nov 11 - Dec 2

Shrinking window seems to be a sign of delivery coming up. No VIN yet.

Hearsay as far as when the features are coming...and if history repeats itself, like last year, the features will arrive Jan to March.

If you do it too late, you be will be near End of Year when delivery quality is worse.

If you plan to keep the car 3 to 4 years, getting a '24 VIN vs a '23 will not matter much.

It sounds more like a sleeper config! Enjoy it, man.
wont last long, got full suspension and wheels already on the way, lol

What is your order date?
ordered 2023.10.07
vin 2023.11.07
edd window 11.09 to 11.16

i suspect the vehicle has been imminent for a while as they have been slipping my EDD by 1 day, everyday for 2 weeks now, all my tasks have been done for a while. after the vin today, had to accept the ultrasonic waiver, and submit my insurance, which I did immediately. now waiting for a delivery day...

Reactions: chukieboy

They could be coming next week, next year or not at all. I remember back in 2015 when the word was that Tesla’s heads-up display was “imminent.” I was bummed that my car wasn’t going to have it. Never happened.

That’s not to say that none of those things will happen. But you know what else could happen? The price could go back up anothe $10k or $20k. Like with iPhones, there’s always something new just around the corner. And if you wait for it every time, you’ll never buy the (arguably) most fantastic car on the planet.

They could be coming next week, next year or not at all. I remember back in 2015 when the word was that Tesla’s heads-up display was “imminent.” I was bummed that my car wasn’t going to have it. Never happened.

That’s not to say that none of those things will happen. But you know what else could happen? The price could go back up anothe $10k or $20k. Like with iPhones, there’s always something new just around the corner. And if you wait for it every time, you’ll never buy the (arguably) most fantastic car on the planet.
I don’t care about the ambient lighting, but I think the front bumper camera would be nice. I guess there is a very small percent chance that it could be retrofitted.
But you’re right, probably just going to have to accept delivery. It’s still a massive upgrade over my 11-year-old car.

I don’t care about the ambient lighting, but I think the front bumper camera would be nice. I guess there is a very small percent chance that it could be retrofitted.
But you’re right, probably just going to have to accept delivery. It’s still a massive upgrade over my 11-year-old car.
I’d love to have a front camera, too. As well as the USS on my current 85D and it’s front radar. When they offered transfer of FUSC, though, that absolutely sealed the deal for me. This is so much more car with so much more range and so much faster Supercharging…. I literally could not say no.

Reactions: dsm363 and aerodyne
I’d love to have a front camera, too. As well as the USS on my current 85D and it’s front radar. When they offered transfer of FUSC, though, that absolutely sealed the deal for me. This is so much more car with so much more range and so much faster Supercharging…. I literally could not say no.

Agree. It is what it is. I think the front bumper camera would be nice but not critical. I’ve never had a front bumper camera anyway so it wouldn’t change anything. My car only has one camera right now, so having all of these new cameras and blindspot, detection will be a huge upgrade. And to pass on extending free supercharging for many more years is tough to do. If I keep this car in another nine years, that will be 20 years of free long-distance travel. Not a bad deal.

Agree. It is what it is. I think the front bumper camera would be nice but not critical. I’ve never had a front bumper camera anyway so it wouldn’t change anything. My car only has one camera right now, so having all of these new cameras and blindspot, detection will be a huge upgrade. And to pass on extending free supercharging for many more years is tough to do. If I keep this car in another nine years, that will be 20 years of free long-distance travel. Not a bad deal.
How many miles do you have on your Sig S?