Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Been unregistered on this site until today, actively in this thread daily for 4 months now. Ordered a Model S in October after my local store rep said that timing would line up with a 2024 VIN. As we all know, that didn't happen. Last week, I stumbled upon a great local deal on a late 2022 Plaid w/ Arachnids and EAP for $72k. Jumped all over that and have been loving it. Glad the 2024 models got delayed so much, otherwise I wouldn't have ended up with a Plaid! Absolutely love this car, my only issue is the suspension feels too bouncy no matter what mode I try. Will dig deeper in other threads, but any insight would be much appreciated.
I run in low auto all the time. Comfortable mode is definitely a little pogo. Also remember air suspension will have a bouncing feel to it by nature.
Sport low when launching.

• Helpful
Reactions: adcustom
Ugh, have you dealt with Tesla service?? 😂
I have had 5 Porsches and the dealers are amazing. Tesla, can’t even call your local dealer. Have to talk to a regional person.
Yeah, Tesla service is frustrating to say the least.

For Porsche I’m referring to the ordering process on the higher end cars. ADMs, wait lists, etc. One of the reasons I even got a Tesla was because of how simple and painless it is to order one.

Here are all the 2024 Model S in inventory. No plaids yet.
I’m also tempted to grab one if someone could confirm that they’re 2024 VINs. The html does imply so, though it’d be great if someone else could confirm as well.

I run in low auto all the time. Comfortable mode is definitely a little pogo. Also remember air suspension will have a bouncing feel to it by nature.
Sport low when launching.

With proper compression and rebound tuning, air suspensions aren't bouncy by nature. The only real difference between air and spring is that you can tune spring rate frequency progressively based on current spring compression by changing the windings at different parts of the spring.

Seriously, Tesla service is the worst I’ve had out of any manufacturer ever and I’ve been to three different service centers and had to wait for hours vs getting a loaner. Communication is also terrible but the people there are very nice so there’s that.

Back to the Model S update, it would be nice if Tesla offered the carbon ceramic brakes as an option at a lower price like other manufacturers. By doing this the upcharge is usually half around $8k. Instead Tesla offers the the package separately for $15k which is around what others charge if you order afterward.

In 2015, Tesla was the best service I'd ever experienced. I was totally sold. It's now the worst and not just by a little bit. The bar is so low that I truly believe it has changed what they can charge for vehicles, especially their flagship vehicles. I'd be willing to pay far more if I knew I was buying a quality product that with quality service when there are issues. If Tesla hadn't lowered the prices, I'd have never ordered the MSP after my last experience. If service had maintained it's previous levels of excellence, I'd happily pay $150K for the MSP.

Being able to communicate only through the app wouldn't be so bad if they didn't ignore every message I ever sent. And things like, "You're car will be ready for pickup at 4:30", then 10 minutes before getting there in the uber, getting a message saying they need to keep the car an extra day even though they already knew I was headed out of town that night....which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't already taken 1.5 weeks to do what they originally estimated would be 4 days. Then the constant, "it's within spec", but not showing me the spec. Can't reproduce. We don't fix dash rattles after the first 100 miles. etc, etc, etc.

The super sad thing is Tesla's are magic. Not just because they're EVs. When things aren't breaking and when you're not dealing with crappy service, nothing matches the experience. It's sad that they are destroying the brand with quality and service issues. Tesla used to be considered a premium product. I don't think anyone thinks that anymore whether they own a Tesla or not and this totally effects their margins.

Ugh. Can someone help me out here? Trying to figure out how to select factory delivery in Fremont. When I bought my MXP in 2022, it let me select pickup at a Tesla location. Now it's making me enter address for delivery even though I unchecked the option earlier to make my home address the delivery address.

In 2015, Tesla was the best service I'd ever experienced. I was totally sold. It's now the worst and not just by a little bit. The bar is so low that I truly believe it has changed what they can charge for vehicles, especially their flagship vehicles. I'd be willing to pay far more if I knew I was buying a quality product that with quality service when there are issues. If Tesla hadn't lowered the prices, I'd have never ordered the MSP after my last experience. If service had maintained it's previous levels of excellence, I'd happily pay $150K for the MSP.

Being able to communicate only through the app wouldn't be so bad if they didn't ignore every message I ever sent. And things like, "You're car will be ready for pickup at 4:30", then 10 minutes before getting there in the uber, getting a message saying they need to keep the car an extra day even though they already knew I was headed out of town that night....which wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't already taken 1.5 weeks to do what they originally estimated would be 4 days. Then the constant, "it's within spec", but not showing me the spec. Can't reproduce. We don't fix dash rattles after the first 100 miles. etc, etc, etc.
I agree. I would have never ordered this MSP at $120K. Being that the price is $90K makes me more tolerable to their shenanigans.

The super sad thing is Tesla's are magic. Not just because they're EVs. When things aren't breaking and when you're not dealing with crappy service, nothing matches the experience. It's sad that they are destroying the brand with quality and service issues. Tesla used to be considered a premium product. I don't think anyone thinks that anymore whether they own a Tesla or not and this totally effects their margins.
Well, since you said “I don’t think anyone...” I’ll go ahead and say that I’ve been happy with service from the two service centers I’ve tried here in southwest Ohio and in one of these engagements the Service Manager Tim went considerably above and beyond. Still, in classic forum fashion, bitchers are more vocal. It is inescapable.

off-topic, but if Tesla suddenly changes their tune about withholding updates until the next model year, and the plaid sports seats are coming with this next batch, I really do hope that the alcantara trim on the bolsters for the leaked sports seats don't make it to production. The faux leather in my Model 3 has held up incredibly after nearing 100k miles with a 6'3" driver, but the alcantara seats in my V60 Polestar were destroyed after like 30 or 40k. Very much a "look, don't touch" material for daily drivers unless you absolutely need the grip for track days/HPD

Well, since you said “I don’t think anyone...” I’ll go ahead and say that I’ve been happy with service from the two service centers I’ve tried here in southwest Ohio and in one of these engagements the Service Manager Tim went considerably above and beyond. Still, in classic forum fashion, bitchers are more vocal. It is inescapable.
And I think the service at the two NE Ohio service centers are excellent, as well as their mobile service.

Ugh. Can someone help me out here? Trying to figure out how to select factory delivery in Fremont. When I bought my MXP in 2022, it let me select pickup at a Tesla location. Now it's making me enter address for delivery even though I unchecked the option earlier to make my home address the delivery address.
Home delivery is rubbish. I’d refuse to buy another Tesla if they want to force home delivery.

• Funny
Reactions: lbowroom